PDA

View Full Version : I need good art for my room.. attractive for eyes?

bsxs
02-22-2003, 09:30 AM
I would have posted this on the Other forum, but this has to do with the \'science of attraction\'. Hey it\'s all about attraction, for people who come to my room.

Well anyway, what are some very attractive pieces of art, maybe beach related ones? Does anyone have any suggestions? That stimulates the eyes when you see it and relaxes you. Not even necessarily a painting, but any kind of art.

bivonic
02-22-2003, 09:32 AM
I\'m certainly no art afficionado, but I\'d recommend going to a local artist fair & picking up a nice oil painting or perhaps a nice B/W photograph from a local artist. Makes a nice conversation piece if you get to know the person that made it, you help out your local artists, & it\'s sure to be a unique selection that no one has ever seen in the mall galleries.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-23-2003, 09:28 PM
Look at www.art.com (\"http://www.art.com\") - under Subjects, there should be a category for beach scenes. I like that site because you can try different frams and mats, and they give you ideas about how to hang the pictures for best effect, etc.

SonnyBlack
02-24-2003, 10:26 AM
throughout my whole condo I have many pieces of art on the walls...including Jean Michell Basquiat and early Jackson Pollock (not the splatter crap he did later). It always serves as a conversation piece whenever girls come to my house....

CJ01
02-25-2003, 09:02 AM
The best advice I can give you in terms of buying art or anything elso to `decorate´your room is: Only ever buy art that YOU like, not what you think other people may enjoy!
And like you said it does not have to be original work either. If you would like original art and have some cash over, go around art schools, in the summer time, go and see the degree shows - if you want to get into it that is. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

There´s one problem with buying stuff so others feel comfortable or more interested - not everyone has the same taste, so just go by your own instincts. CJ /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
r