PDA

View Full Version : WWW III right around the corner!

phersurf
03-04-2003, 06:22 PM
250,000 troups in the Mid East, more on the way. 150 times more bombs are being readied to drop on Iraq than were dropped in Desert Storm. Hidden terrorist cells all over the world, many in the US, with plans and schedules already in place. It won\'t matter if Sadam and Bin Ladden are killed tomorrow, these cells are on auto pilot. The war in Iraq could (and probably will) escalate to the rest of the Mid east.

N. Korea has nukes and has already threaten to use them against the US. 24 US bombers go to Guam to \"deter\" N.Korea.

China is just waiting in the wings for the US to become weak.

There are missing nukes from the former Soviet Union, some probably in terrorists hands.

It\'s pretty scarry out there, folks. I hate to be pessimistic, but I don\'t see any of these situations resolving themselves pleasantly.

phersurf
03-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Never mind. I am feeling better now. I think the shock treatment helped. All these thing will be resolved peacfully. Our extremely intelligent, legitimately elected president knows what he is doing. Even though he had 6 busines failures, is the only president in history to never have published anything and has spent more tme on vacations than any president, ever. I am sure everthing is under control./ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Gerund
03-04-2003, 07:36 PM
A decent alarmist, sensationalized, the-sky-might-be-falling post, but I\'ve seen better in this forum.

That North Korea has nukes they\'re willing to use against the U.S. is old, old, old news. Their nukes have been targeted on the U.S. since day one. Now you\'re suddenly alarmed?

The war in Iraq could (and probably will) escalate to the rest of the Mid east.

Really? Hmm... didn\'t happen last time. Who says it will? You? If you are privy to knowledge available beyond the 5 most commonly acknowledged senses, please get a resume over to our Diplomatic Corps right away, and avert this \"probable\" escalation.

Missing nukes in terrorist hands? Not impossible... but it seems that if a terrorist organization actually had one or more nukes in its possession, it wouldn\'t keep that fact a secret for long. They\'d use it to blackmail (or greenmail) us capitalistic pigs into some type of concession. Or they\'d just use it outright. Sitting on a nuke and keeping it a secret wouldn\'t do any terrorist organization any good.

China is just waiting in the wings for the US to become weak.

And then what would China do? Tip the first domino to start worldwide communist expansion? Unlikely. Their hands are quite full with internal matters, such as how to best nurture their own budding capitalism. They\'re experiencing transition problems, but they\'re finding some fascinating productivity bonuses in private ownership of business and assets, and have great incentive to continue on that path.

The U.S. is the largest market with which China enjoys a trade surplus. The only thing China wants to do to the U.S. is drown us in exports.

Actually, you may be right in one respect. An even bigger trade deficit with China could be kinda scary.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-04-2003, 08:48 PM
PherSurf, I share your fear. I\'m afraid for my life. Let\'s hope Gerund\'s sober post better reflects the reality of the situation, what do you say?

upsidedown
03-04-2003, 09:02 PM
I believe just the opposite could be the reality. Once these rogue states see the military power and resolve of the U.S., they\'ll probably make some attempts to straighten up their own acts for fear of being next. I heard some story today that the Arafat is ordering Palestinian suicide bombers to stop blowing up Israelis for fear that we will target them after Iraq. Doesn\'t sound like an escalation to me. Could be that having a president who is actually strong will put some fear in the troublemakers of the world, and perhaps some constructive efforts at peace can now be negotiated with leaders who are more rational that Saddam Hussein.

Watcher
03-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Arafat has no power over the palestians. We will have to see if bush goes in quickly or not ?.
Will world oil prices affect global economic growth in a serious manner.
Leading to greater islamic militancy.
North korea pushing the closer the Iraq war gets for media and UN attention for aid etc.

seadove
03-05-2003, 12:17 AM
I believe, and I hope, that nothing will eventually happen, Saddam has always proved to be a rabbit, who backs out of any war when he feels the pressure on him.Last time he did it was in the Gulf war, but then the world believed that he will back off from accumulating weapons of mass distruction.Not this time.
If any war will occur in the Middle east region , it will be only against Iraq, and it will last for not more than 6 days.Any time more than 6 days will result to turbulances in the region mainly from local Moguls.

My safe attitude is : Expect the worst but hope for the best.

bundyburger
03-05-2003, 12:25 AM
<<My safe attitude is : Expect the worst but hope for the best. >>

Well said SD, Sums up my thoughts on the whole matter.

seadove
03-05-2003, 12:30 AM
Thank you Sir.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bundyburger
03-05-2003, 01:06 AM
Sir?! ...wow!...coool... /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif heh heh heh

Whitehall
03-05-2003, 06:58 AM
For an excellent article on the \"Mind of Bush\" check the current issue of the Atlantic Monthly. He\'s Chief Executive - a Harvard MBA has proved a good preparation for that post. What he\'s NOT is a lawyer or a professor - he\'s a man of action.

Yes, we are in a dangerous time with lot\'s of changes in the world happening all at once, it seems. That\'s history for you. If Bush has one shortcoming, it\'s his lack of a grand long-term world view. Maybe \"lack\"is too strong a word, but he\'s not necessarily a deep thinker. However, that allows him to make decisions rapidly and with assurance - he\'s not paralyzed by his contemplation.

All in all, Bush is a a darn good president for the times. I think we (and the rest of the free world) are lucky to have him.

upsidedown
03-05-2003, 08:20 AM
I don\'t know if busy is a deep thinker or not....it\'s really hard to judge a book by it\'s cover from where I sit watching from a distance. But, even if he\'s not a deep thinker, he has at least surrounded himself with lots of thinkers. And, from what I\'ve read, he wants all conflicting views on a subject brought up to him to help him make decissions.