PDA

View Full Version : The World's Greatest Perfume

Pages : 1 [2]

Fuse
11-29-2004, 03:56 PM
I may buy the Gold after I get my

samples in the mail. Dia will blow you away. It's definitly the most sophisticated and enchanting fragrance that's

ever graced my nostrils. I'm certain the ladies are going to love it. I bought this exclusively for parties and for

social events where I'm going to be around a lot of girls. But I'm going to test it out at work tommorow. Thanks

for introducing this to us, Doc.

bjf
11-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Amouage recently sent out a press

release which mentioned how it has become a hot topic on internet forums. All do to Doc. The man got his gold

nabbed from his car and doesn't even have it anymore, but he certainly started a revolution.

kryptogram
11-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Dia has become my daily staple

and I am constantly getting comments about the fragrance. If you can spring for the expense - it's definitely

worth it.

Fuse
11-30-2004, 01:45 AM
Krypto.... How many sprays do you use

and where do you apply?

kryptogram
11-30-2004, 06:32 AM
2-3 sprays. One on the

wrists rubbed together; one on the chest and/or the neck. It tends to linger a long time - although I have freshened

it (one short spray) after a long day of work.

BTW - for those looking to buy, the salesperson remarked that the

GOLD lasts longer. It has a much fuller/heavier scent.

Friendly1
11-30-2004, 08:59 AM
BTW - for

those looking to buy, the salesperson remarked that the GOLD lasts longer. It has a much fuller/heavier

scent.
Interesting. I can still smell the Dia when I get into the shower the next day, so Dia (at my

usual 4-6 sprays) lasts at least 24 hours on me. And it seems to spread itself around. I have been told a number

of times that my baby niece smells like me whenever I wear the Dia.

phersurf
11-30-2004, 09:33 AM
I went to Parfums Raffy and

sprayed Dia on one wrist and Gold on the other. Hours later the Gold didn't loose any of it's strength but the Dia

was somewhat diminished.

I was actually trying to get the Gold off (because I like Dia better) with a paper

towel and water and it still didn't seem to lessen.

bjf
11-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Gold has heavier notes, more basenotes.

That is the reason why it appeals to less people I guess. Dia is lighter. I think young women - and men - much

favor the dia.

There's never much talk about the silver or the ciel or the others. I'd like to hear more

about those.

phersurf
11-30-2004, 10:08 AM
I smelled Ciel, and while it was

good, it was not as memorable or as unique as Gold or Dia.

kryptogram
11-30-2004, 10:09 AM
There's never much

talk about the silver or the ciel or the others. I'd like to hear more about those.
My samples we'll be

arriving in a couple of days - so I'll report back then -

kryptogram
11-30-2004, 10:10 AM
I have been

told a number of times that my baby niece smells like me whenever I wear the Dia.
My wife said something

similar the first time I wore it - but it has definitely grown on her.

Friendly1
11-30-2004, 10:37 AM
I didn't mean to imply I

thought the Dia would last as long as or longer than the Gold. I just meant to point out that Dia lasts a very long

time. I can imagine Gold would be a very strong scent on the basis of the comparison.

There's never

much talk about the silver or the ciel or the others. I'd like to hear more about those.
Well, a young

sales girl at Etoile in Houston kept trying to get me to buy the Ciel this year, but I stayed with Dia because I do

like it better and because Ciel reminded me of Creed, which I already have.

TheViking
11-30-2004, 11:03 AM
This sure has been an

interesting read :) ...I see many people from the forum here have sent for and received samples. Did any of you ever

pay for your samples or did you all get them for free? even no shipping costs?

On the

www.amouage.com site I see the samples cost from 18 to 25 Euro.. I will not be buying the fragrance this

year, because with such a high price I would have to add 24% norwegain taxes to it.. which would make it even more

expensive :frustrate If I've understood it correct the Australian customs aren't as bad as in Norway, so I will

consider buying it when I get down under, but until then it would be great to get a sample and see if it really is

to my liking.. I really don't have much experience with perfumes and my nose isn't really good, but I do love the

smell of Chikara :thumbsup:

Anyways, did everyone get the samples for free and is there some way to still

get them for free, or is my best shot to order the samples at 18 Euro? (if so I will wait till I get to Australia

and don't have to pay extra taxes on it..)

