PDA

View Full Version : Oysters an aphrodisiac?

bivonic
02-16-2003, 05:06 PM
I was under the impression they are just salty & make you drink more, any truth to any aphrodisiac qualities or urban legend?

bivonic
02-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Hmmm, might have answered my own question:

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20030215/D7P6P8MG0.html (\"http://apnews.excite.com/article/20030215/D7P6P8MG0.html\")

frenchie
02-17-2003, 02:35 AM
hi Bivonic,
I read the article you mentionned. It\'s interesting. Here in France, most people who love seafood will tell you it is aphrodisiac, whatever the chemical point of view.
It\'s not just about filling your stomach with good food and good wine... eating seafood calls all your senses out : you look at it, you touch it, you smell it, you taste it. And you have images of seaside, beaches, etc... A complete pleasure indeed !!

I personally prefer seafood all natural and raw, very simple. But I\'m french, and french people eat strange things such as alive oysters. God knows it\'s good !

Stop ! I love it so much I go crazy when I think of it. Sometimes we don\'t need science !!

Frenchie

MadMaxx
02-17-2003, 05:26 AM
I read an article in a men\'s magazine. It said they were, but not for the reason that some people think. They said it was the zinc in them. At the time I had no sex drive, so I ate a can or two of smoked oysters and popped 10 mg of zinc. I got off 3 times that evening. However, my test was far from properly done, since I ate the oysters and popped some zinc. But something sure as hell did something to me. I figure it was one or the other or both, and I have trouble imagining it being a placebo effect.

SonnyBlack
02-17-2003, 10:21 AM
you got it right maxx....oysters contain high amounts of zinc which as you guys know works to raise testosterone...

DrSmellThis
02-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Eating oysters signifies a woman is an excellent lover, because if she can put those things in her mouth and swallow, she can do so with anything.

Sexyredhead
02-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Sadly enough, I can swallow \"anything\" as you put it, and gladly, but I\'ll throw up oysters all night long. I don\'t mind the taste, but apparently my stomach can\'t abide the little suckers. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2003, 03:02 PM
That\'s a good excuse, I\'ll have to remember that one. Except I think he\'d be upset if I called it \"the little sucker.\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

franki
02-17-2003, 03:07 PM
What about those Rolexes. I bet if you wear a Rolex Oyster watch of $6000 that it also works as an aphrodisiac to some women. (No offense to women!)

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
02-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Maybe if you refer to all the millions of little suckers involved. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2003, 03:31 PM
As long as you don\'t insist I swallow it.