PDA

View Full Version : The World's Greatest Perfume

Pages : [1] 2

DrSmellThis
03-02-2003, 10:15 AM
You all wanted an answer to the question of the finest perfume, and here mine is.

Amouage.

I\'m almost finished saving my money for it, but have already gone through a few samples. This perfume, whether the men\'s or women\'s formula, is to die for.

A perfume of kings and queens, speaking literally, it is devastating as a romanic attractant. It is virtually flawless.

It is almost purely natural, if not absolutely so, and contains all the finest and rarest substances of perfuming, including the finest and rarest silver frankincense, myrrh, rock rose, jasmine, patchouli, sandalwood, peach, and lily of the valley. It contains real civet, ambergris, and deer musk (the ancient, mystical aphrodisiac combination), and the finest versions of these! The animal fixatives give the perfume incredible lasting power.

Its powdery, musky finish is the perfect complement for all pheromones. For those of you that think there is some kind of magic to the baby powder scent, this is sorcery indeed!

It is in a different class altogether than any of the perfumes or colognes discussed in this forum (not that some of those aren\'t excellent). The formula was 2000 years in the making. The new Dia version (which is not even my favorite version for men) has been called \"the greatest accomplishment in the history of perfuming\" by experts, partially because it took 200 years just to get this certain kind of rose into it in just the right way when the prized rose was a certain number of minutes old. Many of the finest cathedrals and temples use it for ceremonies.

Amouage, which means something like \"waves of emotion\" in French, was commisioned by the Sultan of Oman to revive the lost perfuming tradition of the region. The Sultan told one of the greatest French Masters, who had created perfumes fo Chanel, Hermes, and others, to \"spare no expense.\" So he didn\'t.

At $200.00 a pop, it is a bargain. The company loses money on it at this price, but continues to offer it out of respect for the tradition. For men I like the original version for attracting women, and for women I like either the original version, or the \"Dia\" version; which is for day wear and has a more prominent rose note.

The original bottles are made of gold. It is for the most special of occasions. You will smell very rich, in both senses of the word.

By the way, since this the phero forum, I should note that the first time I wore it, a 38 year old woman I never met before invited me back to her house after an hour long conversation. She mauled me with sloppy kisses as soon as we walked through the door, and told me she wanted to lick me all over. She kept jamming her nose against my wrists swooning over the smell (\"Ooooohmygaaaawd!\"), so I think the perfume had a lot to do with it. I left with my pants intact out of not wanting to hurt her feelings down the road, but she had already left a message on my machine by the next morning asking me out. By the way, I discovered later I was wearing the women\'s version.

Oh, and here is the link, in case anybody is interested: ;)

http://www.amouage.com/ (http:///)

**DONOTDELETE**
03-02-2003, 10:18 AM
YOU ROCK.

franki
03-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the link. I found a few perfumeries near me on that site that carry Amouage and I am going to take a whiff of it.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
03-02-2003, 01:10 PM
The only place they sell it in the NW is Portland, OR. Is that the place you found it? How much is it?
Bruce

proteus
03-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Thanks for this excellent info. - I think I will purchase it but first will try and get hold of some samples.

CJ01
03-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Do you guys want me to put this link in the new forum database thread?

bjf
03-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Dr. Smell this: IF you could pick one product in your arsenal, would it be Amourage, or a pherome? Just one product...

Also, are you recomending Amourage Gold or Amourage Dia?

And you say it blows everything out of the water???

bivonic
03-02-2003, 03:41 PM
<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rmehta20022002-shop/amouagfpsl1-4hp.html>$91.99 Amouage - Women\'s Version</a> (regularly $135)

bivonic
03-02-2003, 04:21 PM
I imagine he means the \"Gold\" Version, looks like it sells for about $160 from the amouage.com site, that\'s for 50ml (1.7 FL OZ)

bivonic
03-02-2003, 04:24 PM
<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.soukofoman.com/goldcristal.html>$155 for Mens Gold Version</a>

bivonic
03-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Jackpot:

<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage.html>$30 Amouage sample set 8 samples</a>
Women\'s: Gold , Silver Cristal, Dia, Ubar
Men\'s: Gold, Silver Cristal, Silver Cologne, Dia

bivonic
03-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Hmmm looks like a <a target=\"_blank\" href=http://store.yahoo.net/soukofoman/cologne.html>knockoff for $115</a>

DrSmellThis
03-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Yes, Bruce. That\'s also the place I\'ve been bragging about on the forum -- The Perfume House on Hawthorne Blvd. The men\'s classsic formula is $170.00 there. Ask for Chris Tsefalis, as he is one of the world\'s foremost experts and \"Noses\", a great storyteller, and a super guy. Their website sucks, but you can use it to contact him:

www.theperfumehouse.com/main.html (\"http://www.theperfumehouse.com/main.html\")

DrSmellThis
03-02-2003, 05:41 PM
I would pick Amouage, no question, over any pheromone. For one thing, the animal fixatives have hundreds of pheromones already in them.

Hmmmm...Blows everything else out of the water? So far, I\'d have to say everything commercially available, yes. But keep in mind that just because a perfume is The Greatest, doesn\'t mean you will like it the best on yourself. You might like a $40.00 perfume, or whatever...

As I said, for guys I would recommend the Gold formula, but make sure you say the original, classic version, as some people mix it up when you say \"Gold\".

bsxs
03-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Do you think the sample set is a big bargain?

DrSmellThis
03-02-2003, 05:47 PM
I wouldn\'t necessarily trust the Yahoo shopping link, as there are different products, and you don\'t know what you are getting...

DrSmellThis
03-02-2003, 05:53 PM
That might be an original, not a knockoff, but keep in mind there are various produsts the perfumery sells, and that I am recommending the original, classic version, due to the aphrodisiac bass notes in that version!

DrSmellThis
03-02-2003, 05:57 PM
The sample set is a good place to start if you can\'t go smell it in person at a boutique. But these are just tiny samples.

aaron
03-03-2003, 09:16 AM
It\'s stocked by Harrods apparently. So perhaps I\'ll take a short tube ride to see my friend Mohammed and see how much he charges for a small bottle. If I\'m lucky, I may be able to persuade the nice lady behind the fragrance counter for a few samples /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Paul canada
03-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Hey Doc:

Do you know how much is in each of the sample sets?

Paul

xvs
03-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Are you referring to the Amouage Gold version?

http://www.amouage.com/amouage_gold_men.htm (\"http://www.amouage.com/amouage_gold_men.htm\")

Nordstrom\'s said they don\'t have it but could get me a sample. They have the silver cristal version in stock: $110.

I don\'t know about the lead crystal. It\'s been shown that wine stored in lead crystal leaches lead from the crystal. I don\'t want to be putting that on my skin. The bottle looks great, but if I got it I think I would decant it into some plain glass...

bivonic
03-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah that\'s the stuff. Based on what I read in this thread I\'d recommend either the Gold version or the sampler, I\'d be hesitant to layout $100+ for the silver unless I knew it was worth it.

Whitehall
03-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Wine is slightly acidic, all that tannic acid. Lead in the crystal could leach out in this case, if porrly made. Perfume is in an alcohol base and probably not acidic to any degree. Plus, you will only be using tiny dabs of the stuff onto the skin - you ain\'t slugging down quarts of the stuff.

I wouldn\'t worry about the lead crystal bottle.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Good perfume has always been bottled in lead crystal. Read up on Lalique, for example.

http://www.lalique-eboutique.com/ (\"http://www.lalique-eboutique.com/\")

nonscents
03-04-2003, 06:05 AM
OK, I am sold. But my sceptic alarms are all firing at a high rate when I hear that they don\'t make any money on their $200 perfume. Having worked for companies that produced EDP and EDT, I know that there were always higher margins on the high-priced items. I am sure that it\'s a great product and that many will find it worth the high price tag. But is there any credible evidence that they are selling this as a loss-leader, like a carton of milk?

Do they make anything on the $1,600 version that comes in the gold flask?

DrSmellThis
03-04-2003, 07:05 AM
I heard this personally from a \"nose\", a top professional in the industry. I can\'t confirm it.

I think one ingredient is like $5000.00/gram. So it wouldn\'t be suprising...This product is very different, and there is also the involvement of the Sultan that complicates things...

nonscents
03-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Well now I am afraid to buy some, since I don\'t want to put them out of business;)

Seriously, though, thanks for the response. I can\'t imagine getting a more credible report on the profitability of an item than that.

chummym
03-04-2003, 05:31 PM
hmmmm....i wanna try this stuff too....do any specific stores carry it?

jonoboy
03-04-2003, 05:39 PM
I live in the UK

I emailed the main admin store in the UK and they said they would post me some samples of their fragrance range, which was nice...

aaron
03-05-2003, 03:31 AM
Jonoboy: what\'s their e-mail or telephone number? Haven\'t had a chance to get to Harrods to see what they smell like.

jonoboy
03-05-2003, 04:19 AM
The details are on http://www.amouage.com/ukdistributors.htm (\"http://www.amouage.com/ukdistributors.htm\")

I emailed:
admineurope@amouage.com (\"admineurope@amouage.com\")

They said they would be only too happy to send me some samples, after i\'d posted back my postal address.

aaron
03-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Thank you /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Hey, Aaron, nice to see you.

DrSmellThis
03-06-2003, 01:39 AM
As soon as I have time, I have some more interesting Amouage hit stories to share. Wow. Stay tuned....

aaron
03-06-2003, 02:05 AM
Thanks FTR. I\'ve been busy at work over the last few months. At the moment I\'m trying to recall some of what I intend to put into my \"Looking for Love\" thread from a while back.

Warmest, A.

BassMan
03-06-2003, 08:45 AM
How long did it take Amouage to reply to your email? I wrote their USA addy couple of days ago and haven\'t heard back yet.

jonoboy
03-06-2003, 09:41 AM
They actually replied next day to me, but since posting my address, i haven;t heard from them, whether they have posted some samples or not, we will wait and see....

