PDA

View Full Version : Good Book

druid
03-10-2003, 11:21 AM
I am almost finished reading \"Body language Secrets: A guide to Dating Courtship and Dating\" by R.Don Steele, pretty good book about body lanuage as it relates to attraction. He gives some advice about eye contact that I think is great for guys. 1)Always hold her gaze or eye contact, don\'t look away or down because that is submissive. 2)When a woman looks at you holds EC, smiles, looks down and away she is interested in you. when she makes EC then looks away w/o looking down she is not interested in you. This has to be seen with clusters of other body lanugage but is one of the most powerful signals.

proteus
03-10-2003, 01:56 PM
I wonder whether these signals hold true across cultures and ethnic groups, or whether this only holds true for the US. Seems depending upon where you are these signals could mean entirely different things

Watcher
03-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Id say it is different across cultures. Although some basic responses would be genetic, consider it a combination of the above.

phersurf
03-10-2003, 03:07 PM
I read that book and it is quite good (except he could have used more attractive people in the photos/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif ). Many are cultural, but at least one of the most important is not. That is holding eye contact and having the woman smile and look down.

druid
03-10-2003, 09:21 PM
actually the author says that many of this movements are the SAME accross cultures. He also states that they are even the same for other primates. It deals with more evolutionary reasons and evolution (if you buy into it) has been going on longer than civilation.