PDA

View Full Version : Give advice to your former self, what would it be?

bivonic
02-21-2003, 01:21 PM
\"If you could send one message to yourself at age 12 from yourself today, what would it be?\"

Try to stay away from the lottery number and stock purchase ideas or other \"investment\" areas, those are too obvious.

With some of the characters on this board, there should be some interesting responses.

Blackwidow_Woman
02-21-2003, 01:29 PM
To be a better person- not be bad... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif crap at age 12 i was really bad... LOL!!!

bundyburger
02-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Give my self pheromones at age 12. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

....while still in High school I\'d start a web site. Called....Love-Scent and sell phermones through it.

I\'d also tell my self to get on the Net and invent the World Wide Web, Start up a few ISPs and an online book shop.

Of course I would also tell myself to sell my company around the year 2000! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

But on a personal level. I\'d also tell myself everything I know so far about women. ....and to work harder at school. (and to compensate by playing even harder too!) /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bivonic
02-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Choose your friends, don\'t let them choose you.
Don\'t go into business with your friends.
Go to the gym as young as possible & run cross-country / track instead of playing competitive contact/sports.

Sexyredhead
02-21-2003, 02:55 PM
Why run cross country instead of contact sports?

bivonic
02-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Better long term affects on your weight, since when you train all you do is run all week. Contact sports focus more on skills & less on conditioning.

Sexyredhead
02-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Lots of weight workouts in cross country too, along with the running. I gotta admit though, it does a body good. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bivonic
02-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Bundy I don\'t think pheromones were known in the 1900\'s /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Gerund
02-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Not sure I\'d give my younger self too much advice, because I was given really good advice by others as I grew up.

Best wisdom I ever gained came when I was working summers as an orderly at a small hospital. As I worked geriatrics, I wanted something I could always use as a topic of conversation with the older people. Most of them had war stories, but that got kind of old after a while. So I took to asking all my elderly patients the following question:

\"What would you do differently, if you could go back and do it over again?\"

Almost all replied along the lines of: \"I wouldn\'t play it so safe,\" or \"I would have taken more risks.\" They said this in reference to many aspects of life: \"I would have asked that one girl out\"; \"I would have quit that one job a lot sooner\"; \"I would have dumped that lousy husband/wife at the 3rd sign of trouble;\" \"I would have tried going into business for myself,\" etc. etc. You get the idea. Not foolish risks, just rational choices.

Well, even in my foolish youth, I figured 200 old farts can\'t be wrong. So I\'ve tried to incorporate that wisdom into my life to the degree possible, and am glad that I did. Each of us is more able than we think.

bundyburger
02-21-2003, 03:49 PM
<< Bundy I don\'t think pheromones were known in the 1900\'s >>

Exactly! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

druid
02-21-2003, 04:13 PM
i say put the fcking nintendo games away and try to met some girls and work on social skills, you lonely jerk-off! or you will grow up to be a big lonely jerk-off!!

Briela
02-21-2003, 07:03 PM
>>Contact sports focus more on skills & less on conditioning.<<

Depends on what type of \"contact sport\" you\'re referring to... I know at least one that focuses on both. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Briela
02-21-2003, 07:18 PM
1) Cherish those around you. They\'ll be gone all too soon.

2) Laugh, no matter what.

3) Live for today and don\'t worry about tommorrow. Tommorrow will take care of itself!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Don\'t ever get married. Actually, my mother told me this. I just didn\'t listen. I do wish I had.

Briela
02-21-2003, 08:49 PM
The trouble with some women is they get all excited about nothing, and then they marry him. - Cher

lol /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2003, 08:52 PM
Perfect.

tallmacky
02-22-2003, 04:38 AM
That\'s easy.

Hey man, stop being so shy, reclusive, passive ,and letting people ride all over you. If somone insults you punch the [bad word] out of their face, instead of laughing it off, you are obviously big and tough enough nothing sadder then seeing a big wuss.

Second stop wacking off so damn much sure going to places is not as fun as it seems but with connections you can have a much easier life. ps get some action.

tallmacky
02-22-2003, 04:39 AM
bad marriage? how did it melt down FTR if you don\'t mind me asking.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2003, 04:44 AM
It\'s not worth talking about.

tallmacky
02-22-2003, 05:37 AM
you go girl!

we are but shadows and dust. I think that relates to it,

Bruce
02-22-2003, 06:20 AM
By the time I was 12 I was already in pretty good company. I wish I could have been there for myself when I was in elementary school. I was hanging out with kids in my immediate neighborhood who were very screwed up. It was awful really. I wish somebody would have seen that happening and gotten me into some club activities to take up the after school hours.
Bruce

Sexyredhead
02-22-2003, 06:42 AM
When I was 12 I moved across the country. I would tell myself I would really love it, and not to be so worried. I\'d also tell myself to think about very hard about myself and what would be best for me when making decisions, and not necessarily go along with the crowd. Also, don\'t sleep with that guy at 17--you\'ll get into all kinds of crap later on because of it.
Thirdly, I\'d tell myself I look GREAT, and will continue to look better as I get older. I know that sounds conceited, but I look back at pics of me in school, and I can\'t see how in the world I didn\'t think I was hot. Remember how your mom always told you you\'d look back in 10 years and be surprised at how good you looked? Well, it\'s true. lol

Elana
02-22-2003, 06:56 AM
I wouldn\'t have spent so much time at Druid\'s house playing Nintendo with him. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

EXIT63
02-22-2003, 07:32 AM
I wouldn\'t have tortured so many squirrels!

EXIT63
02-22-2003, 07:33 AM
That\'s a joke.

Elana
02-22-2003, 07:37 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Exit- Nothing you say could ever shock me /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Blackwidow_Woman
02-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Exit, back then i would have said you can come and torture some of this (_x_)...hehe!! sheesh, you could even do that now... LOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bivonic
02-22-2003, 11:44 AM
(_x_)

Nice emoticon!

What\'s the one for boobs?

bivonic
02-22-2003, 11:46 AM
How about this:

( o Y o )

!!!

Blackwidow_Woman
02-22-2003, 01:15 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif now all we need is this 8====> to go to this (^) and this (_x_) and those (o)(o) and then you will have the time of your life... hehehehehehehehe!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif