PDA

View Full Version : question for guys about chest workout

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Just finished evil chest workout with guy friend to keep him company. He\'s naturally tall and thin, and is trying to build muscle. He has a problem spot on his chest. He\'s got a bit of a sunken spot in the center of his chest he wants to \"pop out\". Any suggestions on how he can build muscle there, or make it less noticable? I really don\'t notice it, but if he gets a lot more muscle in his chest, it will be.

bivonic
02-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Can you be more specific? Between his pectorals or below them. If immediately below them, do you mean his upper abs?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 04:05 PM
I think I know what you\'re talking about. He needs to put on weight. Get enough fat to fill in the boney spots. That\'s a nasty look on men or women, when your bones stick out.

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 04:08 PM
Between his pecs, lower half of his chest. Looks kinda like he\'s developing muscle in his pecs more to the outside, but not the center of his chest. Does that help? It\'s not his upper abs.
Another way to say it would be that if you imagine a line across the bottom of his chest. He\'s got a triangle in the middle of his chest pointing upward that rests on that line.

I personally don\'t have that problem, so I can\'t think of anything.

bivonic
02-23-2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah what FTR said, sounds like he\'s scrawny, tell him to up the carbo intake, but not to go crazy. Also I\'d recommend more upper body workouts. To a certain extent I follow the body-for-life workout routine. Do sets of reps in this fashion 12-10-8-6-12, where you increase the amount of weight you are lifting in each repetition except for the last one where he would go back to the starting weight for the initial set of 12 or he can do a little less then that first set if he feels fatigued. Then I\'d recommend he does these three types of exercises & cardio routine:

(I do all three whenever I lift, rest 2 days between & perform in this sequence as the larger muscles are worked first)

1. Squat
I use an assisted sled, not sure of the exact name of it but it has two poles that allow me to lock the bar every 6 inches if I get into trouble. Two common problems with the squat, people either try to lift too much & hurt their back or lift too little & do not get a proper workout. All I can recommend here is to start small & have him work his way up until he can get the heart pumping really good but not so much that he puts undue stress on his muscles / ligaments. This is my favorite exercise as it works the largest muscles in the body & all the medium to small muscles in between. Not a guideline for a beginner but I can do 162% of my body weight at the 6 rep set.

2. Inclined Bench Press
Some may think this only works the pectorals, but they\'re wrong it works your pec\'s primarily & then all of the support muscles surrounding it. I prefer the incline to the flat bench method, over time I found I could lift the same amount of weight as the flat method, also I\'d strongly recommend a very low angle for the incline, like 30 degrees, a little less then what the fixed incline benches are angled at, again I use the assisted sled so I don\'t always need a spotter, worst case you need to slide under the bar when you get into trouble. Not a guideline for a beginner but I can do 115% of my body weight at the 6 rep set.

3. Back - Pulley
Not sure of the name of this exercise either. I use the lat-pull down stations, take off the long horizontal bar & connect the triangle thinga-ma-jig that most people use for the seated row. I used to use the seated row, but hurt my back REAL good one time & prefer this safer method to work my back. By using the lat pull down it is a lot more difficult to injure your back. This will not necessarily work that little spot beneath his pec\'s, but building up your back muscles is essential in framing your body so that your other upper body muscles have a nice foundation to expand in. Not a guideline for a beginner but I can do 100% of my body weight at the 6 rep set.

Cardio - elliptical
I use the newer elliptical machines where you can adjust the tension and the incline. It sounds like he is already skinny so he doesn\'t need to overdo this exercise, but I would recommend high resistance & low speed, this should work his abs real good, also it might help to do the cross training exercise, if the machine he has does not have this option, he can just watch the clock & change direction himself, rest 10 seconds between changing direction to drink some water. When I cross train I do 5 minutes forward, 2 minutes back, & keep flipping between the two.

As you can tell from my lingo, I\'m no body-building fitness training guru, but I think if he sticks to the above giving himself 2 days rest between workouts & optionally doing the cardio on the rest days he should see results in as little as 3 weeks.

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 04:28 PM
No, his bones don\'t stick out. He\'s got good muscle tone--he\'s just tall and thin. Wants to be bigger, but he can eat all day and still be thin. If I had his metabolism for a week, I\'d probably waste away to nothing. I just can\'t eat like he does. lol

bivonic
02-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Three quick additions. If he\'s serious have him pickup some liquid Creatine, this will help his muscles retain water better to get bigger, it\'s expensive but it definitely helps me, also it\'s instrumental in repairing the muscles & he should not feel any soreness after his workout or the next day. Secondly this is usually common sense, don\'t eat before a workout, always afterwards. When you eat after an intensive workout your body will essentially absorb anything you take in as your muscles are \"hungry\" again, novice lingo, but you get the point. Thirdly again more common sense, drink tons of water on work out days & during his workout, a store nearby sells two 1 liters of Dasani water for $2 & during my weight training routine I\'ll go through one of them, if I do cardio as well I\'ll go through the other one.

bivonic
02-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Oops another thing. I\'m not a big fan of situps to work the abs, I prefer cardio either for long durations like an hour, or shorter durations with higher resistance. For the ulitmate ab workout try hiking a mountain with a 40 lb. pack on your back /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 04:57 PM
You try and it let me know how it went.

MOBLEYC57
02-23-2003, 05:08 PM
SRH - He just needs to do more cable crossovers. There designed just for filling in that line in the center pec. Some do them knuckles to knuckles, but it\'s better to cross the forearms and hold for a three second count. Tater!!!!

MAL224610
02-23-2003, 05:11 PM
There are three exercises...1st and foremost is bench, proper form...2nd cable cross overs (arms crossing at the bottom), and dumbell flies (crossing arms).....and eat around 4000-5000 calories if he is an extreme hard gainer...

bivonic
02-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I\'ve actually added flies (using a machine not free weight), I\'ve gotten a ton of compliments in just the past week on my build, from men & women alike. I have never done crossovers, I\'d like to try it, guess I\'ll ask a trainer next time.

MAL224610
02-23-2003, 05:57 PM
they really work well....but the best is bench....changing your grip from wide, to normal, to narrow......

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Ahhh, I remember cable crossovers. Used to do them--very....efficient (so said the torture master).

Thanks, guys. He\'s doing flies and has good form in general. Just not getting that spot. I\'ll show him how to do crossovers. >:) A former boyfriend was a body builder and I used to work out with him, so I\'m familiar.

I dunno if he\'ll do the creatine, he drinks water like a fish, and I\'ll try to think of ways that he can eat more. He can live on chips and pizza and not gain an ounce, but he\'s working on more protein at the moment.

bivonic
02-23-2003, 07:00 PM
I hear drinking lots of milk is good for that (protein), I try to drink slim or 1%, he could probably get away with a lot of the whole milk.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 07:27 PM
No, no, no. My favorite cousin John died last year -- arteries so clogged you can\'t imagine. He drank a good quart of whole milk a day. Don\'t. Can\'t he do those protein shakes and put bananas and peanut butter in them?

MAL224610
02-23-2003, 07:32 PM
I avoid milk, not because of fat(fat and dietary cholesterol has little to do with arterial cholesterol)....but because of added sugar, that and too much calicum can be toxic if not used in conjunction with a 2:1 ratio of magnesium........
I use a sugar free protein mix in water, pinch the nose and chugg it away.
Best way to hit calories is with rice, beans, potatoes, chicken, fish, steak, lobster...damnit I\'m hungry, going to go cook....

bundyburger
02-23-2003, 07:37 PM
How do you know the milk did it??? Wouldn\'t it be a genetic disposition of some sort?

BTW You want a good sport for abs?... Sailing catamarans, ou ton the wire all the time.. I could imagine even climbing doing the same. Surfing would be close too. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 07:50 PM
I don\'t know. It\'s not something I\'d take a chance on, though. Whole milk is awful high fat.

Bundyburger, my love. Are you talking to me re catamarans? If so, are you high? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Yeah, ok, nevermind -- I\'m going right down to the catamaran store to get me a catamaran; guess I\'d better go by the auto dealership and get something to tow it in while I\'m at it, since it\'s several hours drive to any beach ... how \'bout I write a check? Out of your account. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bundyburger
02-23-2003, 07:56 PM
I\'m not talking Big MoFos luxury catamarans here. You can get junior sorting catamarans too. But, I see your point, raise you a \"whatdafuk!\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

bundyburger
02-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Oh... I replied to you didn\'t I. lol
I meant as a general comment. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 08:11 PM
You\'re cute and you\'re funny, too. I see why Elana likes you so much.

