02-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Fingernails! I\'ve got \'em!

Jello every day
Selenium
Biotin
L-Cysteine
MSM
Nutra-Vitta

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 04:15 PM
Great! Do you usually have a problem with your nails?

I have to cut mine once a week. Lots of water, lots of protein and veggies, vitamins.
My nails used to peel a lot, but when I started eating more protein and drinking more water, that stopped. Now I have to cut them to keep them short enough, and they\'re strong!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 04:29 PM
My nails suck. I have my mother\'s same exact hands and fingernails. My dad\'s nails were like horn. My mother\'s are slightly ridged, flake like mica, break if you look at them. I have to work hard to have any kind of nails at all. Have always eaten a high protein diet. It looks like maybe it was not so much the protein as the B vitamins and amino acids.

The other thing is, I bought dishwashing liquid at the health food store and it\'s gentler. And works fine.

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 06:51 PM
I don\'t wash dishes anymore. God has provided me with a dishwasher. Come to think of it, I did have flakier nails when I washed dishes. OTOH, I\'m in dirt a lot and therefore wash my hands a lot. I do take prenatal vitamins though, so you\'re probably right about the B vitamins. I like the extra B\'s in the prenatals, and it\'s cheaper than taking a regular PLUS taking a B supplement.

Great job on getting them to look great! I know they can be a toughie.

A different nail question. Have you noticed that people who have bitten their nails in the past have really SHARP nails when they finally let them grow out? Three people I\'ve noticed this with, so it\'s not necessarily a trend. I was never a nail biter, so mine are sharp, but I can\'t rip sheets like they can.

bundyburger
02-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Aren\'t fingernails supposed to show your recent health deficiancies too??

I used to grow my fingernails a bit on my right hand for the guitar. I noticed diet made a big difference in the strength and willingness to split etc.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Guitar\'s my downfall. I was just thinking about that today. Got a new CD and the guitar is pretty on it, felt like tuning up and joining in. Every single time I manage to grow any nails, it means I\'ve been away from the guitar long enough that I miss it, so I cut my nails off so I can play again. Which lasts about an hour. Then I\'m pissed off because I cut off my fingernails. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif No dishwasher in my apartment but me.

bundyburger
02-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Tried to teach a friend the guitar (a girl of course). There was no way she was going to get the chords with her nails how they were. She wouldn\'t sacrifice them! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 07:25 PM
I\'m not doing it. I\'m not giving in to the urge. I would like to give SDR the gift of pretty fingernails. He really likes that. The guitar\'s going in the closet so I can\'t see it and be tempted. I\'ll sell it if I have to.

Elana
02-27-2003, 08:22 AM
I just read this.....
FTR, you play guitar? That\'s really cool. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif