PDA

View Full Version : Natural treatments

Elana
02-19-2003, 12:39 PM
I have been reading so much about the beer treatment to make hair full of body and bounce. I am going to try it tonight. I am taking 1/2 cup flat beer and putting it into a spray bottle. Spray it all in. I am not using any potion 9 or gel. It is supposed to work as a setting lotion too. I\'ll let you know how it works.

What other natural treatments do you all use for your hair and skin?

bivonic
02-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Elana, no need to take a nice can of fresh beer & allow it to go flat just to put in your hair, I got plenty of stale beer on my basement floor, just come on by & we can do some naked beer slides, I\'m sure that would get enough of that stale beer in there, plus you could get the multi-brew treatment with 9 essential different brews from various countries.

Elana
02-19-2003, 12:44 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif That\'s funny /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
You try it first and let me know how your hair turns out. If it works, I\'ll give it a shot.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Let\'s help him. Let\'s go over to his house and have some fun Bivonic Tossing.

Elana
02-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Perfect. That way we can have him try out the mayonnaise body wrap for us. I happen to know he has some good snacks over his place. Peanut butter, chocolate, whipped cream.....Let\'s go have a party!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 01:11 PM
We\'re gonna toss him in old beer, wrap him in mayonnaise, then put whipped cream, etc all over him?

Then what? Roast him over a slow spit? \'cause I ain\'t eatin\' that. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Elana
02-19-2003, 01:13 PM
<<Roast him over a slow spit? \'cause I ain\'t eatin\' that.>>

Sounds good to me! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bivonic
02-19-2003, 01:18 PM
<<Then what? Roast him over a slow spit? \'cause I ain\'t eatin\' that. >>

You don\'t have to swallow, just lick & spit, no worries.

Elana
02-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Have you ever once heard FTR or I complain about swallowing?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 01:22 PM
I ain\'t lickin\' that either.

I\'ll watch if you want to. :P

Elana
02-19-2003, 01:23 PM
We are actually still on subject. That\'s a natural beauty treatment. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
02-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Beer review

Pros- My hair looks spectacular. It is so huge./ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif The curl\'s are bouncy and it is shiny and looks amazing. I didn\'t use anything other than the beer.

Cons- It feels a tad bit crunchy, like if you were to use a strong hold gel, and I still smell the beer even though everything I read said the smell will disappear.

From now on I will always have beer in my fridge, or I\'ll drop by bivonics and slide around on his floor.

bivonic
02-19-2003, 04:23 PM
welcome anytime, so long as I can hold you upside down by your ankles! /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Potion #9 does that for me, makes bouncy shiny hair.

Now you\'re really every man\'s dream. He\'s going to think you really will turn into a sixpack and three of his best buddies as soon as he comes when he smells that beer hair. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Sebastian Potion #9 gives me shiny, bouncy hair. This is better??

Now you\'re going to have a guy thinking you really will turn into a six pack and three of his best buddies the second after he comes, when he smells that beer hair. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bundyburger
02-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Sounds like a Phero mix to attract Barney from the Simpsons. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

....mmmm.... \' Elana sliding around on the floor... \' /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

EXIT63
02-19-2003, 04:45 PM
...hair full of body and bounce...

I don\'t know about the hair...But it\'ll make my full belly bounce.

Sexyredhead
02-20-2003, 05:54 AM
This is something I do to my hair once or twice a year, usually end of summer when the sun starts to get to it.
Mix:
2 egg yolks--beaten
1 cup cheap mayonnaise (why waste the Blue Plate?)
3 tablespoons vanilla

Mayonnaise to add moisture to hair, eggs to add shine, vanilla to get rid of the mayonnaise smell.

Wash your hair, towel dry, then slather this stuff all over it. I\'ve got long hair, and this is enough to do all mine, usually. Put one of those plastic shower caps on over it, and leave it for half an hour. Then wash out with a clarifying shampoo. It makes my hair very soft, and very shiny. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
02-20-2003, 05:57 AM
Sounds great, but does it tend to weigh the hair down, or does it all rinse out clean?

EXIT63
02-20-2003, 06:11 AM
Yeah but how does it taste?

Elana
02-20-2003, 06:24 AM
With a side of toast, I\'m sure it would be delicious. Maybe bivonic could make his signature cheese and crackers to go with the dish.

Elana
02-20-2003, 06:30 AM
Renee- You know I am the biggest fan of Potion #9, but beer hair is even thicker, fuller, bouncier hair than Potion #9 hair. I still slightly smell the beer. I think I used way too much beer. Next time I will spray in about half the amount I did last night. I think I will do the beer treatment about once a week.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2003, 06:39 AM
Huh. That\'s amazing.

Ok, so here\'s a natural treatment for your hands. Mix about a tablespoon of cornmeal with about a tablespoon very light olive oil, and \"wash\" your hands with it, i.e., rub it all over both hands. Rinse in warm water. Pat dry.

Sexyredhead
02-20-2003, 06:44 AM
It rinses out fine from my hair, but I wash it twice when afterward with the clarifying shampoo. Doesn\'t stink like mayo either.
If you want, I\'ll do it this weekend and give you a more updated report. Last time I did it was September, I think.

And Exit, I\'d say it tastes great on fruit salad. But I\'m not a fan of mayo on fruit, personally, although some people are. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif
Mayo IS a side dish, dontcha know. lol

Elana
02-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Exact recipe for Origins Salt Rub

This is $28.50 a jar at the store.

1/2 cup sea salt
1/2 cup sweet almond oil (you can also use extra virgin olive oil but almond oil is nicer & rinses off more easily)
4 natural vitamin E capsules - Censored with a sterilized pin and squeeze contents into mixture
6 - 10 drops each of the following essential oils - peppermint, pennyroyal, orange, spearmint and rosemary (this combination is important if you really want to recreate the wonderful aromatherapy of Origins Salt Rub)

Mix all ingredients well and allow to sit for at least one hour before first use. Massage lightly into the skin with a light touch until you are used to it. Rinse skin thoroughly. No need to apply lotion after using this!