PDA

View Full Version : I think I can smell -nol!!?

bundyburger
02-21-2003, 02:07 PM
I received the Chemistry kit yesterday.
Remembering what FTR said I conciously open the -nol and took a whiff before the vapour dissapeared

There was DEFINITELY a scent there. And it wasn\'t the ethonol. It was fruity. And it knocked out my sense of smell for a while!
I got a good blast of this fruity almost melon type of scent. I haven\'t smelt a honey dew melon in a long time but it somehow reminded me of that.

About ten minutes later I did the same again. It was VERY faint but for the shortest time, maybe half a second, I could smell it again, before it turned back to just to the ethonol smell.
I repeated that a few of times with a rest inbetween. Same result each time. About half a second of scent before it knocks out/ or fills up my scent receptors or something.

I can\'t puit my finger on the scent it reminds me of. So far I\'m just thinking honey due melon, but not sure

Has anyone else gotten results like this???

bundyburger
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
....One thing for sure. -none and -rone have almost offensive styles of scent. I find -nol is the opposite, a pleasant style.

Sexyredhead
02-21-2003, 02:19 PM
Maybe that means you\'re straight, bundy honey. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I dunno about the scent. I\'ve only got it in lavender scented oil and in the SoE. The PCC has a cucumber melon scent though. And it disappears quickly, but not that quickly. Wonder if it\'s similar on purpose?

bundyburger
02-21-2003, 07:36 PM
The verdict is still out but I might have a better Idea of what I\'m smelling. Back in school I worked at a supermarket/grocery store in the Fruit and Veggy department. Unpacking grapes on to the shelf there was this undertone to them that came from the handful of dried or rotting/bruised or whatever ones in some cartons. That\'s the scent sent I smell in the -nol bottle. I think the ethonol helps to encourage that memory too.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2003, 08:14 PM
I couldn\'t smell -nol at all; now I can smell it for sure.And Sophie used to talk about cooter smells/latrine smells she smelled in PCC, and I could never smell anything but the cucumber melon smell. Now I can smell the other smells, too.Your sense of smell becomes attuned after awhile to these things.I cannot abide -none but I love -rone. And WAGG. I love WAGG, too. Not as much as -rone, but it\'s close.

DrSmellThis
02-22-2003, 03:48 AM
The closest essential oil to -nol, not counting musk, is costus (very diluted).

Yes. Fruity -musky.

You smell mones differently than other substances, so the experience is different -- almost ghosty -- like it\'s not there but very there.