DrSmellThis
03-07-2003, 05:37 PM
bump.

Briela
03-07-2003, 07:51 PM
&gt;&gt;I wrote their USA addy couple of days ago and haven\'t heard back yet. &lt;&lt;

I did the same about a week ago, and have yet to hear back also. I think Wendy is dropping the ball regarding her US market responsibilties.

DrSmellThis
03-08-2003, 03:10 AM
I just purchased my bottle today!
170.00 at the Perfume House -- do a Google on it. They\'re reliable.

The bottle, which is finished in gold leaf, comes in leather case.

jonoboy
03-08-2003, 04:32 AM
Assuming you\'ve got a sample or the full bottle, how much would u need to put on? A dab? spray? 5 dabs.....

proteus
03-08-2003, 07:56 AM
l\'m really curious to read the hits you got with amouage as at $170.00 a pop it better be producing big time hits. So please do post your hit stories. Thanks!!

bjf
03-08-2003, 08:16 AM
same here...eagerly awaiting the hit stories

DrSmellThis
03-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Traditional is three sprays -- a big one to the chest and one on each side of the neck.

I say put on however much you want, wherever you want.; enough to cover your mones.

DrSmellThis
03-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Keep in mind I had -mones on too. Tuesday I went into the coffee shop restroom and put some Amouage on. I came out and walked by a young hippie chick. She then stood motionlesss by my table with her tea untill I offered her a seat. She chose the chair directly in front of me. She sat in front of me and stared deeply into my eyes for a half hour, like in a real freaky, intense sort of way, and asked me for a walk. She told me she lives in the boondocks, and had a serious boyfriend she had just fallen in love with. She then asked me to meet her next Tuesday when she returns to town, and told me to call her. Outside, she gave me a grinding 5 minute full body hug like a pro wrestler. I tried to break away but couldn\'t. I finally do leave the coffee shop parking lot and go to the store to buy a cigar. An attractive, thin women (40 but looks 20 - pro hiker) gets behind me in line and tells me she\'s lonely because it\'s Fat Tuesday. So I take her across the street for some whiskey. An hour later we start talking about sex nonstop, and she says she wants to f*ck me immediately. She follows me out to my car to \"smoke with you.\" She says she\'s a lesbian, and doesn\'t normally do this. Again I escape with my pants intact. I picked a hell of a time to take a break from sex.

ShyGuy
03-08-2003, 09:40 AM
What -mones did you have on?

bjf
03-08-2003, 09:44 AM
Staring deeply into your eyes would seem to be an indication of phermones, not smelling good.

I assume your experience with Amouage was with a sample vile? How many occaisions have you gotten to wear the cologne.

bjf

bivonic
03-08-2003, 10:07 AM
I disagree bjf, I think it could have been the combination. Or Amouage could make such a nice cover to have A1 type of neutralizing effects. Think of being able to OD w/o ANY negative effects, I\'m very curious as to what pheros &amp; what quantities DrSmell had applied.

Also based on his description I don\'t think it was from a sample vile since he mentioned a big spray to chest &amp; then to each side of neck. Think when my new order of WAGG arrives I\'ll break open the piggy bank &amp; go to Bergdorf Goodman &amp; pick me up some Amouage.

Keep \'em coming Dr.

bjf
03-08-2003, 10:22 AM
you don\'t know that he ODed on the mones though. And based on how much he knows about mones, I am sure he knows great combos for himself and has hits like this before.

MadDoctor
03-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Just the same, if these sort of hits were routine for him I doubt that he\'d be bringing them up as examples -- or forking out $170 for a bottle of the stuff!

bjf
03-08-2003, 01:44 PM
170 is like the price 3 bottles of another cologne. I see people with like 10 bottles of things. I would rather just get a couple. I hope Amouage is great, but let\'s be for real = expensive ingredients won\'t necessarily make the best tasting food. Amouage may be the best, I am just waiting to hear more of why Dr Smell thinks it is

voodoo
03-08-2003, 04:31 PM
So Dr Smell This, it\'s official we are all interested..What was your Mone application for that particular hit? ... /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

DrSmellThis
03-08-2003, 05:23 PM
We err when we separate -mones from smell, or think that natural perfuming ingredients don\'t contain -mones. Everything in nature is similar to everything else. The plant and animal ingredients of Amouage contain -mones. What do you think deer musk is composed of? Noting makes blood rush to your genitals faster than smelling straight, high quality deer musk. How about civet? Dogs have been known often to hump things on which civet was applied. 1000 years of perfumers think it works for humans too. Sandalwood contains several chemicals that are related to testosterone. Truffles contain -nol and celery contains -none. My nose tells me tobacco oil contains -none and maybe -rone. Jasmine and neroli (orange blossom) contain indole, which is in EW.

bsxs
03-08-2003, 05:26 PM
What kind of mones does Amouge have? Is it the stuff we are familiar to?

DrSmellThis
03-08-2003, 05:28 PM
No, I just dabbed it from a sample vial. Now I have the bottle, though. I\'ve worn it like 5 times, producing the above 3 hit stories, and also a lot of more subtle things, especially women who were with other men flirting with me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

I was wearing 4 dabs NPA, 3 CS -nol, 1 CS -rone, 2 CS A1, and a small dab or two PI (way less than a drop).

DrSmellThis
03-08-2003, 05:49 PM
See above posts. The animal ingredients contain maybe hundreds of pheromones, and most of the traditional aphrodisiac essential oils are in the perfume. They all contain -mones too. We don\'t know all the ones they contain. -Mones have always been part of perfumery, just not the lab synthesized ones until recently.

bsxs
03-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Are these mones more powerful than the ones Love-Scent has?

jonoboy
03-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey

I got my samples in the post today, got a sample spray of gold for men, sample spray of gold for women, dia for men, dia for women and some silver vials. I personally prefer silver, however, i did put a tiny drop of each on to a tissue just to smell, but they are nice....

DrSmellThis
03-08-2003, 10:27 PM
We don\'t need to ask the question like that.

The ones love-scent sells are isolated, powerful, and shown to be prominent for humans, but are incomplete.

We have identified some 200 human pheromones, and are using less than 10, all told, probably including WAGG.

DHEA and the ingredients in Amouage, I believe, can round out your profile.

Having said all that, high quality deer musk (plus just a hint of fine civet) is easily the most powerful phero-substance available in the world today for men, in my opinion, with the possible exception of heavy test./DHEA supplementation combined with exercise.

Unfortunately, good musk is extremely difficult to find, and is in very, very, very few colognes. Only the best have it. Amouage is just such a cologne. I have weeded through them for you all, folks. This information you all now have is not generally known, but we here are special. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

DrSmellThis
03-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Before you decide which you like, test them out on your skin with a bunch of women in your target range.

The animal pheros are heaviest in the Gold version, which is my preference for our purposes. But if one is clearly better after all that, go for it, whichever.

Nutt
03-09-2003, 01:51 AM
Just to note 50ml of the gold version in a less fancy bottle are only $110 if you go to the botique, gold cologne ( at the bottom) section of the offcial site. the \'proper\' bottle is very flash if you like that sort of thing though /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

BassMan
03-10-2003, 01:43 PM
It\'s not the same scent as the EDT. Look at the pyramid that lists the various notes.

BassMan
03-10-2003, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

&gt;&gt;I wrote their USA addy couple of days ago and haven\'t heard back yet. &lt;&lt;

I did the same about a week ago, and have yet to hear back also. I think Wendy is dropping the ball regarding her US market responsibilties.

<hr></blockquote>I heard from Wendy today. She offered to send me samples of all the fragrances if I\'d tell her where to send them.

Briela
03-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Same here. Looks like Wendy was out last week. Nice to know that they have some sense of customer service....still not as good as Bruce though! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

DrSmellThis
03-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Incidentally, the l-s scent that is closest to Amouage is... drum roll... the Old AE!

Both have a soapy, powdery, musky rosy, lotiony finish to them.

Therefore, if you are looking for an inexpensive, all in one phero product to blend with Amouage, that one might work well.

bsxs
03-10-2003, 05:28 PM
These are very high quality. I might want to get a big one of Gold.

bsxs
03-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Since you tried Amouage, would you say it like.. \"changed your life.\" Is there a big difference?

DrSmellThis
03-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Cool, you got em!?

Did you wear them yet?

bsxs
03-10-2003, 05:35 PM
I got the sampler kit. I didn\'t wear em yet but I smelled them all.

Watcher
03-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Yeah any luck with it so far ?
I would love to have love potion # 9, oh wait i have mixed some products from love-scent and i do have love scent love potion #9 lol oops lets keep it a top secret CIA type of thing.

Phantom
03-10-2003, 05:38 PM
-bsxs- in your personal opinion does Amouage smell better than any main stream high quality colognes or is it all just hype?

bsxs
03-10-2003, 05:39 PM
Do you think I should try Gold tomorrow, or should I wait till Friday, which is a big day for me with lots of social interaction.

bsxs
03-10-2003, 05:41 PM
It\'s a little hard to say. I think this is the type of scent that grows on you. At first I wasn\'t wild over it, I did like it but not obsessed. I smelled it a few more times, and it\'s grown on me a lot. I think it might be the best smelling one I have right now. I have Acqua di Gio, Le Male, Creed Imperial, Cool Water, Angel for Men.

DrSmellThis
03-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Well, I don\'t know. I\'ve been turning down so much sex lately I haven\'t had time to think about it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
It\'s just a perfume. But it fills a big niche, being brilliant, erotic and organic.

Don\'t buy it based on hopes that it will change your life or you\'ll be disappointed. You have to like perfume and want one of the best. But I think it\'s a good use for money if you have it, when you have it. Waiting, if you\'re short on $, makes you appreciate it more too. That\'s what I did. I\'ve known I liked it the best on me for a long time, but wanted to wait until the time was right.

