PDA

View Full Version : should I take this supplement?

xephaoma
02-26-2003, 04:16 PM
Should I take this supplement called high power Andro/Trib/DHEA from http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/atd.html (\"http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/atd.html\") everyday. The amount per capsule is Androstenedione: 50mg, Tribulus Terrestris: 625mg, and DHEA: 50mg. I do work out like 3 times a week, 1 hour each. Does it have any side effect? I\'m a 24yrs male. Thanks

Whitehall
02-26-2003, 04:34 PM
No - avoid this one.

The androstenedione and the DHEA will convert to estrogens and you\'ll get bitch tits.

bivonic
02-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Yeah at age 24, the 50mg from DHEA is way too much, I think you could be like 75 y.o. & this would still be too much. I could be wrong, but at age 24 you probably do not need ANY DHEA, wait until you are 30+

xephaoma
02-26-2003, 08:15 PM
then should I take Tribulus alone? Does Tribulus have the same effect as DHEA?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-27-2003, 09:53 AM
listen to whitehall- any product containing androstenedione is pretty much junk. It will lead to lower t levels, higher e levels causing water retention, the possibility of your testes shrinking, hair loss, and the growth of boobs. If you want to try a prohormone product pickup 1-AD by ergopharm.

Nutt
03-08-2003, 12:43 AM
agreed, I also don\'t think trib is worth it as a muscle gainer. if you want to have fun in bed go ahead but don\'t expect a lot else unless you\'ve used something that supresses test.

MAL224610
03-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Androstenedione is not pretty much junk....as with any kind of chemical, if you know what it does(not the marketing hype) it can be very useful.....and just so you know 1-AD also lowers T levels and can result in testicular shrinkage, hair loss as well...1-AD is 1-test precursor...1-test and 1-ad are 5-alpha reduced....the only thing it can not cause is gyno....all prohormones have side effects, however knowing them allows you to make precautionary measures....such as timing doses so that you do not get side effects(i.e. match the circadian rhythym)

druid
03-08-2003, 03:14 PM
i know ZMA is not a prohormone or anything but I love this stuff. I mean it is great. I am not sore for nearly as long after working out. And my di_k is constantly hard (even though I had not problem with erections before.) I love ZMA. I use the twinlab version of it.