:run:

DCW
11-30-2004, 11:05 AM
I didn't mean to

imply I thought the Dia would last as long as or longer than the Gold. I just meant to point out that Dia lasts a

very long time. I can imagine Gold would be a very strong scent on the basis of the comparison.

Well,

a young sales girl at Etoile in Houston kept trying to get me to buy the Ciel this year, but I stayed with Dia

because I do like it better and because Ciel reminded me of Creed, which I already have.

I shop at

the same store, I was there last week and the shelves looked more bare than usual.

In a few weeks the entire

city is going to smell like a flower shop :frustrate.

DCW

DCW
11-30-2004, 11:07 AM
This sure has been an

interesting read :) ...I see many people from the forum here have sent for and received samples. Did any of you ever

pay for your samples or did you all get them for free? even no shipping costs?

On the

www.amouage.com site I see the samples cost from 18 to 25 Euro.. I will not be buying the fragrance this

year, because with such a high price I would have to add 24% norwegain taxes to it.. which would make it even more

expensive :frustrate If I've understood it correct the Australian customs aren't as bad as in Norway, so I will

consider buying it when I get down under, but until then it would be great to get a sample and see if it really is

to my liking.. I really don't have much experience with perfumes and my nose isn't really good, but I do love the

smell of Chikara :thumbsup:

Anyways, did everyone get the samples for free and is there some way to still

get them for free, or is my best shot to order the samples at 18 Euro? (if so I will wait till I get to Australia

and don't have to pay extra taxes on it..)

:run:

They stopped shipping free supplies

because of the demand.
At least that's what I'm lead to believe.

DCW

TheViking
11-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Oki

Guess I'll wait

till I travel then, and if possible I'll get to the shop in london and smell it :) (i've got 9 hours waiting on

the airport or something).

phersurf
12-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Last night I went to buy Dia and

Parfums Raffy is out of it until Monday. The owner was nice enough to give me a sample sprayer of Gold.

I've

got to say, I just don't like it. I can't believe that I like Dia so much and dislike Gold.

I've had a few

women smell at work today and so far they don't seem to o impressed.

DrSmellThis
12-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Often when you love a smell it

will also smell good on you to others -- and the converse also holds (No, I'm not talking about the smell of shoes.

;)).

I really wanted to like the Dia, but didn't as much. Yet if anything, Dia is a greater achievement in

perfuming because of the special rose in it. The Gold is just more musky, and would technically have more animal

pheromonal content. The women's Gold might smell best on me. :o

sito
12-01-2004, 05:24 PM
I just saw this thread and now I'm

tempted to buy a bottle of this stuff. Which one is the best to get? Gold or Dia?

What is this stuff

comparable to?

Silver
12-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Since you guys seem to all have

the mens and womens samples, I wanted to ask you, esp. you DST, which of the women's fragrances do you prefer on

women?

I'm having a hard time deciding between Gold and Dia. I like the gold, but it's a little powdery.

Some people have said they liked it a LOT, some not overly impressed, and so forth. I smelled the dia, and I liked

it, but I haven't worn it out yet.

Please give me your opinions on this, I definitely want to buy one.

Thanks guys,
~Silver

einstein
12-12-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the

amouge women's scents. They smell good, but they all remind me of the old ladies at church. They wouldn't fit on

a young sexy girl.

bjf
12-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Have you tried Eau D'Amouage? I liked

that.

Silver
12-12-2004, 10:12 PM
No, but it's in my samples pack,

so I will. From the pyramid of notes, I didn't think I'd like it as much since it's pretty fruity. You liked it

better than both Gold and Dia for women?~Silver

bjf
12-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Yea, I did. I didn't get the best

whiff of gold smelling it from the bottle (I will not use one of my precious remaining spritzes up for you), but

agreed with einstein's assesment. As for the dia it was better, but I felt that I liked eau better than

that.