DrSmellThis
03-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Yes. It\'s for sure the type that grows on you.

Notice how natural it smells compared to those others, even though they are among the better colognes. Just a little smoother and easier smelling.

It is very rich though -- malted milk shake rich. Many prefer a lighter scent than the Gold (e.g., Dia) for day wear.

And notice how sexy it smells the next day, even 24 hour later.

Chemical based colognes hit you over the head immediately with good smells, but don\'t grow on you very much.

bsxs
03-10-2003, 06:05 PM
Very true, I\'m already very sick of Angel/m. It\'s headache city I tell ya.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Doc, did you give up sex for lent? Also - have you smelled the women\'s version(s) on women? I no more have the money than the man in the moon, but you\'ve got me seriously intrigued. Thanks for the scoop on what sounds like an incredible perfume.

Paul canada
03-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Hey all:

Wendy is going to send me out free samples too. I asked her if there were any suppliers in Canada and she said no not yet. But if I gave her my mailing address she would send out some samples. So maybe everyone who lives in north america should email her for some samples too.

Paul

DrSmellThis
03-12-2003, 02:12 AM
I\'m making myself into an Ubermensch. I feel sorry for the next lass I sleep with... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Yes, I smelled it on two women -- it was great on both of them, and different each time -- very sexy. You can get a sample. But I have a sneaky suspicion you\'ll like it.

BluTGI
03-12-2003, 10:03 AM
For america i talked to some guy in Jersy sent him the address and he said he would ship it, still havent recieved it yet.

bsxs
03-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Here was my day. I put on four squirts of that Amouage Gold sampler stuff. I also had SoE on with two dabs of NPA. People were chattier than usual, that\'s a common theme that ran through the day. When I first got there, I decided to talk to some people and this girl who is usually pretty flirty with me grabbed my side as she walked by, and this kid said \"Ooh some sexual tension over here.\" The effects died down as the day went along, probably because I didn\'t have much Amouage on. I couldn\'t really even smell it on myself after a while. I\'m going to try Amouage Dia tomorrow. I had a good day with Gold though.

bsxs
03-12-2003, 05:22 PM
I agree though, that this stuff CAN round out your profile. It\'s different types of pheromones than the stuff we have.

DrSmellThis
03-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Dude I\'m tellin ya.

DrSmellThis
03-14-2003, 05:07 AM
Oh, FTR, I forgot to tell you I like the Ladies\' Gold the best of any of them, men\'s or women\'s. My mother was freaking out over it tonight.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2003, 06:11 AM
Yes, I\'m sure. I read about each of them and Ladies\' Gold looked to me like sheer perfection. I looked all around the website but couldn\'t find anything about pricing for samples. Do I just need to call them?

BluTGI
03-14-2003, 06:21 AM
dude said he would send them. didnt say about a price.
If there is one guess ill have to pay /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

DrSmellThis
03-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Yes. They shouldn\'t charge you much. Or e-mail them, or e-mail one of the US distributors shown on the map at their site.

Briela
03-14-2003, 04:08 PM
FTR, you can go to the Amouage website under the \"contact\" link and email Wendy Hewitson (the European/US Sales manager). Let her know that you\'re interested in obtaining samples and include your full mailing address to expidite things. The samples are complementary. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2003, 06:06 PM
That\'s what I did, emailed Wendy, asked for samples and gave my address. Oh, goody. Maybe soon.

jonoboy
03-14-2003, 07:03 PM
They do all smell pretty beautiful, but for some reason, I can only seem to smell it on myself, no one else can, even if i ask them to go up close and have a whiff.... This is even after about 4-5 sprays of the sample atomizers they sent. I can still smell on myself after quite a long period of time, so why can\'t others smell it?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Are you asking women to smell you or men?

jonoboy
03-15-2003, 06:42 AM
Well, my mates, blokes mainly, I\'ve been going on about Amouage for ages, well since reading the first post by DrSmellThis, just want to see if they can smell it and what they think, cos they have never heard of it, and but say they can\'t smell anything...

**DONOTDELETE**
03-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Guys can\'t smell. Ask some women. If you can smell it on yourself, I bet women can smell it.

DrSmellThis
03-15-2003, 03:54 PM
The smell lasts a very long time, but it\'s easy on the nose and rich instead of sharp and obnoxious like so many other colognes. The natural musk makes it blend into your body chemistry -- a good thing.

bivonic
03-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Going for the \"Gold\" tonight, got my samples today - Yip-Yip! I\'m going to spray below &amp; behind each of my ears after I apply some NPA, PCC, SOE &amp; WAGG. Will report back later.

Phantom
03-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Good luck /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

a.k.a.
03-18-2003, 07:25 PM
A couple of stupid questions:

Is the container the only difference between “Flask” and “Gold”?

Do you have to go to Oman to get the attars?

DrSmellThis
03-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Since you have to email them about the 2nd Q anyway, why not email both Q\'s?

EXIT63
03-19-2003, 05:00 PM
My samples are on the way....WOO.HOO!!!

Andy
03-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Ok .. I just grabbed a bottle of Amouage Gold. I must say ... I really don\'t like the scent, honestly .... but I am kinda addicted to it, I just can\'t stop smelling it, though I don\'t like the way it smells. It\'s not that hard that I wouldn\'t wear it, but it\'s nothing I\'d wear normally ... but this ... something is .. *sniff* .. just a sec. ... *sniff*.

I\'d say if it has half the effect on the opposite sex it\'s worth every (s)cent.

DrSmellThis
03-20-2003, 02:47 PM
That\'s the effect of the animal additives and precious flowers, especially the musk and jasmine. It could well be addictive, so watch out. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

It\'s different than the usual cologne smell, no doubt about it. More flowery, musky, and powdery. Not eveyone\'s cup of tea, for all occasions at least. It\'s pretty rich. But it\'s great for what it is, and you may find it growing on you.

I sometimes find, during the day especially, I don\'t want to smell that rich; so I opt for a simpler smell. I have an excellent Italian sandalwood cologne called Sandalo by Etro for those times. One strategy is to use more Sandalo and less Amouage, as they layer perfectly together. In fact the sandalwood cologne layers perfectly with all other colognes, since all of them contain sandalwood, and since it is such a basic smell.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-20-2003, 02:50 PM
What is it in sandalwood that smells like sex? Because it really does, especially after a couple of hours on. Jasmine does that, too. What\'s in it?

bsxs
03-20-2003, 03:02 PM
I had an incredible day. I don\'t feel like explaining it right now, but let\'s just say this.. MTV told me they would call me. Amouage Dia works magically.

DrSmellThis
03-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Sandalwood contains several testosterone related chemicals, reputedly including one that is very similar or identical to a pheromone released when a man gets an erection.

Jasmine has some narcotic-like compounds, and contains indole, which is in EW and gives poop it\'s characteristic smell. Yes we are, like other animals, all attracted to poop. So deal with it!

bundyburger
03-24-2003, 04:27 AM
&lt;&lt;Ok .. I just grabbed a bottle of Amouage Gold. I must say ... I really don\'t like the scent, honestly .... but I am kinda addicted to it, I just can\'t stop smelling it, though I don\'t like the way it smells. It\'s not that hard that I wouldn\'t wear it, but it\'s nothing I\'d wear normally ... but this ... something is .. *sniff* .. just a sec. ... *sniff*.&gt;&gt;

OMG! Me too! Apart from the not liking the scent bit (I don\'t have any prob with that)
I\'ve been continuously sniffing my wrist since putting it on hours ago. LOL /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

&lt;&lt;I\'d say if it has half the effect on the opposite sex it\'s worth every (s)cent. &gt;&gt;

Too right!.

BTW....my mother turned up not long after I applied it and she took a double take when I asked her what she thought of the scent of the male version. That\'s not like her at all. She REALLY liked it..........thanks MUM!! LOL /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

STUPID Silver version samplers came with two mens viles instead of one of each. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif
Kind of a good thing I spose if I like it, but I wanted to smell the female versions too.

MadDoctor
03-24-2003, 07:54 AM
Heh! Makes me feel better about my comparing the smell of androgens to cedar/sandalwood.

I had no idea that fragrances had been analyzed in such detail. Can you point me at good reference for further research?

Sexyredhead
03-24-2003, 08:34 AM
Well, I emailed Wendy this morning for samples. I wonder how long it\'ll take from the UK? This thread really has me intrigued.
Has anybody got an idea how much shipping costs, and didn\'t someone say the samples were complimentary?

ShyGuy
03-24-2003, 03:04 PM
I got my samples from Wendy a few days ago. They were complimentary, didn\'t even have to pay for international postage. The samples I got were Gold and Dia for men and women and silver cristal for men and women (I think... one of the silver cristal sample bottles is labelled gentlemen\'s EDT, the other is blank.) Great service!

BTW, Amouage smells good, but is a bit strong, but Dia is just great.

MOBLEYC57
03-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Hey! Can someone share the email address! /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif I wanna smell! I wanna smell! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

Briela
03-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Yes SRH, they are complementary. If you emailed her and included your snail-mail information, it will take a little over a week to receive the samples (gratis). If you didn\'t happen to include your address and were just inquiring about samples, she\'ll send you a response requesting your address so that she may send them out.

DrSmellThis
03-24-2003, 04:52 PM
The only hope is to get to know perfumers and people in the field. Most of them are extremely secretive (like Erox is). I know of no books. My knowledge was extremely difficult to get, and I had to arrange some meetings with a pro perfumer whose scents I had been purchasing for years. Many of them lie like a sack of [bad word] once you do talk to them. You can get sort of raw chemistry on various essential oils, I think even on the internet. You have to put info together yourself.

Yes. Cedar in fact contains a chemical anologous to one released by a man after he\'s had sex. Perfumers use it often.

