PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Soldiers Already Beginning to Surrender

upsidedown
03-08-2003, 10:54 PM
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/page.cfm?objectid=12715943&method=full&siteid=1066 94 (\"http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/page.cfm?objectid=12715943&method=full&siteid=1066 94\")

Elana
03-09-2003, 06:12 AM
What morons /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
They had to be told to go back home and wait until it actually starts before they could surrender. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif I hope that a lot more of them have the same mind set.

seadove
03-09-2003, 06:23 AM
Well I wasn\'t surprised at all.

This happened also during the 6 day war.

upsidedown
03-09-2003, 06:40 AM
I\'m not surprised either. I have a feeling that the majority of the regular Iraqi army is waiting to surrender as well. They\'re smart enough to know they don\'t stand a chance. Most don\'t have any loyalties to Saddam nor do they want to die for him. From what I hear, the majority would like to see us remove Saddam.

EXIT63
03-09-2003, 06:42 AM
They probably saw the full page ad in the arts and leisure section of the CAMELJOCKEY HERALD (spreading disinformation since 1979).

Early bird special...
Bring your friends...
The more the merrier...
FREE BUFFET!!!.
All the goat meat you can eat.
Door prizes...First 1000 Iraquis get a free towel!
Valet Camel parking..

seadove
03-09-2003, 06:44 AM
It\'s taking too damn long.

If it surpasses the 17th of this month I\'d say it\'s turning to be a joke.

Whitehall
03-09-2003, 02:29 PM
If you or I were in some poor Iraqi conscript\'s shoes, what would we do?

I for one would switch sides just as soon as I could do so.

Watcher
03-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Immediate cupiluation. It will turn into a joke, the USA should just walk into the middle of baghdad. The air strikes may not be needed. But if it goes past the 17th of march without a war george bush will lose his credibility and lose the 2004 USA presidential elections. It all hinges on his performance in this war and the way i see it he is on his way out of office. Bring on Al Gore as the democratic 2004 white house elect the next president of the United States of america.
That is my prediction.

seadove
03-09-2003, 10:28 PM
<<<If you or I were in some poor Iraqi conscript\'s shoes, what would we do?

I for one would switch sides just as soon as I could do so. >>>

It all depends on the elementary reason of one\'s conscription.If it is of a survival nature or is it just one of the few available job opportunities in Iraq .Let\'s not forget that the main wealth of Iraq is Oil , which is in Sadam\'s hand, and he is the one who is sculpturing the economical situation of his country.

Watcher
03-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Saddam runs the economy with him gone a vaccum will emerge allowing foreign firms to get a hold on the oil. American and british interest get first crack at it.
French russians and chinesse will also get a look in to maintain US diplomatic business links.

seadove
03-09-2003, 11:04 PM
<<< American and british interest get first crack at it.
French russians and chinesse will also get a look in to maintain US diplomatic >>>

Watcher

Between you and me, isn\'t this what it\'s all about?

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gerund
03-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Re: Iraqi Soldiers Already Beginning to Surrender

Wow.

(They must be taking lessons from the French) /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Watcher
03-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Now if only someone would kill saddam huisein NOW then the war wouldnt happen and the US could probably set up a democratic government. Either way its going to be real quick or real messy.

belgareth
03-10-2003, 03:58 PM
There was an interview in our local paper a couple weeks ago that I think was taken from AP. It was an Iraqi army officer who had defected recently. He said this was going to happen, that they would surrender in droves because they are so under supplied with food, weapons and amunition. The only units likely to stay loyal were the first brigade because they are the only ones who are properly paid, fed and supplied.

I hope it\'s true and it begining to sound like it may be.