There is also ciel, which I didn't get the best whiff of as well, but it isn't a year round thing,

more of a spring thing.

Tell me what you think of eau.

Silver
12-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Well if you haven't used it yet

you're probably not going to need it, right?;)

Lol, tell me what you think when you do use gold, I very much

believe in being unable to smell it properly out of the bottle. And I'll definitely let you know when I smell Eau

and wear Eau and Dia.

~Silver

bjf
12-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Ok. What made you want to order

amouage in the first place?

CptKipling
12-13-2004, 09:11 AM
I actually quite liked the

men's ciel, but I don't remember the womens version.

phersurf
12-13-2004, 09:51 AM
As I stated before, I wore Gold to

work one day and asked about 25-30 women of different ages and cultures if they liked it. Most did not (only about 5

or 6 liked it). Most of the possitive responses were from women from India.

The most typical response from

the women that didn't like it is that it's too powdery for a man, not very masculine.

I know this was an

unscientific survey, but itwas enough for me.

DrSmellThis
12-13-2004, 03:00 PM
The only way to know is to try

them both. I like rich fragrances like the Gold, but that's just me. The Dia is just as good, if not a greater

accomplishment, perfuming wise.

bottomfisher
12-13-2004, 03:09 PM
I prefer Gold, then Ciel,

then Silver. I don't like Dia, a little too much of a solvent smell.

I bought the Men's Sample of 4, and it

is a good deal, for $25 at the amourage site.

Friendly1
12-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Well, I'll stick with the Dia.

It mesmerizes women, and that's good enough for me.

DCW
12-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Your body chemistry might also be a

factor. I like all the scents but if your not sure buy the men's samples from the Amouage website.

I did a

post earlier this year about a hit I got wearing gold and 3 mones at a night club interesting

reading.

DCW

Silver
12-13-2004, 10:15 PM
DST I quite like the gold

myself...I find the richness very sophisticated and complex, so different from the fruity sweet attack that most

girls my age wear. I'm just wondering what most guys, especially younger ones, prefer on women.

bjf, well,

this thread mostly got me interested. It's really very impressive data and testimonies. I looked at the note

pyramid and it seems like the type I usually like the most...floral/woody and complex.

Plus, being able to say I

use the most valuable perfume in the world doesn't hurt.;) It's all about the glamour, hit it up babe.

~Silver

blackdream71
12-21-2004, 09:33 AM
very interesting thread, i

just contacted Amouage for some samples and they said they will send them out shortly, can't wait! :)

bottomfisher
12-21-2004, 08:15 PM
Just finished testing all the

Men's Amouage test vials and after comparing them to the normal men's colognes, like Very Sexy, Eternity, etc.. I

got to say that the Amourage samples are the best, Gold for night, Ciel, Dia, and Silver for daytime. They do not

have the alcohol smell of the normal men's colognes... they are the best... but right now out of my budget range.

eric_pelletier_tw
01-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Well ppl. you got me

fuzzed up! i sent a e-mail at wendy & i'm realy anctious to test it! Maybe with a be of TE gel ? Hope it dose'nt

take 7 weeks to get here !(please please please! Get here before my birthday!) i did'nt specify whitch one i was

interested in hope it dose'nt cause any prob.franky id like to test all the males stuff & maybe some female

stuff.

Man you ppl are hooked on parfumes 4-6 sprays thats a awful lot!
------------------
added: still

testing :) for TE reactions think it will be a good mix ?

bronzie
01-02-2005, 05:39 AM
I went looking for this perfume on

the net, and the cheapest place I found it was on ebay australia, does anyone know of a cheaper outlet?

here

the stuff at a shop is so expensive

belgareth
01-02-2005, 05:44 AM
These people have pretty decent

prices. Haven't checked for what you want but they are worth a

look.
http://www.perfumeemporium.co

m (http://www.perfumeemporium.com/)

bronzie
01-02-2005, 06:24 AM
belgareth, thnx, but i cant seem

to find Amouage on this site, its not listed? is it listen under another name

joaks1977
01-02-2005, 07:28 AM
I just ordered a sample pack

(which cost $25 with shipping). En route I also have some Chikra gels. Anyone have a comment on if these can be used

together considering they are both scented? I have yet to smell either. I have plenty of unscented -mones to use if

needed.
________
Thinkmill (http://thinkmill.com/)

belgareth
01-02-2005, 08:05 AM
belgareth, thnx,

but i cant seem to find Amouage on this site, its not listed? is it listen under another name
I don't

know. My experience with perfume sites is very limited but have had good experiences buying gifts from there. There

are a couple other sites I found while looking for certain things for my girlfriend. Will look them up and posts the

links later.

Friendly1
01-02-2005, 10:12 AM
belgareth, thnx,

but i cant seem to find Amouage on this site, its not listed? is it listen under another name
I seriously

doubt you'll find Amouage products at an Internet discounter (unless they are stolen or something). Amouage is

expanding its distribution base across the United States. Presumably, it's expanding in other countries, too.

Eventually, anyone with $200 will be able to buy it and then those of us who want to be unique will have to move

on and find something else that is rare and hard to find.

bjf
01-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Have people noticed a difference in the

number of hits they get between the different fragrances of the amouage line?

Fatal
01-02-2005, 07:53 PM
So is wendy still sending out

samples? I am very interested. What seems to be most liked by younger females, teens and early twenties on 17-18

males?

bjf
01-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Amouage DIA.

Fatal
01-02-2005, 08:00 PM
:thumbsup: Thank you.

eric_pelletier_tw
01-04-2005, 11:36 AM
i guess i they figured

they could make money with us they are now charging for samples 25e for the 8pc pack ... got this email from wendy

:

I am delighted to learn of your interest in our

range of fragrances and invite you to visit our website at

www.amouage.com (http://www.amouage.com) where you can place your order through

our secure server.

Wishing you a Happy New

Year

Wendy Hewitson
European Sales Manager
so guess i'll have to wait to get the

budget ... any of you guys got the FRee stuff ?

Mungojerry
01-04-2005, 12:02 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

phersurf
01-04-2005, 12:45 PM
SInce I've been wearing Amouage

and Creed I can't even wear my other fragrences.

I have some pretty good ones like, Keneth Cole Black,

Givenchy Blue Label, Cartier Pasha.

But Amouage and Creed are so conplex but still amazingly well balanced,

it's trully impressive.

I usually wear my more standard scents to work, but on the occasion I wear Amouage

or Creed I get a compliment. I actually overheard a couple of women from our marketing department saying how

incredibal I smell (on a non-pheromone day):)

bjf
01-04-2005, 12:53 PM
which amouage and which creed do you

wear?

phersurf
01-04-2005, 06:09 PM
I wear Dia, which I get the most

compliments on. The most recent was "exquisite".

The Creed I have is Imperial. It also has elicited some

compliments.

I wish Amouage made a smaller size of their fragrences like Creed does, it would allow us to own

more than one scent.

DCW
01-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I kinda like the Vetiver by Creed the

old style..not sure about Green Irish though.

DCW

Mungojerry
01-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Ok, i've just recieved my

samples. I haven't tried them on yet, but my impressions just from sniffing the bottles are...

Gold smells

like perfume that someone of more advanced age than myself would wear!

Dia smells lighter and fresher. I think

i'll try this one first.

Ceil also smells light and fresh.

Silver smells a bit too old for me too.

None of them strike me as amazing, but I'll try them out none the less.

Mungojerry
01-08-2005, 04:54 PM
In the end I decided to try

Gold instead without any additional 'mones.

One of my male house mates said it smelt ok when asked, a female

house mate said it was ok but my Coolwater and Issey were better. Anyway, you always get funny results when you ask

people what things smell like, or I do at least! So I decided just to wear it around people and see what they said.

The first comment came from a male friend of mine whilst we were going to buy a pizza! HE said I smelt like

pampers, which i'm guessing has something to do with the babypowder smell!

Nobody else commented, but after

watching a DVD with this friend and three other girls, I noticed that the girlies hang around in my room way after

the film had finished. Im not intersted in any of them but it was a little unexpected that they stayed. Still, this

could have easily have happened if I was wearing nothing, so it would be going overboard a little to attribute this

to the Amourage.

Fuse
01-09-2005, 01:17 AM
While wearing Dia to work, I've had

girls sniff the air near me and say "Are you wearing cologne?" with strage looks on their faces. I wear cologne

almost everyday, so this struck me as odd. The only other product that I get continuously complimented on is A*Men

(which is an amazing scent for a low price.)

Mungojerry
01-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Wore Amourage Gold today

again... to Burger King! :rofl:

A classy joint for a classy scent.

Anyway, I went along with five girls,

and one guy. I enjoyed a delightful Bacon-Double Cheeseburger Meal with Coke and Large Onion Rings.

And.....

Nothing.

No remarks about my scent, and nothing resembling a hit, in fact I could even say I was getting

slightly less attention than normal.

Maybe i'll try it with 'mones.

bjf
01-09-2005, 05:45 PM
don't expect reactions any more

obvious than you get with your own natural mones or sweat.

Friendly1
01-09-2005, 10:49 PM
A fast food place like Burger is

loaded with scents from hot grease to old food. I doubt girls would want to do much sniffing in a place like

that.

Mungojerry
01-10-2005, 04:13 AM
I was just testing to see how

it worked on its own. I decided to try this as DrSmellThis said...

I would pick Amouage, no question,

over any pheromone. For one thing, the animal fixatives have hundreds of pheromones already in them.
I

didn't expect a big reaction, but it was worth checking if it gave hits on its own. I know Burger King wasn't

exactly the greatest testing ground for the world's most valuable perfume, but I wanted to try it out as soon as I

could!

bjf
01-10-2005, 07:06 AM
DST has a holistic approach to moning,

btw, trying to get a complete profile. This is what amouage GOLD and Pheros is good for, because so few synthetic

mones are available of the total makeup of pheromones that exist.

However, any natural substance with

pheromones and pheromone analogs will not have them in high concentrations like the products we buy, which is

basically a carrier and the mone molecules themselves. Thus, you will llikely not get the visible reactions that

such products draw, and rather, will get the reactions that you get from your own natural mones and

sweat.

That is not to say that they don't work - we know our own natural mones have an affect on people but

we usually can't tell, nor can they usually even tell. Natural perfumes, especially those containing animal

products which are rich with pheromones (just know that this statement doesn't necessarily relate to

concentration), are great for complementing the heavy mone dosages we apply on ourselves of specific

synthetic pheromone products.

joaks1977
01-16-2005, 06:16 AM
Just got my samples, anyone have

comments on the scent of using Chikra and the Ciel

together?
________
ONE VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/one-vaporizer.html)

Icehawk
01-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Ohh yeah small tip, the GOld

carries a large amount of natural musks but most youngins dont like the smell and end up with Dia. Try mixing both

at 1:1 or 2:1 Gold to Dia. You get the natural pheros of Gold with the Dia smell.

DCW
01-31-2005, 10:24 PM
I think a few dabs of Pheros or AE goes

well with either Dia or Gold.
I'm going to try the AE on the undershirt method.

DCW

Fatal
02-03-2005, 09:34 PM
So what -mones work the best with

Dia? AE, Chikara, NPA, etc?