Sexyredhead
03-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Oh, goody. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I sent the request complete with snail mail this morning.

Y\'all are such a great source of info!

mokes
03-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Wow... Gold /m is simply amazing... Thank you DrSmellThis for telling us all about Amouage.. Whenever I smell this on myself, I get a pretty strong feeling of euphoria – I guess that’s normal. ;P

**DONOTDELETE**
03-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Price a that sh!t make my head spin, too, yo, if you wanna call dat euphoria.

jokey joke

I\'m still waiting for my samples. Beginning to wonder if they mysteriously disappeared at the concierge desk in my building, as often do gifts of food. Hmmmm. If old Melvin the night clerk starts looking good to me, I\'m shaking him down.

DrSmellThis
03-25-2003, 05:04 AM
I\'ve been telling people what real musk does for a long time. Now folks know I wasn\'t exaggerating. Try putting it in your pits. You\'ll have to...ahem... leave home significantly less often. This all should be a real overall boost for phero users, which is why I couldn\'t keep it secret from my posse.

WARNING: This product will boost your overall pheros. You may need a period of adjustment to accomodate it. There is no hard and fast rule, as none is boosted but greater comfort levels are also achieved. Pheros enhance the muskiness of Amouage, to be sure.

Sexyredhead
03-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Mobley, take a look back in the thread, and you\'ll find what you need.
I think the addy is www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\"), and if you go to contact info, you\'ll find Wendy\'s email addy under the USA/Europe section. Email her for samples.

MOBLEYC57
03-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Tank ya vedy vuch Texxxy! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Sexyredhead
03-25-2003, 09:12 AM
kein problem. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

CptKipling
03-25-2003, 10:15 AM
I think that site is down, could someone PM me the email addy?

BassMan
03-25-2003, 10:23 AM
Wendy\'s addy is wendy@amouage.com (\"wendy@amouage.com\").

CptKipling
03-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Thanks BM

Woman
03-25-2003, 03:40 PM
I received my bottle of Amouage Gold for Women three hours ago. Sneaked off into the bedroom and sprayed two sprays. Wow! It\'s heavenly and very very rich. Waited about 20 minutes before coming out into living room where S/O was working on his taxes to give it a little time to not overwhelm him. He hates practically every cologne in the world!

I didn\'t mention anything, didn\'t approach him, but instead just went about doing my normal routine. I knew I was near enough he could smell the scent now and then. He kept stopping what he was doing and coming around me leaning in close and asking me if I\'d like to go out to dinner tonight instead of cooking and just being almost flirty. Then he tried to go back to his work and I went about my business but. . .he just finally blurted out \"I can\'t concentrate because I want to f--k you\". . .

He\'s an oversexed kind of guy anyway so it is not a clear indication of the effect of the perfume but my instincts tell me it is this time. He was hellbent and determined to get all his tax work done today and we\'d already played this morning.

He is napping now. . . and I am sharing this info with you guys before I get ready to go out to dinner!

I feel absolutely rich, wild and exotic in this scent.

Six hours ago I had put on 1 drop of NPA/w, dab of PI/w and a little bit of PCC along with a drenching of Burt\'s Bees Apricot Baby Oil (thanks Elana!) So there are \"mones\" enhancement happening here with the cologne I am sure.

DrSmellThis, thanks so much for the info. I have been searching for the \"one\" cologne for me. This is it.

Phantom
03-25-2003, 03:45 PM
\"went about my business but. . .he just finally blurted out \"I can\'t concentrate because I want to f--k you\". . .\"
-----------
lol, sounds like a hit /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

EXIT63
03-25-2003, 03:55 PM
WOMAN!!!

Where ya been babe?

Woman
03-25-2003, 06:43 PM
in bed with a kinky pervert. . .

**DONOTDELETE**
03-25-2003, 06:48 PM
My girl! That\'s my girl! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Woman
03-25-2003, 06:53 PM
We love you Renee!

bsxs
03-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Does Dia have the same effect as Gold? I have a bottle of Dia, I like the smell better but I\'m wondering if it is as effective in hits as Gold?

DrSmellThis
03-25-2003, 08:23 PM
I think there\'s a trade off there. Dia is still effective, is better for the day, and will generate hits; but the Gold is the heavyweight in terms of aphrodisiac power.

DrSmellThis
03-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Congrats on finding one you like! What a great hit story!

MadDoctor
03-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Which type(s) of natural musk have you found to be most effective? Any comments on the better synthetics? (R)-(-)-muscone, muscolides, galaxolides, etc?

DrSmellThis
03-26-2003, 12:54 AM
Deer musk is best, but there are other natural musks (goat, zdravets, etc) that all have their uses. Civet is great too. Ambergris is not technically a musk.

DrSmellThis
03-26-2003, 01:03 AM
Deer musk is best, but there are other natural musks (goat, zdravets, etc., which are less sweet and drier) that all have their uses. Civet is great too. Ambergris is not technically a musk but is wonderful when of decent quality.

All the synthetics have their place, but are woefully inadequate when isolated, in my opinion. Complex tends to be better, as a rule of thumb. The ones I like smell the nastiest, as a rule. Any of them are cool. There is one called animalis I like, which smells like nasty sweat. I\'d love to get some more of that. Ambrettolide is nice, but real ambrette seed is nicer. I have liked galaxolide in the past, but haven\'t used it in a while. Some I used to use I forget the names of. I need to smell a bunch of them again to bring my memory back. Muscone is a pretty basic one to have.
I like using some of the woody notes for a pleasant musky effect. If bruce had a perfumer\'s license, I\'d discuss bringing on board some pheromone analogues from perfumery. If any of you all have connections, PM me.

I just prefer real musk. That is what I use, as well as ambrette, costus, valerian, etc.

Why do you ask?

BassMan
03-26-2003, 09:49 AM
I found this article quite entertaining.

<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_52/b3713168.htm>http://www.businessweek.com/2000/00_52/b3713168.htm</a>

MadDoctor
03-26-2003, 12:28 PM
&gt; Why do you ask?

I\'m just too damned curious, and can\'t stop messing with things and trying to increase my understanding of them. I have some concern about the way wild civets are dealt with in Ethiopia, so would probably want to steer clear of civet (and ambergris, for similar reasons), but otherwise I\'m open to pretty much all possibilities. I don\'t see any reason to limit things to a couple dozen synthetic isolates, whether we\'re talking muscone or androstenol, so I also tinker with complex organics (e.g. copulins based on valerian extract and white vinegar rather than glacial acetic, valeric and isovaleric acids). It\'s a shotgun approach, and a lot of stuff in the blend is going to be inert, but nature\'s tendency to put synergistic combinations together makes me think that it\'s usually a good thing to try. Natural ingredients may also be cheaper and/or easier to get, as in the case of acetic acid vs. vinegar. Buying enough reagent-grade copulins to do tests with wipes out my hobby fund for the week, and leaves me with a litre or two of EW equivalent. How many lifetimes would it take for someone to use a litre of EW? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif So I have no problem with paying $1 for a litre of natural, 5% acetic acid instead of $19 and a two-week wait for 500 ml. of the pure stuff. It was going to get diluted anyway.

If you ever throw together a fragrance which you consider to be something special, in terms of combining natural pheromone-like substances and great smell, I\'d love to hear about it or even get some from you (since buying small quantities of some components is hard, I don\'t want to get a 55-gallon barrel!).

Some of the pheromone companies could use a little help in the fragrance department too, I spend more time trying to figure out how to cover up my scented pheromones than my unscented ones. I\'d take the smell of a little -nol over a cheap scented oil any day, but would be even happier with a great smelling pheromone cologne that had some natural helpers thrown in.

I didn\'t even know that perfumery required a license, but I\'ll be keeping my fingers crossed in the hopes that one will show up.

Watcher
03-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Here is my ideal mix
10% Anone
40% ANol
10% Arone
20% WAGG
10% A1
10% EW (400:1 water dilution)

Limited testing by myself has yielded sex last night at a party i went to, just got home thought id let everyone know how it went very well.

Briela
03-26-2003, 03:26 PM
To all the ladies following this thread, I received an email from Wendy this morning advertising the special below. It\'s not on the amouage website, so you\'d probably have to email her with a request to order the purse size. Sorry gentlemen, no specials on the male versions that I know of.... one more reason why it\'s so great to be a woooooman...W-O-M-A-N, I\'ll say it again. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

NEW for Spring 2003
Luxury Purse Sprays from the
House of Amouage
All the luxury and elegance of Amouage’s classic Gold and Dia fragrances will be available from March 2003 in convenient Purse Spray flacons. Now customers, throughout Europe and the USA, can indulge themselves in the richness and splendour of Amouage, anytime and anywhere.
These famous fragrances are richly presented in 24-carat gold and pink gold plated cylindrical bottles, designed to reflect the domed cap of the full size versions.
Amouage Purse Sprays are designed to represent convenience and modernity whilst retaining all the Arabian ultra luxury and splendour Amouage is renowned for.
The Amouage Purse Sprays for ladies are presented in the following variations
Amouage Gold Perfume 10ml £61.00
Amouage Gold EDT 10ml £35.00
Amouage Dia pour femme EDT 10ml £35.00
Should you wish to place an order or require any further assistance please contact us at the following
Tel: (0044) 01332 344264
Fax: (0044) 01332 344262
email: admineurope@amouage.com (\"admineurope@amouage.com\")
www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\")

DrSmellThis
03-26-2003, 06:15 PM
If you like natural copulins, try cumin oil sometime. Be warned, it\'s as strong as straight EW.

Basically what you\'re talking about is just perfumery.

A great copulin formula could be achieved combining cumin, ylang, rose, jasmine, coriander, valerian oil, clary sage, ambrette, cistus, honey oil, benzoin, and vetiver, using less of the stronger things. If you tell anyone, I\'ll have to shoot you, however. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

MadDoctor
03-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Ah, finally a plan for using those Madini essences...

Care to lay a male equivalent on us too? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif I have a lot of sandalwood and such which cost me dearly... black musk and gazelle musk from those Moroccan sufis...

&gt; Basically what you\'re talking about is just perfumery.
Well, sure. Pheromones, unlicensed perfumery (or should I say licentious perfumery?), what\'s the difference? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

bivonic
03-27-2003, 07:14 AM
I really like the scent of the Gold &amp; Dia, very very natural smelling.

Didn\'t get too many hits wearing them though, perhaps I need to apply them more liberally, but somehow I think I put enough on (spray on chest, 1 behind each ear &amp; 1 shared between wrists).

This stuff definitely grows on you, it\'s not a priority for me to pickup, maybe this summer when scents tend to travel more easily I\'ll revisit how much cash I can blow on it.

Going to have some girls I know try the women\'s versions tonight provided I don\'t have to work again until midnight (that\'s why I can post this AM, got the AM off).

ShyGuy
03-27-2003, 07:56 AM
Did you wear mones as well?

bivonic
03-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Yep, but the point I was making was even when I had women come right up to my neck to smell it, they were not overly impressed, they just said it smelled nice, even when I gave them the sales/marketing pitch of it being the most expensive perfume/cologne in the world &amp; some of the ingredients cost $3,000 a gram for a batch. Unless that set unrealistic expectations, either way, I have better luck with Angel/m &amp; Realm/m.

I\'ll probably pick up the Bel Amis by Hermes next.

DrSmellThis
03-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Young women typically expect to get hit immediately with an overly sweet, fresh, aromatic, perfect, artificial, smelling cologne, as are the more popular ones. The all-natural Amouage can be an acquired taste for them too. Think of MacDonalds versus gourmet food. The Big Mac might taste better at first, but you eventually learn which food is better.

That said, just because a perfume is great as a creation does not mean that you will like it the best, or like it on yourself.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-27-2003, 09:55 AM
It sounds to me like what it has going for it is naturalness and subtlety, which is perfect for intimate situations, but as DrST was saying, we\'re used to being hit over the head with a strong, identifiable (that\'s Curve! That\'s Boss! etc) scent.

So something that sneaks up on you may not impress at first.

But those are the scents that stay in your mind the most, somehow. I used to know this girl who had a small vial of patchouli she bought in Morocco and she would put one dab on her neck every day, no more no less. It drove me nearly crazy. That\'s the only girl I ever had a crush on, and a lot of it was that faintest whisper of good patchouli -- until she finally showed me the bottle, I could never quite figure out if that was just how she smelled, was it her soap, was it ... what??

That subtle whiff of something delicious is a huge tease.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-27-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanks, Bassman, that was good.

ShyGuy
03-28-2003, 02:09 AM
Does anyone know if Amouage Dia is strong enough to cover the more smellier mones (Like TE)?

DrSmellThis
04-02-2003, 06:11 AM
...thought I\'d bump up the original thread for newer folks wondering about the perfume; and so we can combine threads back into this one -- thus saving Bruce\'s forum from being taken over by multiple threads on an external product.

Please post here on Amouage.

Incidentally, shyguy, the Dia covers Edge quite well.

ShyGuy
04-02-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the answer. And thanks for pointing us to these great perfumes!

Andy
04-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Hmm .... you\'ve been right again Doc .. Amouage already grew on me ... and I really love it now /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif. I just applied to much to my chest area and got hammered close to unconciousness by the top and mid notes. You can spray it more liberate to the wrist\'s and/or neck area, which I suggest because it leaves a nice Amber/Musk scent as soon as the top levels fade (ok ok ... this takes some time in this case I know, but it\'s worth to wait).
I gave my neck a good spray one morning and in the evening I had my GF sitting behind me while watching a movie. She rested her chin from behind on my shoulder and started to \"eat\" my neck ... and something else afterwards. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Ok, I know, this is nothing sooo unusual, but she wanted to see this movie for weeks, this isn\'t often the case, but once she gets so fixed on a movie ... nothing .. nothing is able to distract her, besides burning her hair with a torch maybe (didn\'t try that).

I had applied 2 drops P10 1:2 solution about the same time in the morning, I don\'t think they still had an effect (about 15h later).

Charisma
05-01-2003, 05:57 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Jackpot:

$30 Amouage sample set 8 samples
Women\'s: Gold , Silver Cristal, Dia, Ubar
Men\'s: Gold, Silver Cristal, Silver Cologne, Dia

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Excellent! Thanks bivonic, I ordered the set instantly

dcrew2000
01-10-2004, 11:55 PM
After reading about Amouage I ran to my local store bought the Gold $165 as a XMAS present to myself.
The smell is

pretty impressive, I had a blind date so I put on 3 sprays to chest, stomach and back. I also put a dab of PI on my

shirt on off I went. My date finally showed up and to make a long story short as been calling me everyday since. We

have a movie date tonight needless to say Amouge will be applied with a little PI on my clothes for good

measure.

Now I\'m not saying that Amouage had any affect on my situation, I have been dating for years with

success but I do feel that the scenes of smell can work to your advantage if you have the right mix of Cologne.

As for mones I have been using them for almost a year with no conclusive results but I am not a

quitter.

I\'ll keep you posted on my observations if any.

adepss
01-11-2004, 03:12 AM
Wow!

this certainly looks like a very impressive product!
not only does it contain the finest ingredients available on

Earth but the bottles are pieces of art!
Seems like the ideal Present or confidence booster for oneself

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I\'m definitely gonna get me some of this fine cologne someday

soon! thanks to Dr.smellthis for a great link and info.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EXIT63
01-11-2004, 04:52 AM
Bumping for newbies.

Go to www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\")

Email Wendy and she will

send you FREE SAMPLES!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EXIT63
01-11-2004, 05:12 AM
Personally I think both Ciel and Dia smell better than Gold. But Gold has more pheros. Right Doc?

franki
01-11-2004, 05:15 AM
Personally I think both Ciel and Dia smell better

than Gold. But Gold has more pheros. Right Doc?

They

definitely smell better, and more importantly they are good for day-to-day use.. Gold is so strong it is sort of a

perfume bomb only for special occasions.

bjf
01-11-2004, 08:00 AM
In china

they killed a ton of civet cats due to fear of sars...... ironic when all that perfectly good civet went to waste.

Kari
01-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Well, I emailed Wendy this morning for samples. I

wonder how long it\'ll take from the UK? This thread really has me intrigued.
&lt;br&gt;Has anybody got an idea

how much shipping costs, and didn\'t someone say the samples were complimentary?
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

You can get samples of Amouage, and several of their other fragrances form

their site, as well. They offer a package of six, or so, for 425, and ship immediately. I got mine a few months ago.

Holmes
01-11-2004, 08:15 AM
They

have no more Ciel samples, though.

And they also have no bananas.

Holmes

DrSmellThis
01-11-2004, 09:15 AM
...I personally like the Gold, but only for fine evening wear. I think you need a few years on you (like me

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)to fully appreciate it, and get away with wearing it. Sophisticated

-- for kings, not boy toys. I do think it has more pheros (natural animal products) than the others mentioned, which

are lighter and better for day wear. Still, the others pack a punch for the ladies too.

...Yes, a terrible waste

of civet, as there was absolutely no risk to consumers of perfume. I guess there are other ways for the disease to

spread, so they felt they had to destroy the animals.

CJ01
01-11-2004, 10:36 AM
You can get samples of Amouage, and several of

their other fragrances form their site, as well. They offer a package of six, or so, for 425, and ship immediately.

I got mine a few months ago.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\"> kari, I can´t find any info on this

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Friendly1
01-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Every time I have gone in to buy the Amouage Gold, they have been out of it. But I have had fantastic results with

the Amouage Dia. Women just absolutely love the scent. And I enjoy it, too.

dcrew2000
01-11-2004, 12:26 PM
I

made my request before Xmas, nothing yet Wendy said that the samples were shipped out awhile back.
I live in the

US, any word on the lenght of time for delivery to the states?

DC

CJ01
01-11-2004, 01:54 PM
UK to the

US takes 5-6 days on average

Holmes
01-11-2004, 01:58 PM
For

me, it fell somwhere in the vicinity of 50 years. And no Ciel sample.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Holmes

Sexyredhead
01-11-2004, 03:10 PM
UK to the US takes 5-6 days on average

<hr

So you live in the UK, or the US?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CJ01
01-12-2004, 06:21 AM
SRH,

that´s just something you know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It also takes that long from the

UK to the continent, believe it or not and from the continent to the US

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
01-12-2004, 06:34 AM
SRH, that´s just something you know It also takes

that long from the UK to the continent, believe it or not and from the continent to the US

<hr

That\'s some fancy footwork there, Ms. CJ.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

culturalblonde
01-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Khunja for women by Designer Shaik

http://shaik.net/html_site/h_home.html (\"http://shaik.net/html_site/h_home.html\")

dcrew2000
01-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Hi

again, well my date was going to be a little late so I decided to grab a quick bite at Hooters (I’m no idiot) before

the movie.
Hooters had a nice selection of young waitresses that night.
The one that waited on me was a young

blond hottie.
Well to make a long story short after taking my order she came back and started to talk with me for a

long while about traveling and so on.

Now I’m not going to say that this is a hit because it is the job of a

waitress to engage the customer to make them feel comfortable in spending more cash therefore a bigger tip.
I must

admit I picked Hooters for a reason to see if my Amouge and deer musk mix would have any affect on a unsuspected

waitress.

It was getting late and I had to leave so off I went.
Well let me cut to the chase and say that my

date at one point asked me if I felt she was attractive. It was a cold night so as we walked to the theater she

took my arm for a little body heat. After awhile she put her head on my shoulder and snuggled close.

In

conclusion I am going to continue with the Armouage and a little Cronk’s deer musk for good measure. I am thinking

of purchasing something for day wear like Ciel, Dia or possibly Silver. More time needed for any real

conclusion.

DC

rocky
01-15-2004, 12:43 PM
I\'m

quite interested in getting some Amouage Gold, if the budget can stretch to it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. However, it would be something I\'d reserve for special

occasisions, so I guess it could last me a couple of years. I had heard that essential oils have a \'lifespan\'

of a year or so - I don\'t know if this is nonsense, or what happens to them after this time. So would it be wise

to use the Amouage Gold up quite quickly, or would it be just as good after a couple of years?

DrSmellThis
01-15-2004, 02:26 PM
iT WON\'T GO BAD. dON\'T WORRY.

sean
01-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Just

e-mailed for some samples. Can\'t wait until I get them.

dcrew2000
01-15-2004, 09:28 PM
I

put all my colonges in my dresser draw away from sunlight or lamp lights. I had some CK stuff go bad on me awhile

back.

CptKipling
01-16-2004, 04:22 PM
They say (ok, the guys at bassnotes.com) the best place to keep them is a cool dry place, preferably in their box.

DefconX3
01-17-2004, 02:21 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
Jackpot:
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;$30 Amouage sample set 8

samples (\"http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage.html\")
&lt;br&gt;Women\'s: Gold , Silver Cristal, Dia, Ubar
&lt;br&gt;Men\'s: Gold, Silver Cristal,

Silver Cologne, Dia

I cant seem to find it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Can someone

help me?

sean
01-18-2004, 09:29 AM
I

couldn\'t find it either...

CJ01
01-18-2004, 12:42 PM
thanks

for the link /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dcrew2000
01-18-2004, 12:49 PM
I

have added Silver to my collection (got it at half price).
In my opinion Silver smell similar to Gold.
Does anyone

else have the same opinion?

HornyMan
01-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Doc

I have ordered the dia and gold for men after reading your posts. I can\'t wait for them to arrive.

I

also use PI, and SOE. I am 34, a minimal conversationalist, and tend to project the lone wolf image not because

I\'m a clint eastwood but rather because I am shy. I have few friends, and when I converse it usually doesn\'t

go beyond a sentence or two. (With either sex).

I have found SOE a good mood enhancer and makes me talk more.

However I feel like \"one of the girls\" when I wear it. This is why I ordered primal. Primal alone accentuates

my lone wolf shy introverted self, although it makes me feel more studly, and alpha amomgst other men.

I think I

need to combine Primal and SOE for my personality, age, etc. Will Amouage mix well with the scent? If not how

should I mix it? Please be specific as to how much of the mones I can use.

Friendly1
01-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Friend, if you go around acting horny, I doubt any combination of pheromones will help you.

That\'s just my

opinion.

xvs
01-25-2004, 04:21 AM
You need

to train yourself to talk.

Practice talking to people you don\'t know or care about, like someone in line at

the checkout stand in the supermarket. Just small talk like \"oh, is that ____ good?\" etc.

I don\'t know

where else you go, but anywhere there are people you could talk with them to get into practice.

It helps to

start with people you don\'t even want to know That makes it less stressful because you don\'t care how they

respond really, except as an indication of what you\'re doing wrong or right (with things you say, tones of voice,

etc).

Then progress slowly to people you actually might want to talk to for a minute or two, and so forth.

I

taught myself while waiting for subway trains in NYC. I figured -- if you can get people to talk to you there, you

can talk to them anywhere!

It takes years to get really good at it, so don\'t give up quickly. But it CAN

work. I can talk to just about anyone now, and (with pheros) I almost never get a bad reaction!

By the way, I

think you should try WAGG. It makes lone wolf types seem much more safe and cuddly. And you do want to get some

cuddling, don\'t you?

EXIT63
01-25-2004, 04:34 AM
WAGG

OCP
01-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Friend, if you go around acting horny, I doubt any

combination of pheromones will help you.

That\'s just my opinion.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Yep, The prey will just run the other way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bjf
02-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Here\'s a

January Sale email I got, never noticed it but just saw it when checking my email. Not sure if anyone can take

advantage of it at thi point, sorry:

I would like to personally wish you a very Happy New Year and I sincerely

hope that it brings you everything that you are hoping for.

As a thank you for your continued loyalty I wanted

to advise you that we are currently participating in the Harrods January Sale by offering a selection of our lines

for sale at a 50% discount, unfortunately these offers are exclusive to Harrods and are NOT available through our

own website.

Should you wish to take advantage of this discount you will need to contact either Nemesia

Esterhuyse or Raymond Wong, both Amouage Sales Consultants on Tel; 0044 (0) 207 730 1234 ext: 3009. They would both

be delighted to serve you, please be aware that this offer is for a limited time only and is only applicable to

specfic lines of which the available quantities are restricted. All orders will be fulfilled on a first come first

served basis.

Once again Happy New Year and I look forward to being of assistance to you again in the near

future.

=============================================
Wendy Hewitson
European Sales Manager
Amouage Europe

Ltd
\'the most valuable perfume in the world\'

Rosehill Business Centre
Normanton Road
Derby DE23

6RH
UK

Tel; (0044) 01332 344264
Fax; (0044) 01332 344262

email;

wendy@amouage.com (\"wendy@amouage.com\")
MSN messenger;

wendy290668@hotmail.com (\"wendy290668@hotmail.com\")
web;

www.amouage.com (\"http://www.amouage.com\")

HornyMan
02-02-2004, 01:15 PM
What is the

effects of amourage dia and gold on the person WEARING it? Please be specific. I\'m not talking about how others

react to it.

Friendly1
02-02-2004, 02:08 PM
I like the

Amouage Dia. I don\'t notice any effect other than that I enjoy the aroma.

Elana
02-02-2004, 02:15 PM
What is the effects of amourage dia and gold on the

person WEARING it? Please be specific. I\'m not talking about how others react to it.

<hr

You will think that you smell nice. Is that specific enough?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CptKipling
02-02-2004, 02:20 PM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
What is the effects of amourage dia and gold on the person WEARING it? Please

be specific. I\'m not talking about how others react to it.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

You will think that you smell nice. Is that specific enough?

Exactly what

I was gona say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Elana
02-02-2004, 02:31 PM
</font><blockquote><font

What is the

effects of amourage dia and gold on the person WEARING it? Please be specific. I\'m not talking about how others

react to it.

You will think that you smell nice. Is that

specific enough? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Exactly what I was gona say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
02-02-2004, 02:34 PM
You mean besides the

hives and the intermittent-yet-merciless bouts of dysentery? Nothing, really.

However, you may grow

fangs.

Holmes

Elana
02-02-2004, 02:57 PM
You mean besides the hives and the

intermittent-yet-merciless bouts of dysentery? Nothing, really.

However, you may grow fangs.

Holmes

Ok, but can you be more specific, Holmes?

HornyMan
02-02-2004, 05:04 PM
DST mentioned that

amouage contains Deer musk, and civet which has the effects of making blood rush to the genitals. Clearly, there

are effects of this perfume greater that you will \"smell nice\"

Anyone using it care to describe their

reactions on THEMSELVES?

Elana
02-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Anyone using it care to describe their reactions

on THEMSELVES?

I think that all of the old timers have used it,

including myself. It just smells really nice. That\'s it.

Sexyredhead
02-02-2004, 05:19 PM
I got a

headache when I wore Gold. Too heavy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Friendly1
02-02-2004, 05:53 PM
DST mentioned that amouage contains Deer musk, and

civet which has the effects of making blood rush to the genitals. Clearly, there are effects of this perfume

greater that you will \"smell nice\"

Anyone using it care to describe their reactions on THEMSELVES?

I haven\'t noticed any Viagra-like effects from the stuff. Of

course, I am speaking figuratively, as I don\'t yet feel compelled to try Viagra.

EXIT63
02-03-2004, 03:40 AM
You\'ll go blind.

CptKipling
02-03-2004, 10:25 AM
DST mentioned that amouage contains Deer musk, and

civet which has the effects of making blood rush to the genitals. Clearly, there are effects of this perfume

greater that you will \"smell nice\"

Anyone using it care to describe their reactions on

THEMSELVES?

YOU FEEL THAT YOU SMELL NICE.

You like

the smell of yourself.

You think you smell good.

You might think to yourself, \"Hey, I smell pretty

good.\"

Your internal dialogue may go something like, \"Hmmm, me smell good.\"

Often, you will

catch the faint wisp of a pleasant fragrance emanating from your application point.

(I\'m done)

Holmes
02-03-2004, 12:23 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Af*ckingmen.

Holmes

Mtnjim
02-03-2004, 12:36 PM
You forgot one very

important effect!

Your wallet gets thiner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dcrew2000
02-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Smells great,

that\'s the only affect that comes to mind.
Has anyone tried gold and silver, to me the smell very similar?

HornyMan
02-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Is

the gold and dia best applied directly to your skin, or to your clothes? Or is a mix of both the best? For the

pheromones in the Gold to work does it have to be absorbed in your skin?

Numanoid
02-08-2004, 07:00 AM
I

don\'t know which is better but I treat it like any other cologne and apply to the skin.

DrSmellThis
02-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Perfumers recommend one spray to the chest and a small spray to each side of the neck. I\'ve not always been good

at following their advice, but it makes sense. They wouldn\'t have to be absorbed, but would smell more natural

sprayed on your bod, IMO.

DCW
02-13-2004, 08:47 PM
I had a

blind date with a German lady (39 yrs), so I decided to try Amouage Silver with 3 daps of Cronk\'s Deer Musk

(Apple), 2 drops OF AE and 1 drop of PI.
Well to make a long story short she was kinda shy at first but really

opened up in conversation.
At the end of the date she kinda mentioned if I was doing anything tomorrow

(Valentines Day), like an idiot I said no eventhough I probably have a commitment with another date

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif that I met using a similar mix.

DCW aka dcrew2000

markus
02-13-2004, 08:56 PM
hey

DCW,
are you from Germany?
did you order the samples from the amouage site?
how long did it take to get to

you?
i ordered already two weeks ago, and didnt get anything yet.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

btw, nice to hear that it worked so good for you. dont let

yourself get confused in the names from all the dates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DCW
02-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Hey, No

I\'m living in the good old USA, I know what u mean about the samples I orderd some in December but they never

came. I sent Wendy a second e-mail and got the Ciel and Dia sample.
I\'m hoping to buy Dia in the future for now

I balance Gold and Silver for dates.

DCW

markus
02-13-2004, 09:10 PM
thanks.
i might send a second email too.

franki
02-13-2004, 09:34 PM
hey DCW,
are you from Germany?
did you order the

samples from the amouage site?
how long did it take to get to you?
i ordered already two weeks ago, and didnt get

anything yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

I got them in one week after requesting (in Germany). :-)

markus
02-14-2004, 07:28 PM
</font><blockquote><font

hey DCW,
are you from Germany?
did you order the samples from the amouage

site?
how long did it take to get to you?
i ordered already two weeks ago, and didnt get anything yet.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I got them in

one week after requesting (in Germany). :-)

well, you were

probably still not unmoderated back then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

who did you talk to

there? was that wendy or another Frau. I sent an email to wendy but someone else answered me, can\'t remember her

name. i will send her another email.

franki
02-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Wendy

answered my email I believe. :-) (but it was almost a year ago, so I am not 100% sure)

happyguy
02-28-2004, 08:07 AM
*Sigh. I asked in January, but still havn\'t received Amouage samples. Does it usually take forever to get it in

WA, USA?

Round 1
Requested: January 12, 2004 I gave my address and everything.
Reply: \"I am delighted to

learn of your interest in our range of fragrances and will arrange for a complimentary set of fragrance samples to

be sent to you shortly.\"

Round 2
Asking about how long shipping would take: February 08, 2004
Reply: \"A

full set of samples were sent to you the next day, as it seems they have not reached you I will arrange for another

set to be despatched.\"

Round 3
Nothing yet still: February 20, 2004
Reply: 20 Feb 2004 \"Ok we will try

once more and this time send them by AIRSURE, please let me know in due course of their safe arrival\"

Now,

AIRSURE sounds pretty reliable. We\'ll see if I get it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

franki
02-28-2004, 08:16 AM
*Sigh. I asked in January, but still havn\'t

received Amouage samples. Does it usually take forever to get it in WA, USA?

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Washington State is almost at the end of the world isn\'t it?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OCP
02-28-2004, 08:54 AM
I had to

make two request. I got my samples the second time, but the package had been opened at customs. I suspect my first

package was \"lost\" in customs.

DST, The Gold colonge smells alot like incense. Real stong.

dcrew2000
02-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I

went through the same thing you might have to call Wendy direct in jolly old England.
I say screw the samples just

jump in and buy, you won\'t be disappointed.
Amouage is in a league by itself.

dcrew2000

Numanoid
02-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Chances are you will like Amouage but I can understand someone not just jumping in...$100+ a bottle, is a lot to

spend on a fragrance you\'ve never smelled. Late or not the samples are FREE.
I had no problems with recieving

my samples. It took a few weeks for the first pair (Gold and Dia) to arrive, then about a week later I got two more.

The second pair I didn\'t even request.

DrSmellThis
02-28-2004, 04:01 PM
I had to make two request. I got my samples the

second time, but the package had been opened at customs. I suspect my first package was \"lost\" in

customs.

DST, The Gold colonge smells alot like incense. Real stong.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">Yes it\'s very rich and strong, so not much is needed. It does mellow out quite a bit after 1/2

hour, moreso than other colognes even. Things \"smell like incense\" usually because they contain unfamiliar,

richer fragrances that people don\'t know how to categorize.

It\'s good with a unique product like

Amouage (my own scents are this way too)to first let go of your expectations that it will smell like other colognes

you know (most commercial colognes out there suck anyway, IMHO, due to the domination of synthetic ingredients)! Let

it grow on you before concluding anything. I had to try it 3x before I realized how much I liked it. Often the

finest things to enjoy are acquired tastes, especially in areas where big corporations have constructed our tastes

for us. For the uninitiated, wine coolers are easier to like than Dom Perrignon (sp?). Then again, I drink Bud and

Pabst. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As a perfumer, I know I want to smell different that

anyone else, so I think a little bit of \"weird\" when you first smell something is often a good sign.

OCP
02-28-2004, 07:31 PM
</font><blockquote><font

I had to make two request. I got my samples the second time, but the package

had been opened at customs. I suspect my first package was \"lost\" in customs.

DST, The Gold colonge smells

alot like incense. Real stong.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">Yes it\'s very rich and strong, so

not much is needed. It does mellow out quite a bit after 1/2 hour, moreso than other colognes even. Things \"smell

like incense\" usually because they contain unfamiliar, richer fragrances that people don\'t know how to

categorize.

It\'s good with a unique product like Amouage (my own scents are this way too)to first let go of

your expectations that it will smell like other colognes you know (most commercial colognes out there suck anyway,

IMHO, due to the domination of synthetic ingredients)! Let it grow on you before concluding anything. I had to try

it 3x before I realized how much I liked it. Often the finest things to enjoy are acquired tastes, especially in

areas where big corporations have constructed our tastes for us. For the uninitiated, wine coolers are easier to

like than Dom Perrignon (sp?). Then again, I drink Bud and Pabst.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As a perfumer, I know I want to smell different that anyone

else, so I think a little bit of \"weird\" when you first smell something is often a good sign.

<hr

It is definately different. I am out of town this week so I can not play

with it until next Friday, but I will try it out. If I like it I will get some and use it for special occasions.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DCW
04-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Last

night was Latin night at one of the local clubs.
I was torn between using Pheros or Amouage.
I decided to go with

Amouage Gold but instead of my usual \"panty dropper\" mix that I use on blind dates, I decided to go with 5 drops

of AE on (under shirt) 1 drop of PI (shoulder) 2 drops WAGG (under shirt).
Well to make a long story short I was

at the bar dancing (by myself) when this girls came by.
She asked me why I was dancing by myself so I told her I

was warming up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
After a few dances we went out to the balcony

where things got very interesting.
We were talking when I noticed that she started to get real close, she then

started sniffing me. I went something like this \"you smell so good\" snif snif \"what are you wearing \" snif

snif snif \"I never smelled anything like it\" snif snif snif this went on for the remainder of the night.
We

started flirting that progressed to kissing, she seemed very intrigued yet somewhat confused by me at one point she

tried to recover but the attraction was too strong.
We ended up at her place later that night and bang bitty bang

bang bang bang.

Amouage came through once again the AE/PI and Wagg may have been a factor as well.

I never

ever got a response like I did yesterday, it was like she was in a trance.

I\'m going to try a little at work

next week in the name of science /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

DCW

PHP 87
04-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Tell

me more about this \"panty dropper\" mix. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

happyguy
04-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Round 3
Nothing yet still: February 20, 2004

Reply: 20 Feb 2004 \"Ok we will try once more and this time send them by AIRSURE, please let me know in due

course of their safe arrival\"

Yep, it appears that the last

AIRSURE shipment just arrived today! They finally made it here in WA at the end of the world :P. They smell pretty

good, gonna try some out soon. Haha, wow, if anyone else is waiting remember to be patient. Mine took about 7 weeks

to get!!

Sacogoo
04-09-2004, 09:21 PM
DCW

writes:
Well to make a long story short I was at

the bar dancing (by myself) when this girls came by.
She asked me why I was dancing by myself so I told her I was

warming up.

And that works? What little section of the alternate

universe do you live in? \'Cause it\'s been my experience to watch guys \"dancing\" by themselves at the bar

that they will be begging the strays at closing time to go for a pancake at the IHOP or whatever. You must have

come across the killer pheromone/cologne combo of the new century. I, in fact, envy your ability to hook up via the

Billy Idol (Dancing with myself) technique. It is a rare gift indeed.

dcrew2000
04-09-2004, 11:19 PM
DCW writes:
</font><blockquote><font

Well to make a long story short I was at the bar dancing (by myself) when

this girls came by.
She asked me why I was dancing by myself so I told her I was warming up.

<hr

And that works? What little section of the alternate universe do you

live in? \'Cause it\'s been my experience to watch guys \"dancing\" by themselves at the bar that they will

be begging the strays at closing time to go for a pancake at the IHOP or whatever. You must have come across the

killer pheromone/cologne combo of the new century. I, in fact, envy your ability to hook up via the Billy Idol

(Dancing with myself) technique. It is a rare gift indeed.

You

have to keep in mind that It was \"Latin Night\".
I was actually going over some steps that I took in Salsa

lessons a few years back.
What you have is a bunch of chicks looking for guys to dance with (salsa, meringue,

bachata).
If you ever tried dancing Salsa, you\'ll find that it\'s not the easiest thing to do especially with

chicks that grew up with it, if you can’t hold your own on the dance floor they will leave you flat.
Now lets

factor in the 4 to 1 girl/guy ratio so now you have a bunch of chick looking for dance partner of which maybe 70%

(guys) can actually dance the Latin rhythms.
Me dancing by myself had two goals.
One I really was practicing my

steps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Two I was showing the female prospect that I wasn’t a

complete novice, chick will actually ask you to dance if they feel you can keep up (yes it does happen) and sure

enough there she was.
The most fascinating part was the fact that she was sniffing me like a airport security dog

on the balcony you had to see it to believe it.
A great night overall Amouage has done it again with possible help

from AE/ WAGG/PI.

dcrew2000 aka DCW

Sagacious1420
04-10-2004, 01:46 AM
dcrew-

You have to remember that Gooy is a bitter 30something..soon to be divorcee...so pay him no mind.

He\'ll bag on you no matter what, because it makes him feel better about himself. He\'s cold and bitter right

now...he\'ll either get over it or continue to post the same old sh!t. So show a bit of sympathy for him. Some

day he\'ll get his sh!t together or not. It\'s not your problem...but his.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pico
04-10-2004, 06:24 AM
AE + PI

+ WAGG is a great combo! Stick in a dab or two of NPA and that\'s the best IMHO.

Sacogoo
04-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Saggy writes:
He\'ll bag on you no matter

what, because it makes him feel better about himself.

Now

you\'ve gone and done it. You\'ve cut me to the quick. Actually, I\'ll bag on you just because, rather than

having it fill some psychological need. It\'s just me.

</font><blockquote><font

He\'s cold and bitter right now...

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Bitter? Hell, I haven\'t slept this good in ten years. No, more like liberated.

Some day he\'ll get his sh!t together or not.

Speaking of getting ones act together, I\'ve been waiting for

some unemployment line phero hit stories from you.

By the way, what\'s up with the multiple posts this

morning? Ah, I see. It\'s Saturday, the junior high school is closed and you can\'t go cruising for dates.

CptKipling
04-10-2004, 10:57 AM
What a cheery thread

dcrew2000
04-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Tell me more about this \"panty dropper\" mix.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The \"panty

dropper\" mix used on \"blind dates\" are is 5 sprays of Amouage Gold or Siver to chest, both wrists, neck and

back. 1 drop PI to left shoulder breast, area 2 drops of NPA applied to chest breast area and I believe 1 drops of

AE behind each ears.

I modified it for clubbing using 5 drops of AE on under shirt 2 drops WAGG on undershirt 1

drop Pi on shoulder.

Oh I forgot to mention I no longer use commercial deodorants, I have been using the \"Randy

Pants\" mix in the Woman\'s Forum.

Good luck let me know the results if any.

dcrew2000 aka DCW

DrSmellThis
04-10-2004, 12:21 PM
...Oh I forgot to mention I no longer use

commercial deodorants, I have been using the \"Randy Pants\" mix in the Woman\'s Forum.

<hr

...a victory for Stankians everywhere!

BTW, It sure does seem like PI

and Lacroy are a great combo, as most of you know. For a long time now the best hit stories have included it.

dcrew2000
04-10-2004, 03:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font

...Oh I forgot to mention I no longer use commercial deodorants, I have been

using the \"Randy Pants\" mix in the Woman\'s Forum.

...a victory

for Stankians everywhere!

BTW, It sure does seem like PI and Lacroy are a great combo, as most of you know. For

a long time now the best hit stories have included it.

I\'m

too lazy to look it up, what is Lacroy ? NPA? WAGG?

franki
04-10-2004, 03:59 PM
</font><blockquote><font

...Oh I

forgot to mention I no longer use commercial deodorants, I have been using the \"Randy Pants\" mix in the

Woman\'s Forum.

BTW, It

sure does seem like PI and Lacroy are a great combo, as most of you know. For a long time now the best hit stories

have included it.

I\'m too lazy to look it up, what is Lacroy

? NPA? WAGG?

It\'s all part of a secret language.

(lizard

language) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dcrew2000
04-10-2004, 04:06 PM
</font><blockquote><font

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
...Oh I forgot to mention I no longer use

commercial deodorants, I have been using the \"Randy Pants\" mix in the Woman\'s Forum.

<hr

BTW, It sure does seem like PI

and Lacroy are a great combo, as most of you know. For a long time now the best hit stories have included it.

I\'m too lazy to look it up, what is Lacroy ? NPA? WAGG?

(lizard language)

Too late I found

the answer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

olioli
04-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Hi,
I\'ve been reading this thread and have wanted to buy this product, just to clarify, the product that you

are recomending is amouage gold for men, and not amouage gold cologne correct?

Also, this may sound naive, but to

attract women you\'re using amouage gold for ladies or men? Any input would be great.
Thanks

Holmes
04-10-2004, 08:49 PM

(lizard

language) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And

you need a forked tongue to speak it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes

dcrew2000
04-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Hi,
I\'ve been reading this thread and have

wanted to buy this product, just to clarify, the product that you are recomending is amouage gold for men, and not

amouage gold cologne correct?

Also, this may sound naive, but to attract women you\'re using amouage gold for

ladies or men? Any input would be great.
Thanks

I use both

Amouage Gold (Eau de Toilette) and the Silver (Colongne) for MEN. They both smell kinda silimar to me and get the

job done.

I am thinking of getting the Dia in a few months, some guys here in the fourm like it better that the

Gold EDT.

dcrew2000

Friendly1
04-11-2004, 09:49 PM
I

went into the store to buy the Amouage Gold last year and they were out, but they had the Dia, so I bought that.

Have never looked back since.

bjf
09-01-2004, 07:13 AM
Got this email today from Wendy. I

think Gold and Dia are on sale:

I would just like to take this opportunity of emailing you to inform you that

the special offer at our online boutique http://www.amouage.com/ has now changed and we have two

products available for sale at an amazing discount for our internet customers only. Please be advised that these

prices are only applicable to our online purchases and will not be available on the high street. Stocks of these

items are extremely limited and all orders will be served on a first come first served basis only.

Secondly

we have added a few alternative presentations of our boxed samples for your convenience. These sets are a stunning

presentation of our fragrances whether you require the full range, ladies only or gents only there is a set for

you.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this email, and I look forward to being of service to you again

shortly

Kindest regards
Wendy

Wendy Hewitson
European Sales Manager

Amouage

Europe Ltd
Rosehill Business Centre
Normanton Road
Derby DE23 6RH
U K

DCW
09-01-2004, 09:57 AM
I'll say it again "NOTHING" can beat

this stuff.
I used it two weeks ago on a blind date and got some action the same day.
Thats 3 for 4 if anyone

is keeping score, added 2 drops of SOE she was sniffing me like a police dog.
I used it last week with and old

friend and she started to joke asking me if I was available for booty calls.
I have a date with a Vietnamese girl

on Saturday and you can bet your life that I will be wearing Amouage in my panty dropper mix.

DCW

Holmes
09-01-2004, 10:00 AM
I'll say it again

"NOTHING" can beat this stuff.
I used it two weeks ago on a blind date and got some action the same day.
Thats

3 for 4 if anyone is keeping score, added 2 drops of SOE she was sniffing me like a police dog.
I used it last

week with and old friend and she started to joke asking me if I was available for booty calls.
I have a date with

a Vietnamese girl on Saturday and you can bet your life that I will be wearing Amouage in my panty dropper

mix.

Which one are you using?

camusflage
09-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Got this email today

from Wendy. I think Gold and Dia are on sale:
You are correct. Gold and Dia are on sale. 90 Eu for the

ladies purse sizes and 282 Eu for the ladies 50ml bottles. Sadly, I don't see anything for us guys.

On a

related note, I did manage to score a 10 ml decant for Silver Cristal for some $10 a few months back. The stuff is

like heaven in a bottle, to my nose. I didn't care for Gold, but then, I'm a 30 year old. I have class and

sophistication coming out the butt when I need it, but even I can't pull that one off at my age. ;)

DCW
09-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Which one are you

using?

The box said Silver Men, but I have a feeling it was Gold EDT because it smells very similiar

to the Gold that I already have. It was a new tester that I bought at half price so there was no lable

markings.

DCW

Have_Courage
11-29-2004, 10:26 AM
##########

Friendly1
11-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Looks like more American

perfumeries are now offering Amouage products.

http://www.amouage.com/englishweb/amouage/us_canada

.htm (http://www.amouage.com/englishweb/amouage/us_canada.htm)

lordcrazyd
11-29-2004, 12:30 PM
anyone have any idea where to

find this product on some website. I tried the perfumehouse they want 205 !! thats crazy. I want to make a christmas

gift to myself. Anyone have any hot spots for this.

Have_Courage
11-29-2004, 12:36 PM
##########

Fuse
11-29-2004, 02:41 PM
anyone have any

idea where to find this product on some website. I tried the perfumehouse they want 205 !! thats crazy. I want to

make a christmas gift to myself. Anyone have any hot spots for this.

I'm not so sure. I searched

for hours looking for a cheaper price for the Dia version. I couldn't find it for less than $205. I ended up buying

it from www.parfumsraffy.com for $215. Got it in the mail today, and I must say the scent is absolutely

godlike. This is going to be a real attention getter from the ladies :)

Friendly1
11-29-2004, 03:05 PM
I have read

from post#1 till here. IMHO, Pheros by DST and Amouage are both outstanding scents. As appreciating scents is an

acquired taste, I'm not so sure if I will ever wear it in S.E. Asia. People here don't seem to appreciate complex

scents as they're probably not used to the limited exposure as opposed to those heavily advertised scents. I will

try to get the samples for my own collection though. It's pricey but worth it.

Have_Courage
I think

Amouage Dia would be welcomed even in Southeast Asia.

phersurf
11-29-2004, 03:33 PM
So, I'm getting ready to break

down and buy some Amouage this week (probably tonight if I can get out of work early enough to make it to Parfums

Raffy before they close).

My last question is do I get Dia or Gold? I like the smell of Dia better, but if

women like Gold better I should probably get that. Gold is too soapy and powdery for my taste, but I'm not buying

it for me but for women (and I'm not expecting any life changing experience).

DrSmellThis
11-29-2004, 03:36 PM
You know, honestly, I might like

the woman's gold the best on me. So I'd just try them all and pick the one you like on yourself, but also

solicit feedback from others.

DCW
11-29-2004, 03:50 PM
I think you'll like Dia better,

that's my next purchase.

DCW

bjf
11-29-2004, 03:54 PM
People generally favor DIA. Gold may

have more pheromone analogs in it. Tough choice.