PDA

View Full Version : The special "Seadove" tomato meat filling

seadove
02-18-2003, 04:28 AM
INGREDIENTS

1. 500 grams of fresh young calf meat, ask for the shoulder part, as little fat as possible, and minced TWICE in the butcher\'s mincing machine.
2. 10 medium-large fresh tomatoes, cut the top 15% off and throw away, scoop the inside juice and pulp of the tomatoes into a bowl to be used for preparing the sauce.You now have 10 tomato empty cups.
3. 2 medium-large onions, cut into very small pieces.
4. 8 teeth of garlic, also cut into very small pieces.
5. Olive oil, I used a very low non cholesterol from Crete, Greece, Less than 0.25% acid content.
6. Table Salt.
7. Black pepper.
8. Oregano.
9. Chilly, the kind you get as a suppliment in any Pizza parlor, I used one small packet of Dominoes Chilly.

THE MEAT PREPARATION :

Before you start, heat up your oven NOW to about 220-250 degrees Centigrade.
Mix the meat together with the onions and the garlic, season a bit with salt and pepper, and then fry the meat preparation in a frying pan, using a little Olive oil so it won\'t stick.Fry for about 10-15 minutes under a low fire, always mixing the meat preparation with a large spoon till you see it\'s ready and it smells nice.

THE SAUCE PREPARATION

Mix the juice and pulp that was scooped out of the tomatoes with a bit of pepper, salt and oregano, and add the chilly in, make sure you stir well, check out the smell to make sure it has a pleasent chilly smell.

FINAL PREPARATION.

Fill the tomato cups with the fried meat preparation to the top and place them carefully into a Pyrex heat-resisting container.Pour the sauce onto the tomato fillings, Pray for success, and place the pyrex container into the oven which is by now hot and ready.

Roast for about 50-60 minutes until the delicious smell drives everyone in the house crazy.

Serve and eat well.

Bonne Appetite !!!

/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2003, 04:48 AM
Yum.

seadove
02-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Why don\'t you try it Renee.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Lucky
02-18-2003, 06:55 AM
I\'ll try this recipe, it looks good. What is this \"Chilly\"? Never got chilly in a pizza parlor, do you mean red pepper flakes?

<Chilly, the kind you get as a suppliment in any Pizza parlor, I used one small packet of Dominoes Chilly.>

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2003, 07:27 AM
If I could get to the grocery store, I would. Sometime after the snow, maybe.

Lucky, he means \"chili.\" Red pepper flakes.

Elana
02-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Yummy! I am going to make it, but with ground Turkey. I don\'t like to use veal.

EXIT63
02-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Ya know, the way they raise those turkeys.....is not that much different than veal. Except for the chains.

Elana
02-18-2003, 07:59 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif For real? Don\'t go into detail.

Sexyredhead
02-18-2003, 08:03 AM
I won\'t use veal either. Can\'t stand the way they\'re raised.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2003, 08:04 AM
I\'ll eat it in a heartbeat. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

seadove
02-18-2003, 08:18 AM
I guess you can spell chilli also like that.In every pizza parlor they have tabasco sauce but I don\'t recomend it, it\'s too hot.I think it.s flakes.But a small red pepper can be used, cut in very tiny pieces.

I cant guarantee success with a different meat though.It works fine with calf meat.I bought Kosher meat.

enjoy
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gerund
02-18-2003, 11:27 AM
I think the calves, oops, I mean \"veals,\" are pretty much indifferent to the way they\'re raised. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Lucky
02-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Seadove,
What I wondered was if you meant chili powder? Thanks for clearing that up.

seadove
02-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Lucky
If you want your sauce to be a bit more reddish you can add also a bit of tomato paste, say about one and half table spoons.

Let me know how it came out.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

seadove
07-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Guys, guys, guys.....

At least my recipe is original cooking made and designed m,y yours truly.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif