PDA

View Full Version : Muchas gracias!

Briela
02-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Bruce,

Thank you ever so much for the prompt and full service that you deliver. It was my first order, and I was exceedingly impressed with the high degree of attention to detail that you paid with respect to both pre-delivery, and delivery of the goods. It is rare to find such in today\'s environment. Thank you once again for your exemplary effort!

Bruce
02-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Briela,
You are welcome. If nothing else, we try to keep the communication lively. Thanks for the kind words.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Read your bio. Another New Yawka (that was supposed to be a Jersey accent) :-) Looks like you ought to fit in around here pretty well, and I mean that in a good way. :-)

Big hug,
Bruce

Briela
02-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Thank you for the welcome, Bruce. You should be proud of your efforts, both with your online store and the forum. I\'m quite impressed, and believe me that\'s quite difficult to do! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don\'t sport the \"New Yawk\" accent. I was born in upstate NY... you know, the place that has pop instead of soda, people say \"ah\" instead of \"a\" or \"o\" and we actually know what constitutes a real snowfall (2-4 inches is an inconvenience...10-20 inches, now that\'s a good snowfall!).

By the way, I noticed that the warehouse is in Colorado?! I was in Fort Collins for grad school. I miss the summers there, but can\'t say as I miss the winters... they never plow!

Thanks again for all your efforts and the great welcome!

Bruce
02-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Briela,
I live in Eugene, Oregon now and we don\'t see any snow here. The warehouse is in far Western Colorado (North of Grand Junction). Far warmer than Fort Collins I would think, though I\'ve only been there in Spring and Summer. I spent quite a bit of time in Denver years ago. Also, not a bad climate; little smoggy sometimes though.
Bruce

Briela
02-16-2003, 11:02 PM
I hear Oregon is a beautiful place, and would love to visit that area sometime. I actually have a cousin that owns a vineyard in Oregon. Building quite a nice reputation and won a couple of competitions for his wines, or so I hear.

Actually, Grand Junction is not that much warmer than Ft Collins, but they definitely don\'t get as much snow! Since you lived in Denver at one time, you well know how those fronts come over the mountains and dump all their precip\' as they hit the foothills on the other side!

I agree about the smog. That capping effect Denver experineces can make the smog as bad there as in Los Angeles! BLECH!!!

Sexyredhead
02-17-2003, 06:32 AM
I lived in OR for 9 years, and in Springfield for two of them. I think it rains more in Eugene than it does anywhere else in OR. We used to joke after we left Springfield that you could pick any random day to check the weather, and it would be raining in Eugene. Nice town though. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

ladysadness
03-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Hola,
Not even a single word of espanol in here. Not that Me (I) speak good espanol, Me (I) don\'t. But you think if it started out Muchas gracias; somone one would be speaking a un poco espanol in here. un poco (a little).

Anyone speak espanol here?

franki
03-06-2003, 07:10 AM
Hola, que tal?

Franki

Elana
03-06-2003, 07:11 AM
bien gracias

franki
03-06-2003, 07:14 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

ladysadness
03-06-2003, 07:16 AM
bastante bien.

ladysadness
03-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Y tu? Yo para (to ask you)

franki
03-06-2003, 07:30 AM
Had to look this up in a dictionary /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif (my knowledge of spanish is very limited) :

\"Soy aceptable.\"

Don\'t know if it is good spanish...

ladysadness
03-06-2003, 07:36 AM
mine is un poco of espanol my self.

ladysadness
03-06-2003, 07:45 AM
I am so proud of my self. I pratice on my computer how to say these words...
and this one was hard... and i finally got it!

(Bueno, ya me tengo que ir)
Well, I have to go now

Maybe Yo can speak un poco espanol with out being afraid....

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Hay mucha gente aqui quienes hablan muchas linguajes, no solamente Espanol. Porque vienes aqui para practicar escribir Espanol? Escritamos aqui en ingles. A caso alguien quizara hablar contigo de pm in espanol, pero aqui hablamos inles, porque la gente aqui todos intienden ingles.

Elana
03-06-2003, 08:21 AM
Yeah! What she said /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Mtnjim
03-06-2003, 11:20 AM
One thing about SoCal, it\'s a second language. Also French, Italian, German & Greek. (I would also put in English-English, but I don\'t know if that would be allowed)

ladysadness
03-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Okay now, Y don\'t know if Y said early Y speak un poco en espanol. Not like you; not yet.

Usted habla muy bien el espanol.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Vivi en Espana quando era nina y entonces in Puerto Rico. Yo soy boriqua en mi corazon. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Mtnjim
03-06-2003, 12:27 PM
To quote myself,\"One thing about SoCal...\"

Except, a lot of people here Anglo AND Mexican use \"Spanglish\" a lot.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2003, 12:33 PM
I love Spanglish. It\'s amusing to listen to.

Gerund
03-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Como esta frijoles?

Briela
03-06-2003, 04:00 PM
FTR, you write beautifully in Spanish! It\'s a gorgeous language (both spoken and written). It\'s been so many years since I\'ve done either that I\'m way too rusty to do more than just get by. But I still have the ability to read it spot on, strangely enough. How long a duration were you actually in Spain and Puerto Rico when you were young?

**DONOTDELETE**
03-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Favor que me hace.

Spain ages 7-11, then we moved straight to Puerto Rico, 11-13. While we were in Spain, I only spoke English in school. We had a maid/nanny who only spoke Spanish and my parents were mostly not home, so it was speak Spanish or don\'t speak, make friends with Spanish kids or have no friends. You pick up fast under those circumstances. Then I took Spanish in school from grades 7 up. I still understand 99% of what I hear or read but I don\'t speak it very well anymore since it\'s been so many years. But it was a big part of my growing up, made part of me Latina for sure. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif