PDA

View Full Version : High School student wearing anti Bush shirt...

bivonic
02-19-2003, 02:59 PM
High School student wearing anti Bush shirt told to take it off or go home

Thought this was interesting. A student at Dearborn high school in Michigan, which is apparently in the middle of a large community of Arab-Americans (and 55% of the students are Arab-American), wore to school a shirt that read \"International Terrorist\" and had a picture of President Bush on it.

He was told to either take it off or go home. He chose to go home. The explanation from school officials was that they feared it would inflame tensions which were already running high at the school.

druid
02-19-2003, 03:50 PM
funny bush didn\'t coordinate 2 jumbo jets to fly into massive skyscrappers. maybe they should have sent him home to the middle east. sounds like he would fit in.

EXIT63
02-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Sent him home huh....What should\'ve happened is the students should\'ve beaten him to a bloody pulp.

Elana
02-19-2003, 04:24 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bivonic
02-19-2003, 04:25 PM
anti-bush shirt - SACRILEGE - I love Bush /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

druid
02-19-2003, 04:28 PM
i no bush fan -- but the man is not an international terrorist. It really pisses me off. We let so many people into this country, which I have no problem with. But some just come over here and wanna bring our country down to the level of the sh-t hole they left. I mean if they are so anti-american why the fcking hell would they come here. Probabbly on an H1-B visa.

Blackwidow_Woman
02-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Oh man , Dearborn high school in Michigan is not the place to do that.. I use to live down by that area along time ago and it has since gottin sooooooooooo much worse.. I know all those areas down there all to well......

Whitehall
02-19-2003, 04:48 PM
I heartedly disagree with the young man but will endorse his right to say it. His message is incorrect, rude, and just plain wrong, but it is political in nature and utterly protected.

bivonic
02-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Here\'s a point to bring up, hypothetically speaking let\'s say the school allows this student to wear the controversial shirt & then a group of kids beats the piss out of him. Parents sue school for letting their son wear that shirt in school, who would win that lawsuit?

Watcher
02-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Freedom of speech vs a evenhanded approach to someone inflaming tensions. Could be flaming material.
I think if bill clinton was in offical perhaps a different approach would have been taken (CIA assasinate saddam husieen and make it look like the kurds did it or something)

bundyburger
02-19-2003, 05:57 PM
I really don\'t think Saddam would be easy to get to. Just look at him! He\'s been sh!tting bricks for more than a decade. He\'s hardly seen in public. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

EXIT63
02-19-2003, 06:51 PM
If Clinton was president, we would\'ve surrendered on September 12th.

druid
02-19-2003, 07:04 PM
saddam has a double. I even heard a rumor that he might have 2 doubles.

Gerund
02-19-2003, 11:51 PM
Heard a news report a couple of days ago that said he may have as many as six doubles -- which would seem appropriate for his well-deserved paranoia~

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2003, 07:23 PM
A judge with any sense would throw it out of court. The case lacks merit. The school would win.

Watcher
02-21-2003, 02:47 AM
Try 150+ doubles fools satelitte photos that can see him from space.

belgareth
02-21-2003, 07:09 AM
Isn\'t a judge with sense an oxymoron? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif