PDA

View Full Version : Forum editorial policy?

MadDoctor
02-26-2003, 04:30 PM
These forums are a really great aspect of this site! Just wanted to say that right off. :-)

My question is this -- sometimes I see threads disappear, or posts get deleted, and usually I can understand why, as they\'re off-topic or don\'t really contribute anything... but other times I find their disappearance a bit mystifying. Are there any guidelines around to tell us what is appreciated on the boards and what isn\'t?

Bruce
02-27-2003, 07:44 AM
About the only mysterious rule is posting URLs to websites that sell pheromone products. Normally, if there is some other redeming material in the message, I will try to edit out the part that is directing folks to the competing site. Otherwise, I will just delete the entire thread. Yesterday, I got a little carried away and deleted a long thread. Long story. Normally, I don\'t do that.

Other than that, it is just the usual stuff, flaming, racist remarks etc etc.

Bruce

nonscents
03-24-2003, 11:00 AM
I think Bruce deleted my perverted color blindness link. I apologize if any damage was done.

Watcher
03-25-2003, 09:03 PM
I missed that one, well i guess he has his reasons. Although he very rarley does delete links.

Bruce
03-26-2003, 07:25 AM
That same link was posted a few months back. I took the \"test\" back then about 10 PM and nearly barfed on my computer.
Bruce