PDA

View Full Version : Call for new products (LaCroy)

DrSmellThis
02-23-2003, 06:55 AM
There are at least 5 pheromones that we know are important (more if you count A1, indole, and whatever is in WAGG) for sexual and romantic attraction. With all due respect, LaCroy is missing an opportunity if they don\'t release a 5 phero unscented or sandalwood scented men\'s product or two (one -none heavy and one more -nol heavy).

Why not!!?! People are going to such hassles and expense to mix things. It\'s about to get even more complex, with WAGG and the new info accumulating about A1! Since they are the only company that could release this kind of product, they should really consider it. I think it would be great to model it after WKM1beta1 or the phi ratio. It would immediately sell like gangbusters -- no doubt about it!

Imagine someone whose only job is to develop phero products. Five days a week. The thought never occurs to them: \"DUH! maybe put all of them in a bottle!?\" Unbelievable. How could you not? No need to think about it for 5 years, or even at all. Just do it. Why is it so hard for them to develop new products, for godsakes? Just buy a bunch of bottles and fill them! Pretend the job was due yesterday.

What do people think about this? What new products would you all like to see?

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 07:07 AM
I\'d like to see an unscented SoE, but I believe that\'s already been mentioned.

From threads on the women\'s forum, I\'d like to see a product that is similar to the successful mixes, like Piw and cops, or EW and -nol. EW seems to do well in mixes for several people here, so why not make a product that already does it?
All of us here are doing the marketing, testing, etc for different mixes, and some people have come up with some great ones. Why couldn\'t the different -mone labs buy the recipes that work well and produce them mass market? Very good idea, doc.

franki
02-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Don\'t they have a new product coming our way soon?

\"I think it would be great to model it after WKM1beta1 or the phi ratio.\"

I think that a phero-professional would not be very inclined to model a product after some relations some hobbyists made up. It would be very unprofessional too.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 07:14 AM
I dunno, Franki. If a combination is very successful, won\'t they end up with it anyway through their research? I think a good solution would be to acknowledge the creators in some way.

franki
02-23-2003, 07:14 AM
\"All of us here are doing the marketing, testing, etc for different mixes, and some people have come up with some great ones. Why couldn\'t the different -mone labs buy the recipes that work well and produce them mass market?\"

Afaik Stone Labs came up with the AE-ratio themselves. A company with a sound scientifical base like SIR should not be depend on phero ratio\'s from Love-Scent members, but rather do their own research.

franki
02-23-2003, 07:17 AM
Well, I guess I am not too fond of some of the so-called \"magic\" formulations of my fellow Love-Scent members. I remember all the fuss here about JB1 in the past, and I know the results of a particular phero-mix can VARY very much from individual to individual.

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 07:18 AM
But don\'t you think that as pheromones become more popular, the number of products will increase, and probably the number of mixes? I haven\'t tried AE yet, but I hear it\'s getting great results. I think that eventually, no matter what product is being used in the mix, the ratio of -mones will be something very similar to, if not the same as, some of the mixes people on this forum have come up with. It\'s only logical.

Sexyredhead
02-23-2003, 07:19 AM
<the results of a particular phero-mix can VARY very much from individual to individual.>

Very true. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
02-23-2003, 08:12 AM
SexyRH,
I honestly think the women\'s Pheromax might be just what you are looking for. It is a large dose of aNOL with a tiny touch of EW including the indole. I was wearing it myself every day until I ran the bottle dry. It\'s similar to women\'s PI, but with a far superior copulins.

A women\'s SOE is in the works but will have some sort of fragrance and probably no aRONE.

Bruce

DrSmellThis
02-23-2003, 09:03 AM
It doesn\'t matter to me what ratios they decide are best, but there are sound reasons behind some of the mixes here, including JB1. The fact that no mix works for everyone does not count against any of the mixes. No need to worship scientists and people who make pheromones for a living. Sure they have lots of knowledge we don\'t, but it is unreasonable to suppose that the accumulated practical experience and enourmous amount of trial and error that has occured here has no unique value.

In psychology, for example, it is well known that researchers are out of touch with what practitioners do and know, and that many researchers know next to nothing about how to counsel anyone. What we do is practice. We constantly experiment with new mixes. There is no substitute for that, as that is the artistic side of, to put it mildly, an inexact science. As another example, I wouldn\'t think Mr Kohl would assume to know more about mixing and applying pheromones than the forum members, because the practical part is our expertise. We don\'t know about the research and scientific part of it. Mr Kohl is a humble individual, but it\'s really just common sense. The fact that his 4:1 ratio works so well may have as much to do with luck or the perfmer\'s intuition as anything else. I think all the researchers knew was to make the -rone less than the -nol. That said, if JVK told me he knew all about mixing I\'d believe him. But he once said here he\'d never even worn -none.

a.k.a.
02-23-2003, 09:37 AM
I second the opinion that scientists aren’t necessarily the best formula makers. I never have good luck with AE on its own, for example.
In addition, I thoroughly enjoy mixing my own formulas. It’s become a minor hobby for me.

What I would like to see from LaCroy is individual pheromone concentrates like Stone Labs. They wouldn’t have to reveal what the secret ingredients are. They could just label it “Mystery Pheromone #1”, “Mystery Pheromone #2”, etc.

Icemone
02-24-2003, 02:49 AM
Hi Bruce,

How much EW should we mix to ( AE? ) in order to get the Pheromax results that you are recommending?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bruce wrote :
...women\'s Pheromax might be just what you are looking for. It is a large dose of aNOL with a tiny touch of EW including the indole. I was wearing it myself every day until I ran the bottle dry. It\'s similar to women\'s PI, but with a far superior copulins.

Bruce
02-24-2003, 07:25 AM
I would mix up a batch of useable EW by dilluting what you have 1:100; then start experimenting with that. Still you are only going to be adding that new mixture drop-wise to the AE. Be sure to use small amounts of AE at first to make test batches that can easily be repaired in case you overdo it with the EW.

Bruce

jvkohl
02-24-2003, 02:41 PM
\"The fact that his 4:1 ratio works so well may have as much to do with luck or the perfmer\'s intuition as anything else. I think all the researchers knew was to make the -rone less than the -nol.\"

I had only experimented with -rone, which limits the knowledge base but also helps keep variables under control.

\"That said, if JVK told me he knew all about mixing I\'d believe him. But he once said here he\'d never even worn -none.\"

Mixing is mostly the perfumer\'s (or Forum members) art. The perfumer must, however, come up with a mix that is pleasant to as many people as possible. -rone is sometimes described as the smell of \"fresh sweat.\" -nol is musky; -none is urinous. It\'s easy to see why I left out -none. The 4 -nol to 1 -rone ratio resulted from consult with the perfumer as did the consciously associated fragrance.

Watcher
02-24-2003, 04:58 PM
Progress from these new products seems to be coming along quite well. Its good to have u pushing Arone though jkohl as it is good to have someone with a through science background to pull us up if we get it wrong.

TBiRD
02-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Sorry if I am a bit off-topic , but what would be the worst imaginable OD scenario created by too much SOE Gel.

I\'m not talking \"scent/smell\" wise, cos nobody smells anything at all in a crowded club.

Anyways what would u imagine to be the effects on others if I used like 3 Soe Gel packs at once ? [I know its not a good thing to do, just askin for the fun/theory of it]

Judging from -nol OD reports by users here , people will get headaches [me included] and cough / sneeze / feel distracted / dizzy.

I wonder what effect the rone component would show in OD situations together with -nol.

Watcher
02-24-2003, 06:15 PM
What youre discribing Tbird is common in the SOE OD case.
Headaches are worst.

TBiRD
02-24-2003, 06:35 PM
So reaction to me would be like :

Wow what a friendly guy *ouch my head* ! I want to talk more to him *ouch my head / sneeze sneeze* I want to tell him a secret for no obvious reason *ouch my head cough cough*.

Or will the negative effects outweigh the positive usual SOE effects.

Watcher
02-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Theres a balance. usually they run away. Or cough cough cough. However if you get the correct balance its like i wanna tell u everything and have no conscious side effects, except i want to get closer to u and occasionally i wanna spread my legs and let u inside for more fun and games.

jvkohl
02-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Any fragrance excess will be perceived as aversive. Even concentrated rose scent will make others get out of range--and avoid contact. Remember how you react to old lady\'s who use too much fragrance (usually because their sense of smell has deteriorated)? 3 packs of SOE would be enough to cause most people to avoid you, I think. Moderation is the key to success.

Sexyredhead
02-26-2003, 04:38 AM
ROFL. Good one TBiRD. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

CptKipling
02-26-2003, 05:12 AM
I have to agree with the Doc, we need some new products.

Some people here aren\'t interested in mixing at all, but they are missing out on some good mixes. Premixed versions would be ideal.

Something that I have thought to be a good idea is selling a phero-mixers toolkit, which vials, droppers etc. That would help to standardise things a bit, and would also give us all the kit we needed all in one place.