bundyburger
02-23-2003, 08:27 PM
It\'s the parachute pants isn\'t it? I knew it. I told everyone they\'d stay in fashion but, NO, they didn\'t listen to me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif My pink ones are speshal. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 08:50 PM
Why did I *know* you wear parachute pants? In pink, no less! Ahhh, ladies grab him quick. That type of guy is few and far between these days! lol

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 09:00 PM
That\'s ok. You can have the ones in the pink parachute pants. We\'ll save them out just for you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Such a sweet thing to do. I knew I liked you, FTR. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 09:08 PM
We girls have to look out for one another.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 09:56 PM
for bivonic: liquid creatine is useless. It\'s been scientifically proven that creatine doesn\'t sustain in liquid past 6 ours. This is a scam product any true body builder will tell you that. Any gains or effects you feel from this product are simple placebo. Try some prolabs creapure creatine mono if you\'re serious about using creatine.

bivonic
02-24-2003, 03:00 AM
Stygian -

I appreciate your straight forwardness, but could you provide a link that supports this? I\'m a little confused you state it\'s a scam product & then you recommend a different brand? I know of many athletes claim to have used creatine & they were not making money off advertising it. I also know that I\'ve been able to work my ass off everyday for 3 weeks straight with NO PAIN or muscle soreness, from personal experience of actually using ATP Liquid Creatine I can personally say it is not a scam.

Lastly, even if it is only effective for 6 hours, what is wrong with that? You are only supposed to \"load\" on workout days, I take it 10 minutes before my workout & my workout never lasts longer then 2 hours, I could care less if it leaves my system after another 4.

MAL224610
02-24-2003, 03:52 AM
stygian is right....its a waste....creatine is not stable in liquid....I was involved in a study on this about 2 years ago with a local university.......the liquids contents were mainly creatinine(by product)....there is a form of creatine that is liquid stable, but it is not for sale on the market at present.....so mix it up, and drink it fast.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-24-2003, 06:54 AM
bivonic: I\'m going to try and find some articles for you on this. If you want to search for them hit up bodybuilding.com and their forums. I\'m not recommending another brand of liquid creatine, any liquid creatine for sale right now has this same problem. The creapure powder is considered by the pro\'s to be the best stuff you can buy. Give it a switch to that and I\'ll bet you will notice way better results. For this serum you\'re taking to only be reducing soreness and etc, this is not enough. Creatine results should be a lot more significant including a decent amount of lean mass gains in as little as to weeks, as well as having an almost never-ending pump right after lifting.

bivonic
02-24-2003, 07:22 AM
I\'m always skeptical of forums as sometimes the masses can be influenced by marketing, this seems like a pretty reputable comparison that lists it\'s sources.

Serum Vs Powder Analysis

Q. Why are some companies not happy about this new form of creatine monohydrate?
A. Our response is to continue introducing safe, new and innovative products that will benefit consumers in the long term. These other companies, who seem to resent the success of our products, should focus their energy and time on producing superior products as well. Athletes will benefit more from great and effective products than they will from smear campaigns between companies.

Q. Most of the other creatine companies told me that creatine is not stable in a liquid form?
A. Some of these companies once told customers that steroids are safe and cannot harm you. Unfortunately, it has since been discovered that this was not completely true. Stable Creatine Serum, however, is a real fact.

Q. Are you pointing out the weaknesses of creatine powder to promote your serum?
A. No. We are comparing the benefits and side effects of both. Although vendors of creatine powder may not appreciate our comparison, we have a commitment to our customers to give them a clear picture of the advantages of our serum over powder. Please check the FDA for information about complaints received from consumers who used creatine powder. This is public information.

Q. Why would other companies feel threatened by the Creatine Serum?
A. The creatine market is huge and the sales of creatine powder bring large profits to supplement companies. A safer alternative to powder creatine will cause a decline in sales and profits for these companies. As a direct result of our breakthrough, other supplement companies may feel compelled to protect their image, instead of concentrating on new advancements in science or new discoveries. It would in the best interests of these companies to concentrate on their own product line and on the needs of the customers.

Q. How do you back up your comments about creatine powder?
A. Please check the following unbiased articles published in various reputable medical journals and newspapers. Downside of creatine: according to the March edition of the Mountain Bike Action Magazine, Valencia, CA.

