PDA

View Full Version : Some real quick & easy snacks

bivonic
02-18-2003, 11:56 AM
These may be too simplistic for the ladies, more like the laziman\'s guide to snacking.

List in order of complexity:

1. Cheese & Crackers
My preference is Vermont Sharp White Cheddar Cheese & Triscuit Low-Sodium crackers. Cut cheese & place on cracker, buy some soppresata or other spicy meat to get your Meat, Cheese & Crackers.

2. Ham & Cheese
Buy sliced ham & soft cream cheese.
Spread cream cheese on ham & roll up & then slice into 1/2\" rolls

3. Nacho\'s bivonic style
Buy Tostito\'s, pepper jack - monterey jack cheese, hot salsa (I prefer Hot Pace Picante sauce), sour cream & jalapeno peppers. Slice jalapeno peppers (wash hands after putting them in a bowl to get hot juice off fingers), slice pepper jack cheese, put chips on a plate, lay cheese on chips & jalapeno\'s on cheese, put in microwave & watch it until the cheese melts, don\'t let it bubble. Then add picante & sour cream to taste.

4. Stuffed mushrooms. Buy a pack of mushrooms, look for white shrooms with good size caps. \"Pluck\" stems off shrooms & dice up stems, cook in a frying pan with butter, add breadcrums & a little buttermilk spice it to taste, I like adding black pepper & cayenne pepper, fill mushroom caps surrounded by foil to capture juices & put in oven like 350 for 15-20 minutes, I generally just keep an eye on them until they are done, be sure to let them cool a tad or you burn your mouth, you might want to cut the 1st one & test it. (Buttermilk is key).

5. Homemade french fries, buy potatoes a good sized Wok, & safflower oil (I think that is the good kind). Put oil in Wok & turn heat on low to medium. Wash potatoes, remove \"eyes\", have a bowl of salt water ready, cut potatoes in half long wise & then each half into thirds long-wise (leave skin on potatoes), then soak in water, place wedges in oil & cook until golden brown, remove & put in a basket loaded with paper towels, I prefer to put on some XXtra spicy Habanero spice on top of wedges & serve with Ranch dressing. (goes great with my wings below)

6. bivonic\'s best wings ever
buy regular chicken wings fresh, cut off tips & discard, cut off wings & use both pieces, boil for like 10 minutes or until cooked. Buy buckman\'s best suicide sauce (it\'s not as hot as the name implies), you can get it at peppers.com. Get a charcoal grill going do not need that many coals, you want a low heat to be generated. Marinate cooked wings in buckman\'s best wing sauce overnight preferably. cook wings being sure to reapply sauce when cooking & turning. Serve with the usual celery & carrots as well as ranch or blue cheese, goes really good with the homemade fries mentioned above. I\'ve never cooked these without getting RAVE reviews from those that tried them.

Elana
02-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Bivonic darling.....make sure you find a woman that can cook. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 12:43 PM
<snort> <slapping the desk, laughing>
Numbers 1 and 2 ... help me, I can\'t breathe. waaaa-hahahahahahaha

Elana
02-19-2003, 12:45 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
FTR- STOP!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif ROFLMAO
Be nice to the poor bachelor boy.

Gerund
02-19-2003, 12:47 PM
I\'m pretty sure Pop Tarts are a food group, aren\'t they? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
02-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Wow...that could be a fancy dessert. Toast one Poptart and add a scoop of vanilla icecream.
Wa la. Pretty damn sophisticated. I\'ll post the entire recipe shortly

bivonic
02-19-2003, 12:51 PM
<<Bivonic darling.....make sure you find a woman the can cook. >>

I think you mean a woman who can cook healthy, now if you read the post, you would see this is the \"laziman\'s survival guide to cooking\" or something along those lines, I didn\'t mean to impress the budding-female-forum-member-Julia-Child\'s-in-training with my simplistic cures to hunger /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif. Now you know why I eat out for most of my meals, a staple diet of the above would make me fat, oh yeah FTR already thinks I fall in that category /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Elana
02-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Oh baby....don\'t take it the wrong way. Sit down and let me fix you a Liptons Cup of Noodles with a slice of toasted Wonderbread /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Fall flat in which category? Eating out?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Elana? No Velveeta on that Wonder bread? C\'mon now. Let\'s have a real white trash cookin\' lunch! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Elana
02-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Velveeta melted in the microwave with a jar of salsa......fancy shmansy

bivonic
02-19-2003, 01:50 PM
They stole that recipe from me those bastages!

bundyburger
02-19-2003, 02:20 PM
I can now officially cook!!

Cooked up beef macaroni two nights ago! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Third time in about 2 months. Got it perfect now. ...maybe a smidgen too much garlic. Taste terrific but I can smell the garlic coming out of my pores. <yek> And only used 1 and 1/2 cloves/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

Has anyone got a really good lasagne recipe??

Elana
02-19-2003, 02:33 PM
You go Chef Bundy!
I think we are going to have to have a cook off with Chef Ivan, Chef Bundy and or course our one and only Chef Bivonic.

franki
02-19-2003, 02:37 PM
I have to admit even these guys are real cooking geniuses compared to me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

bivonic
02-19-2003, 03:44 PM
All this talk about tasty food & cookoffs, got me in the mood to write a song for Elana, it goes something like this...

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause I speak of the pompitous of love

People talk about me, baby
Say I\'m doin\' you wrong, doin\' you wrong
Well, don\'t you worry baby
Don\'t worry
Cause I\'m right here, right here, right here, right here at home

Cause I\'m a picker
I\'m a grinner
I\'m a lover
And I\'m a sinner
I play my music in the sun

I\'m a joker
I\'m a smoker
I\'m a midnight toker
I get my lovin\' on the run
Wooo Wooooo

You\'re the cutest thing
That I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree
Lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey all the time
Ooo-eee baby, I\'ll sure show you a good time

Cause I\'m a picker
I\'m a grinner
I\'m a lover
And I\'m a sinner
I play my music in the sun

I\'m a joker
I\'m a smoker
I\'m a midnight toker
I sure don\'t want to hurt no one

Wooo Woooo

People keep talking about me baby
They say I\'m doin\' you wrong
Well don\'t you worry, don\'t worry, no don\'t worry mama
Cause I\'m right here at home

You\'re the cutest thing I ever did see
Really love your peaches want to shake your tree
Lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey all the time
Come on baby and I\'ll show you a good time

Elana
02-19-2003, 04:13 PM
That\'s some fantastic song you wrote for me. I bet that Marshmallow fluff and peanut butter creation you made really fueled you with the creative juices to create such a masterpiece. I am honored. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

EXIT63
02-19-2003, 04:19 PM
You know...A sandwich is a sandwich.....But a Manwich is a meal.

bivonic
02-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Yep I invented that fluff w/ pb sandwich, I call it a fluffer-nutter, the nuttier the better - you\'d be surprised how it gets those creative juices flowin\'

Elana
02-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Exit...that is profound.

Mtnjim
02-19-2003, 05:43 PM
\"Yep I invented that fluff w/ pb sandwich...\"

So much for Elvis.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 07:53 PM
HA! You don\'t know good food. Deep fried Fluffer-nutter. NOW we\'re talkin\'.