I just got my samples today, and was not that greatly impressed at first. Gold

seems really powdery. Tommorow I think I'm going to wear NPA and Dia. Maybe a drop of AE on my wrists to cover up

the NPA. Suggestions? Thinking 2 sprays of Dia, then a one mid day.

soap
02-07-2005, 01:29 PM
DrSmellThis, which Amouage ladies

fragrance would you say is the best in terms of -mone content (with respect to the ingredients you quoted in your

first post on this perfume) i.e. is it ladies Amouage Gold, Ciel ladies, Dia ladies, Esprit D'Amouage or Eau

D'Amouage ?:blink:

Also, I checked the Amouage website and in their 'Ingredients Map' page they don't list

anything about civet or deer musk. Do the ladies Amouage fragrances contain these ingredients ? if so, which ones,

and are these particular ingredients designed to attract men or women ?

DrSmellThis
02-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I'd estimate the Gold has the

highest analog -mone content of the Amouage line. They won't always discuss the ingredients, as is the case with

most perfumeries.

DrSmellThis
02-07-2005, 01:49 PM
DST has a holistic

approach to moning, btw, trying to get a complete profile. This is what amouage GOLD and Pheros is good for, because

so few synthetic mones are available of the total makeup of pheromones that exist.

However, any natural

substance with pheromones and pheromone analogs will not have them in high concentrations like the products we buy,

which is basically a carrier and the mone molecules themselves. Thus, you will llikely not get the visible reactions

that such products draw, and rather, will get the reactions that you get from your own natural mones and sweat.

That is not to say that they don't work - we know our own natural mones have an affect on people but we usually

can't tell, nor can they usually even tell. Natural perfumes, especially those containing animal products which are

rich with pheromones (just know that this statement doesn't necessarily relate to concentration), are great for

complementing the heavy mone dosages we apply on ourselves of specific synthetic pheromone

products.* Thanks, bjf. I agree with most of what you say, except that the levels of analog -mones in the

new Pheros seem quite high enough to make an impact on their own. If you want to test this, open up a bottle

and smell deeply (of course, I am not recommending 'huffing' it.). Smell it for a while. You should notice a

change in mood and physical feelings pretty quickly. You can demonstrate it with your friends too. This is not to

say that you'd prefer to wear Pheros by itself without synthetic pheromones (although I often do exactly

this on my anti-buildup 'off days', as it is 'OD safe'.).

* And in all fairness to Amouage, I don't think

wearing it once around a bunch of kids in Burger King is a fair test. Try it at a cocktail party with a bunch of

divorced women, a symphony, a classy bar, or a ballroom dance. Plus, Amouage has to be 'your style', and won't

have the best perfume for every person. What I said, with implications, was that I'd prefer it over any single

synthetic pheromone used alone, such as PI -- assuming it works for you as a scent.

bjf
02-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Doc, I haven't tried the new Pheros,

only have the old, so I can't form an opinion on your claims, but I hope to be able to do so some day.

Icehawk
02-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I disliked the smell of Gold as

its 2 powdery, but mixed with Dia, is does smell way better and every now and then I catch that none like smell

coming from it. Im pretty sure its gold cause i didnt catch is when wearing dia only. Just taht got me great hits so

Pheros is next on the list. Does anybody know how many bottles are left???? Should I just stock up?:)

DCW
02-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Amouage is tops, but hey don't

overlook Creed I'm starting to gain a lot of respect for it.

DCW

phersurf
02-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Amouage is tops, but

hey don't overlook Creed I'm starting to gain a lot of respect for it.

DCW

I totally

agree!

I have Dia which I love, but I also have Creed Imperial.

Imperial is an awsome daytime scent.

It's fresh but it also has a lot of well balanced complexity that puts it in a similar class as Amouage. And the

nice thing about Creed is they have smaller sizes of their scents, so you don't have to spend $200 to get a world

class scent!

LiteMeUP
02-08-2005, 10:12 AM
have you guys tried REALM. I

personally love the smell and the way it makes me feel.

Numanoid
02-08-2005, 02:25 PM
I tried Realm, but I didn't

like the scent so I eventually stopped wearing it. It had no effect on me at all or others around me...at least

nothing obvious.

ohmmmm
02-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I tried Realm as well. Went

through half a bottle and that is a lot. Did not do one thing for me. When I tried pharomones, however, I did

notice a reaction in many cases. I also did not like the way Realm smelled after the basic scent wore off....it had

that musky body odor smell. While I did not get any compliments from Realm, I have gotten compliments for AE.

Fatal
10-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Did the

formulas for Amouage perfumes & colognes recently change?:

"The musk, civet and ambergris used in our fragrances are all entirely

synthetic. There are no banned or restricted natural substances used in any Amouage product." (Amouage web

site)

OK, so can somebody set the record straight about this? Were old versions

synthetic as well, or did they change something? And would it affect any of the special properties?

I just bought

dia and should be getting it in the mail any day now. We'll see how it goes.

bjf
10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I think Amouage did set the record

straight, unless they are lying.

DCW
12-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Just when I was seriously thinking of

adding Ciel to my collection.
Something

new. (http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouagearcus.html)

DCW

real_wiseman
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Strange, cant find this on the

Amouage website at all...

The ad say "Exclusively at Parfums Raffy" but I would assume that Amouage

themselves would show it on their site.

DCW
12-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Strange, cant find

this on the Amouage website at all...

The ad say "Exclusively at Parfums Raffy" but I would assume that

Amouage themselves would show it on their site.

No, apparently it is not being released til March of

DCW

oscar
12-08-2005, 03:04 PM
This article (http://www.timesofoman.com/newsdetails.asp?newsid=21340) showed up in the October 30, 2005

issue of the Times of Oman (online).

It looks like "Arcus" is just the first of a whole new line of men's

products coming from Amouage.

Oscar :)

DCW
12-21-2005, 07:21 AM
I got a sample of Arcus yesterday and

personally I was disappointed.
Don't get me wrong it smells ok but it's not a standout like Gold, Ciel or

Dia.
It's not worth the price tag; in fact it will probably remind you of some other mainstream fragrance of a

lesser price.

DCW

TylerOC
12-21-2005, 08:12 PM
i just sent an email to wendy

requesting a sample, but before that i stupidly ordered a sample of 5 of their colognes from another website for 30

dollars because i couldnt find wendys email

bosshank
12-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Is wendy's email still

wendy<at>amouage.com? and have you heard back from her?

TylerOC
12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
yes thats still her email, and i

just heard back she said she would send me the male samples

bosshank
12-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks. I love the smell of this

stuff.

Love Rascal
01-18-2006, 12:31 AM
It is almost purely natural, if not absolutely so, and contains all the finest and

rarest substances of perfuming, including the finest and rarest silver frankincense, myrrh, rock rose, jasmine,

patchouli, sandalwood, peach, and lily of the valley. It contains real civet, ambergris, and deer musk

(the ancient, mystical aphrodisiac combination), and the finest versions of these! The animal fixatives give the

perfume incredible lasting power.

Did the formulas for Amouage perfumes &

colognes recently change?:
"The musk, civet

and ambergris used in our fragrances are all entirely synthetic. There are no banned or restricted natural

substances used in any Amouage product." (Amouage web site)

Can DrSmellThis

comment on this? Since he was the original poster?
I was interested in Amouage Gold until I saw this - did they

change to synthetics or are they still truely using real animal fixatives like musk and just covering their ass?

Seems unlikely...
Still seems weird for them to be using synthetic ambergris - when as far as I can tell their is

no international restrictions on the import and export of Ambergris - especially when it is certified “flotte” -

from floating.

real_wiseman
01-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Where did you see this?
I

check the Amouage site and cant find it.

oscar
01-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Amouage.com > Perfumery Heritage >

Complexity of Creation.

real_wiseman
01-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah,
I see it now.
Thats

strange, I think that they boasted some years ago that only had natural ingredients.

I actually still have

some Gold samples left (I got them before they started to charge for them and helped Wendy with a virus problem as

well, which prompted her to send me more samples as a thank you...I even got a Christmas card one year...) and the

musk in there doesnt seem to be artificial muscone, but I may be wrong.

IMHO Gold is not my type of scent

anyway and the musk scent reminds me somewhat of urine...

silksand
01-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I think they just made the switch

away from animal ingredients about 1 to 2 years ago, based on when their public statement changed.

phersurf
01-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I've been really getting into

fragrences lately (thanks to Basenotes.com, well my bank account isn't exactly thankful).

I once thought

that Amouage was the best (I still think its great), but now I've discovered L'Artisan, Lorenzo Villaresi, Porfumi

De Firenze, Bond Number 9, Etro and others which are in the same class as Amouage

idesign
06-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow...this

thread is over 2 years old.

Now its over 5 years old and still good reading. As usual DrSmellThis

provides interesting and worthwhile discussions. The thread is quite long, but has a host of good info if you have

an hour to browse it.

Thanks bivonic for posting the link.

I've been wearing Amouage "Gold" and "Dia" for a

few months now. Gold really is quite remarkable, and I don't know of another scent like it (two understatements).

Dia is dryer and less intoxicatingly rich.

If you're under 40, you might get away with Dia, but probably not

Gold.

Gold is a masculine floral scent, like Doc said in his opening post, and it opens so brightly on the skin

at first application that even the shiniest 25 yr old blonde smile is dim in comparison. But don't be fooled by

the first 5 seconds, it takes about that long for dozens of seamlessly blended ingredients to start messing with

you. On those nights when I plan to wear it, I feel good just thinking about spraying it on.

The drydown lasts

forever, and changes ever so subtly from bright, to rich to sultry. Its incredible how the rose works with the musk

and even softens the animalic civet in its powdery way. Make no mistake, this is a deep and sexy damned

fragrance.

It smells like your wife wants you to smell walking along the shore on an August night after a lobster

dinner with strains of Miles Davis drifting from the beach-house just ahead. Even better if that's the house where

you're staying. ;)

Other than Gold and Dia, I've tried Ciel and Jubilation (their newest). Not much to

report. Ciel is brash, and I'd rather wear pure Oud than Jubilation, maybe with a dab of Sandawood or

Musk.

There are other truly great fragrances, and as Doc said, what's best for you may be different. From a

perfumery point of view though, Amouage Gold is a high standard against which other compositions can be rated.

Other fragrances want to be something completely different, to achieve different goals. Many of those are great in

their own right.

A light summer daytime everyday fragrance I'm really enjoying these days is Hermes Eau

d'Orange Verte. Works great over SoE and C7.

bivonic
06-11-2008, 06:44 AM
I have tried the samples, very

nice scent.

After doing more research at basenotes, I ended up

getting:

Millésime Impérial
by Creed (http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121101.html)

idesign
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
I like that one a lot bivonic, I

only wish it had more staying power.

Basenotes is an invaluable

resource.

http://www.basenotes.net/

davidskch
06-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Where is a good online place

to buy Amouage Gold for a good price?

DCW
06-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Where is a

good online place to buy Amouage Gold for a good price?

I got a good tax refund and decided to buy

Reflection with some of the proceeds.

I'm pretty impressed with the smell, my advice to anyone considering

buying Gold is to get the sample kit first and compare some of the other scents first.

Reflection in my

opion is a better option and ranks up there with Dia.

DCW

idesign
06-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Wholeheartedly agree with DCW,

try some samples first. You have to live with a scent for a while before springing the big bucks on something like

Amouage. I've bought very few scents "blind".

davidskch, you just have to look around the net to find a deal,

if you can even find one. Even on ebay Gold goes for US$200 or better. Try a search and look around a LOT before

you buy ANY fragrance.

chan
07-10-2008, 07:47 PM
My first post

since reading this forum for less than 2 months!

I recently bought a sample kit of Amouage and Gold smells the

best. Women's Gold smells like baby powder, but nice too!

You can get it from:

http://www.classyperfumes.com/