PDA

View Full Version : Androstenedione and i am not full grown...

RyanG
03-10-2003, 07:33 PM
I\'ve been taking 25mg of andro a day for about 2 weeks... its mainly cause i am 18, skinny, and limited hair growth and look 15 (probly cause of pot smoking for 3 years, but i quit a while back).

Will this mess up my natural (SLOW!) abilities of growing, or improve them? Would DHEA be a better choice? Any recommedations would be helpful.

Thanks

Bruce
03-10-2003, 08:46 PM
My feeling is that you should *not* mess with the andros at your age. Old guys like me, OK, if you know what you are doing, cycle off properly etc, but not at 18. I would get in to see a good doctor, get tested and see what he has to say. I was late going through every stage of my development and it didn\'t hurt me any. Maybe that\'s why I am slow getting old, who knows. If you are really worried about it, see a good doctor.

Eat healthy, work out healthy.

Bruce

Watcher
03-12-2003, 07:14 PM
See youre doctor firsti would say and then perhaps take some ZMA supplements (zinc and magnesium) horny goatweed, plenty of milk and protein powder, Co-enzyme Q-10 and work out like crazy. Do what i did when i was skinny and 18 bulk up and by 21 am all muscle. Use PCC or EW to increase youre testostrone levels also (couplins)

Nutt
03-14-2003, 01:59 AM
no need to worry too much just yet. My advice is get used to hitting the gym regularly, if necessary buy yourself a cheap set of weights and do it at home until you feel comfortable enough to visit the gym. Its also handy to have them around in case your in the mood for a quick blast with them occasionally.

By doing this you will increase your natural growth hormone levels and at 18 you have plenty of natural testosterone to not have to worry about supplementing it. if you do feel you have a problem tell your Doctor, be totally honest and let him make any decisions about this stuff, ask him about ZMA and tribulus if you like but most MD\'s tend to discount this stuff, its a shame but to be fair they do have a lot on there plate with \'real\' drugs and conditions so you can\'t expect them to be experts in more \'alternative\' herbal type sports supplements.

you might want to check out the forums at www.bodybuilding.com (\"http://www.bodybuilding.com\") or http://boards.elitefitness.com/ (\"http://boards.elitefitness.com/\")

DrSmellThis
03-14-2003, 05:14 AM
There\'s a protein supplement called Nutravitta that is 100% collagen. That is what your bones and tendons are made of, and that\'s mainly what determines height and potential weight.

CptKipling
03-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Doc,

Don\'t forget he will need a good supply of calcium.

Also, if bones are put under increased strain, they respond by laying down more bone (clever huh?). So high strain exercises will boost bone mass, bart suggested knuckle push ups, running (sprinting esp.) is good, as is laying into a punch bag.

The best method is using a special machine that you stand on that vibrates your body rapidly, which stresses your bones. NASA (or was it the Russians...?) use it to reverse bone degredation in space.

DrSmellThis
03-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Probably just find the best multi-MINERAL supplement you can -- you do usually have to take like 3 tabs a day with the good ones -- and just keep exercising, and with light weights.

I would avoid steroids until a doc tests you. I\'d recommend saliva tests over the ones they usually give, and you usually have to go to a natural practitioner. But take all the tests you can.

Homeopathic HgH (growth hormone) is an interesting possibility, as are supplements that support HgH. I\'d look into those. There are also pressure points in the pads of your thumbs and big toes that activate the pituitary.

Goanna
03-23-2003, 05:50 AM
Take it from someone with experiance. Androstendione has all the negative side effects of anabolic androgenic steroids, with very little of the benefits! If I were you, I would take 1-testosterone, 1-androstendione, or 19-norandrostendione. None of those can be converted into estrogen, which is the reason 4-androstendione (what you are taking now) will cause side effects such as gynocomestia or, if you still have some growing to do, it can cause advanced maturation of the epiphyseal growth plates in your lower spine which will stunt your growth.

Any of the three androgens I listed above will not cause those problems. 1-test also is a real OTC steroid, not a pro-hormone. It needs no enzymatic conversion in order to bond to your bodys androgen receptors. It is also said to be 7-times more anabolic then pure testosterone, while at the same time being less androgenic. What that means is that you will slowly gain large amounts of real mass, and not just bloat up with water like testosterone would do. You also keep a lot of the mass from 1-test after you stop supplementing with it, where as you can lose up to 50% of the mass gained from 4-ad or testosterone.

Tantalus747
04-03-2003, 11:17 AM
\"Any of the three androgens I listed above will not cause those problems.\"

Gyno is one of the sides of 19-nor. Though it is safer than most other products (the ones that are effective anyway).

Just because there isn\'t risk of estrogen related side effects doesn\'t mean there\'s no risk. If a prohormone/prosteriod is effective, there is either risk of estrogen related sides or DHT related sides (hairloss, prostate problems, ect) if not both. And with hormones like 1-test taken alone, you\'ll actually have sides related to LOW estrogen because of the testosterone suppression effect, while the 1-test itself doesn\'t aromatize. Yes, even men need a certain amount of estrogen to function normally.

18 year olds messing around with hormones is why these will likely be banned... and possibly pheromones with them. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

If anyone here\'s even considering using products like these, please go to bodybuilding.com and read Bigcat\'s excellent articles, as well as doing a board search on the side effects others have experienced.

Btw, I 2nd the opinion that Androstendione is worthless for muscle building.

Goanna
04-05-2003, 04:23 PM
19-nor gyno would be related to progesterone, not estrogen, and yes it is rare that it would happen.

I cant really argue with you, but all I will say is that I was taking pro-hormones at 15 and I started steroids at 17 (Experimented once while 16). I did not experiance any bad side effects. Just normal androgen related sides that a male of any age may experiance while taking large amounts of androgens.

I noticed that you also shop at 1fast400.com. That tells me that you are into Bodybuilding and/or Health and Fitness, because they only advertise at those types of sites.

If you like, come by my home board, Anabolex.com. Its more hardcore then Bodybuilding.com, but questions get answered quick, as there is usually a minimum of 200-300 users on at one time. I go under the same User Name there.

Edit, I can argue one point, I looked over it before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. All you need to do to counteract testosterone suppression while taking 1-test is cycle on and off properly. If you were on it year round, it would be an issue, but on 4-6 week cycles it is not a problem.