Q. Why wouldn\'t regular HPLC testing reveal the contents of your serum?
A. The HPLC test is an accurate measure of a simple creatine monohydrate. However, the regular commercial standards will not be applicable to a complex compound like Creatine Serum. To make creatine stable and soluble, the ingredients must go through a \"chaining\" process to lock the creatine and keep it stable both outside and inside the body. Once chained, a standard testing will not give accurate readings on the amount of creatine. This regular standard method can be applied to solids like powder and pills and to unchained compounds.

Q. What are the other side effects of powdered creatine that are not widely reported yet?
A. Creatine can increase renal (kidney) stress and possibly cause liver damage.

Q. What is the safest way to use supplements?
A. All dietary supplements should be used with extreme caution. Before using anything, you should fully research it in terms of manufacturer\'s claims, dosage, possible side effects, warnings and drug interaction statements. It is your body you are putting this supplement into.

Q. Some companies are recommending taking 20 grams a day of creatine. Isn\'t that a lot?
A. In our opinion, to recommend a certain dosage to a customer, without knowing his or her medical history is unwise-especially a considerable amount such as 20 grams per day. It seems that companies who practice this are only concerned with profits. This approach, however, is utterly without ethical or moral regard to the safety of consumers. If you decide to take creatine powder instead of our serum, be moderate with the amounts you take, and drink lots of water to flush the excess creatine and to counteract dehydration.

Q. How do you respond to other supplement companies who profess anger about your product?
A. Their anger and frustration is well understood. If a company produces a product that is better than ours, we might feel the same way too. But, it is better to be attacked by other companies than by an angry customer who got no benefits from our products, or worse, suffered from using them. While some companies may spend their energy and time on criticizing a breakthrough product, we spend ours developing safer and more innovative products: products that solve the problems faced by many athletes. One recent attack on us was by a company that also promotes hormones and other substances that are potentially very dangerous for athletes. Sadly, young athletes can easily be persuaded by unsubstantiated claims and use these products-especially since the government is far too slow in cracking down on companies selling dangerous ingredients with exaggerated safety claims.

Q. What\'s the best way to find out information on supplements?
A. The Internet is a very useful tool. There is now a massive amount of information on-line. The only drawback is that anyone can call him or herself an expert and write an article for everyone to read.Some articles are downright dangerous because they advise athletes on what is safe and what is not safe, based entirely on personal opinions and agendas. In the end, the consumer loses because he/she is getting erroneous information that might lead to adverse side effects, complications, or even death. Again, you are putting these supplements into your body, so it is important to do your research first.

Q. What are the drawbacks of powdered creatine monohydrate ?
A. We believe there are some serious drawbacks to using creatine powder. Not any particular brand, but the entire product category. The side effects are well documented. But in the end, it is a customer\'s choice. However, you should be fully informed. Check the article here to find out more about the side effects of powdered creatine. The FDA received many complaints reporting side effects and also several deaths that have been linked to the use of powdered creatine. As research has shown, creatine serum is a safer, and therefore superior, alternative to powder. But if a customer wants to continue using the powder, we are not going to argue with them to try and change their mind. Creatine Serum Standards We invented Creatine Serum. We recognize, however, that it is expected that other companies might want to try and copy it so they can offer similar products. Many have tried and failed. Others could not figure it out and became frustrated as a result. Our message to them is as follows:

1. Creatine Serum cannot be duplicated. It is the result of many years of hard work by our scientists and chemists.

2. This serum cannot be analyzed unless we provide the laboratory with detailed information on our standards and methodology.

3. Another possible way to verify our claims of our ability to stabilize creatine is if we were to provide laboratory samples of our unchained formula before it becomes a complex compound. To do so will jeopardize the confidentiality of our process and we are not going to do this to prove a point to a possible imitator.

4. Our formula has been tested by many independent laboratories. They have issued their findings in the reports listed here. Any company or individual can contact the laboratories listed by writing them, although our prior approval is required.

5. Muscle Marketing USA is pleased to announce the introduction of additional breakthrough products in an un-complex form, which can be tested by any interested parties.

6. Creatine Serum is currently being studied by three different universities in the US and Europe. The preliminary results have all been positive and the final details will be published in both medical and scientific journals.

7. If you are skeptical about the effectiveness of Creatine Serum, please continue to use the powder form or another form of supplement and ensure that you find possible ways to minimize side effects.

Btw - they sell this at your bodybuilding.com site, ironic?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mm/mm.htm (\"http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mm/mm.htm\")

**DONOTDELETE**
02-24-2003, 08:21 AM
no, not ironic one bit. The serum is a product that is in demand by many uninformed consumers, and as it sells well, they sell it. The laws of supply and demand come in here. Also of note: this site runs an e-store but it\'s not necessarily related to the forums. Your argument is similar to one of walking into wal-mart and asking them why they carry powdered laundry detergent as well as liquid. People buy it regardless, just not everyone is informed as to know which one really works better and what the benefits are. Also, as I reached the end of that \"article\" I couldn\'t help but laugh as I noticed that it was property of the same company that produces the serum. Now THAT\'s kinda ironic huh? But alas, believe what you will and keep using it. I\'ve tried both myself and I know the truth.

bivonic
02-24-2003, 08:39 AM
You\'re right that is an FAQ from the producers of the product try this independant review, still looking for negative reviews, I haven\'t found any, just a lot of \"opinions\" from people from Google - Groups, if you can find a recent article (last year or preferably last 6 months) I\'d still be very interested in reading it.

http://www.absolute-creatine.com/3.htm (\"http://www.absolute-creatine.com/3.htm\")

Different Ways to Take Creatine
In this article we will go over the different forms of creatine supplements. We will look at if one delivery method is most beneficial. Everyone should read The Beginners Guide To Creatine (http://www.absolute-creatine.com/creatine.htm) before starting this article.

What forms of creatine supplements are there?
Creatine can come in powder, liquid (serum), pill, gum or effervescent powder form. Let\'s take a quick look at each one:

Creatine Powder

Powder creatine is by far the most popular form of creatine supplements. You mix the powder up in some juice and drink it down. While this is the most popular - and cheapest form of creatine supplementation, it does have some problems.

For starters many people find creatine powder has a very gritty taste. This can be helped by \"micronized creatine powder\". This is just very finely ground creatine powder that dissolves better in liquid.

The other major problem is that creatine powder is not very effective when you look at absorption rates. The powder passes through the stomach and the acids in the stomach start to digest the creatine. This is not what you want, since you want the creatine to reach your muscles. Studies have shown that as much as 40-50% of the creatine powder you take is lost before it ever reaches your muscles.

Finally the powder tends to absorb more water - which can lead to an upset stomach and possible dehydration. If you drink enough water - these should not be major problems.

All that being said - creatine powders still remain the most popular form for supplements. Some of the main reasons are that it is relatively cheap and easy to make creatine powder. If you are looking for the best value - powder is the way to go. In addition, most of the studies were done using powder - so it is very well tested.

Creatine Liquid or Serum

You can also take creatine in liquid or serum form. In theory there are many advantages to liquid creatine over powder. It is a more effective delivery mechanism so much more creatine is absorbed. This means you can take less creatine in liquid form and still get the same results. In addition, you don\'t need to leave as much time between when you take your creatine and when you can start working out.

The major down side to liquid creatine is it is very hard to make. If creatine is just mixed in a liquid it starts to breakdown into a waste product (creatinine) after about 20 minutes. So, to make liquid creatine effective the creatine must be stabilized. If the creatine is stabilized it will not break down into a waste product - and it will remain as creatine monohydrate.

Time for another quick personal note. In an earlier article I mentioned a few of us have been trying the creatine serum with very good results. I don\'t want to plug products here - but I figured I would share since it has worked for us. We are using MMUSA\'s Xtra Advantage Creatine. We researched and bought it at PowerSupplements.Com. They had some good info on all the benefits of the serum and very nice customer service. I should state they have bought ads on our site - but this really is not the reason I mention them. Just want to pass along our personal experience.

Personal Note Number 2: On 5/1/02 the friendly folks at PowerSupplements convinced us to try a new creatine serum from Germany - DiMaxx Muscle Creatine Plus. We have been using it since 5/1/02 and we are very impressed. We have had all had great results and most of us have now converted from the Xtra Advantage. A little bonus for you vegetarians and vegans - the DiMaxx is the only creatine on the market that is derived from plants!

Creatine Pills

Pills really just work the same way as the powder. They are easier to take because you don\'t have to mix up anything. What we really don\'t like about the pills is that it is very hard to vary the dosage. If you decide you only want to take 4 grams a day - and the pills are 5 grams each - your stuck. At least with the powder you could just use one less teaspoon.

Creatine Gum

The idea behind the creatine gum is that as you chew the gum the creatine is released. The fact that it is absorbed in your mouth should yield better absorption rates. We don\'t have any real experience with the gum and it is not that popular among athletes.

Effervescent Powder Form

This is the stuff that drop into a glass of water and it fizzes up. In the end it works on the same principle as the liquid - trying to increase absorption rates. There have been some preliminary studies that show that effervescent powder may be an effective delivery mechanism. The down side is that they come in pre-measured individual packets - so it is very hard to vary the dosage.

So what is the best form?
You know there is no easy answer to this right? If price is your prime concern we would go with the powder. If ease of use and maximum absorption are most important you may want to look at the serum. Whatever form you choose - make sure you are getting pure creatine monohydrate.

bivonic
02-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Here\'s the most recent link I could find on your bodybuilder.com forum regarding DiMaxx serum creatine:

<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=833be076b0df1ab25449f225dd22de8d&amp; threadid=3797&amp;highlight=dimaxx>LINK</a>

A lot of people bashed serum based creatine in 2000/2001 from that board, probably because it was new &amp; it did not have all of the research that powdered creatine had. If you look at the more recent posts you will see a significant change in attitude, I\'m going to give DiMaxx a shot as I\'m ready to replace my MMUSA serum.

MOBLEYC57
02-26-2003, 07:59 AM
BIVONIC - Dimaxx is one of the top two Creatines you can buy. The other being Muscletech\'s Celltech. You\'re going to be impressed. People keep saying that it\'s not good for you, but you don\'t read on the directions anywhere to consume extra amounts of water....that\'s the key! WATER! WATER! and more WATER! Like one liter per gram! Trust me on that! Let me know what you think after a month of using DIMAXX will ya!? Have fun! TATER!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-26-2003, 10:23 AM
mobley... are you being serious?

MOBLEYC57
02-26-2003, 02:19 PM
http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=K8SLHSR&amp;key=PWR (\"http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=K8SLHSR&amp;key=PWR\")

YES! I am! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif After you\'ve follow the directions, and consumed the required amount....start drinking!!!! The key window of creatine and protein usage is immediately after your workout! If you don\'t hit that window within 45 minutes, you\'re cheating yourself! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif The key windows for protein are at breakfast, 1 1/2 hours before you workout, immediately after your workout with creatine, and before beddy bye! Hope this helps! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Tater!!

Sexyredhead
02-26-2003, 02:38 PM
Is that you? WOW. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

MOBLEYC57
02-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Geez! I hope that\'s a good wow! /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif If it\'s not...it ain\'t me!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

bivonic
02-26-2003, 03:02 PM
dude - you are a HOUSE - grats!

Sexyredhead
02-26-2003, 03:13 PM
The first thing that popped out of my mouth (in a room by myself) was \"DAMN, baby!\" lol

VERY nice. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-26-2003, 03:19 PM
I would say something, but I can\'t type when I\'m drooling...

Sexyredhead
02-26-2003, 03:22 PM
We may have to invest in plastic sheeting so we don\'t short out our keyboards..... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-26-2003, 03:26 PM
He\'s always talking about stirring it and hittin\' the sides and what not ...

I\'m getting on top of all that. I can stir it myself, thank you, just give me the \"spoon.\"
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bivonic
02-26-2003, 04:11 PM
Hey Mobley -

What do you recommend for protein supplemants? Whey type shakes?

MOBLEYC57
02-27-2003, 08:07 AM
bivonic - A broken down house...currently under construction! Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead - Wheeeew! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks! Thought I was going to have to speak with a forked tongue and say that was my brother! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

FullTiltRedhead - Everybody on the forum knows you\'re a naughty girl! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Drooling!? /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif What did you eat sugartush? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

\"He\'s always talking about stirring it and hittin\' the sides and what not...\"

I\'m sorry it\'s just talk love, but due to the sitchaytion....it\'s beyond me control gurl! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

bivonic - I love chocolate...Nitrotech and Muscle Milk. Muscle Milk taste JUST LIKE a chocolate shake. The best tasting chocolate protein on the market!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif But I only use it with Nitrotech AFTER my workout.....calories! Yummy!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Whey it is, but Whey is fast acting (used by the body immediately!) Designer has a new protein on the market that is supposed to be time released. If that is true...that would be the PERFECT protein to take at BEDTIME!!!! Growing while ya snoring!!! Yeeeeeeha!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif TATER!!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-27-2003, 09:50 AM
mobley: celltech, nitrotech, and all muscletech products have gotten a bad rap as of late from the body building community. They are overpriced for what is actually in them, not to mention that celltech has more dextrose than is actually utilized for an insulin spike to uptake creatine, thus resulting in fat gains and mass, as opposed to lean mass-only gains. My recommendation to all for the best price and best overall product: optimum nutrition\'s 100% whey protein shake blend. Chocolate is best IMO.

MOBLEYC57
02-27-2003, 10:03 AM
Yes...I\'ve heard, but I\'m a witness for what it\'s done for me, and I\'m sticking with the chicken!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif I wish I still had my before and after pics...two months is all it took me with only those products I\'ve listed + Tribex 500. I thought it was amazing!!! I got a hip replacement last August, and I\'ve lost nothing! ZERO! I only got softer...AMAZING! and I\'m impressed. I chose Dimaxx over Celltech only because it\'s good, and no powder in the stomach. Thanks for the info! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Speaking of pricess...have you seen the DPS discount magazine? Muscle Milk runs for 34 to 42 bucks. In this magazine...19.99!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif 4 lbs Nitrotech runs for 70 bucks easily! Try 44.99! /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif Shipping and handling is on 4.95 when I order my stack...1 4lb Nitrotech, 2 2lb Muscle Milk, 1 Dimaxx Creatine Plus, Tribex 500, and Z-Mass! I haven\'t been using Z-Mass because it tells you not to take with calcium, and I\'d rather drop a protein drink with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before beddy time. AMAZING!!!! Anyways...thanks for the heads up, but I\'m sticking with the chicken! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-27-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info man. I have heard some good stuff about muscle milk. How\'s the ZMA working for you? I\'ve heard conflicting stories about ZMA but have never tried it. I just came off a 4 week creatine cycle and am now on 100% whey, ast multi pro 32x vitamins, DHEA 25mg, and xenadrine efx. I guess everyone has their own protein preference, but I\'ve got a suggestion: for cutting or bulking phase the best breakfast I\'ve ever made has been 1 scoop of the protein in water, with a serving of raw whole rolled oats mixed in. Don\'t have to heat or anything, rolled oats taste good. Just get the quaker oats in the big cardboard can. Breakfast of champions /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MOBLEYC57
02-27-2003, 04:18 PM
You\'re gonna have to read between the lines on this one. I\'ll type in all caps.

Thanks for the info man. NO PROB! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I have heard some good stuff about muscle milk. IT TASTE GOOD, AND IT CUTS THE BORING TASTE OF NITROTECH AFTER MY WORKOUT. KINDA LIKE EATING ICE CREAM ONCE A DAY....MY TREAT. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif How\'s the ZMA working for you? I STOP USING IT BECAUSE I\'D RATHER HAVE THE PROTEIN IN MY SYSTEM WHEN I FALL ASLEEP. I\'ve heard conflicting stories about ZMA but have never tried it. YOU WON\'T FIND ANYTHING ON THIS EARTH WITHOUT AN EXCEPTION MY FRIEND! I just came off a 4 week creatine cycle and am now on 100% whey COOL! 4 WEEKS IS KIND OF SHORT. THEY TELL YOU TO LOAD, BUT YOU DON\'T NEED TOO. YOUR CYCLE SHOULD BE MORE LIKE 8 TO 10 WEEKS....LIKE YOUR WORKOUT ROUTINE. (MY OPINION), ast multi pro 32x vitamins, DHEA 25mg, and xenadrine efx. I guess everyone has their own protein preference YEP! BUT IF YOU LIKE CHOCOLATE...MUSCLE MILK WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif, but I\'ve got a suggestion: for cutting or bulking phase the best breakfast I\'ve ever made has been 1 scoop of the protein in water, with a serving of raw whole rolled oats mixed in. YUCKY!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif Don\'t have to heat or anything, rolled oats taste good. Just get the quaker oats in the big cardboard can. Breakfast of champions WHATEVER!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif IF YOU SAY SO!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif YOU NEED TO TRY THIS OUT! AND IT GIVES YOU SOMETHING GOOD TO TASTE...ONE 8 OZ OF LOW FAT BLUEBERRY YOGURT, ONE OR TWO BANANNA\'S, IN AN 8 OZ OF WATER (BLENDER). UMMMMMMM AND IT\'S PACKED WITH PROTEIN!!! THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!! TATER!!!

Watcher
02-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Wow mobley is back yay

MOBLEYC57
02-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Say huh? /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif I\'ve been no place me young lad! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif