PDA

View Full Version : Who Likes Fondue?

EXIT63
02-16-2003, 11:02 AM
Ya know...I haven\'t fondue in almost 30 years. Does anyone still make it. I guess it was more of a 60\'s, early 70\'s kinda thing. Whenever my parents threw a party, which was at least 5 times a year. They would always make fondue. And homemade pizza. I still remember the coffee from that big 30 cup percolator.(It was the only time my mom would buy half&half).

Whiskey sours, Tom Collins, and BANNANA Daquiris. Of course all I got was the what remained at the bottom of the glass left on the coffee table.

And remeber those giant ashtrays? How times have changed.

And what about those BIG console tvs with the radio on one side and the phonograph on the other. Man, that was the $hit. Nothing better than the strains of Procol Harums Conquistador blaring through those speakers.

Anyway, does anyone still make fondue?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Fondue\'s back, actually. I saw fondue sets for sale, new, not too long ago. You can buy the old ones from back in the day in any junk store for less than 5 dollars, missing most of the forks. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Two restaurants in town have fondue on the menu. And a wedge of iceberg lettuce with mayonnaise on the side as a side dish -- how 50\'s is that??

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 11:45 AM
Ummm, when was mayonnaise NOT a side dish (asks the girl who lives in MS)? And down here, butter is considered a dipping sauce--even for pizza, although I don\'t go there. lol

Christmas party for 2001 was a fondue party. And my boss got a fondue set from Target for Christmas--too late for the party, but it caused a laugh. (The giver didn\'t know about the fondue party.) We searched the net and the dusty aisles of the library, and came up with some good recipes--everything from main dish to dessert.
Also, isn\'t there a restaurant chain up north (The Melting Pot???) that specializes in fondue?

Blackwidow_Woman
02-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Speaking of way back then, 50\'s and 60\'s style restraunts are cool does anyone remember the old fashioned burgers and huge fries and milk shakes that 2 or 3 people could drink from.. bobbie socks and poodle skirts, we have a restraunt here called Don\'s Drive In,, stiil same old fashioned food huge massive burgers any way you want them big enough for 2 people to eat and massive fries , milk shakes that you can split one into three large glasses 50\'s and 60\'s music , old fashioned booths, swivel stools still at the main counter, waitresses in poodle skirts and boobie socks,, during the summer out side at the drive in park the girls still use roller skates to serve you and you get your try put on your window,, all this still to 50\'s and 60\'s music..and the colors are red in the dinner.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif its just so cool to go there and eat...Just like when we was kids... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

SwingerMD
02-16-2003, 05:43 PM
SRH,

<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Also, isn\'t there a restaurant chain up north (The Melting Pot???) that specializes in fondue?

<hr></blockquote>

Yes we have one of them, \"The Melting Pot\", up here in Seattle. I haven\'t been there myself, but a good friend of mine has been there. I also heard it\'s pretty expensive.

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Never been there either. Just remember passing it often in OH on the way to something else.

I thought you were in OR, not WA. Must be remembering something else...

BassMan
02-18-2003, 06:32 AM
<blockquote><font class=\"small\">In reply to:</font><hr>

Yes we have one of them, \"The Melting Pot\", up here in Seattle. I haven\'t been there myself, but a good friend of mine has been there. I also heard it\'s pretty expensive.

<hr></blockquote>Expensive indeed. Good, tho. We have one in Orlando. Haven\'t been in years.

bivonic
02-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Okay I don\'t want any sudden movements, but I am taking control of this thread, this is an official thread Hijacking, I want everyone to remain calm &amp; no one will get hurt, capish?!

My Elana Sex Sundae (M.E.S.S. for short)

Ingredients:
- 1 large heaping of bivonic &amp; starve him from sex (any type of stimulation - no cheating!) for a week &amp; starve from food for 24 hours
- 1 full bodied scoop of Elana &amp; starve her from sex (any type of stimulation - no cheating!) for a week &amp; starve from food for 24 hours
- a length of rope strong enough (might actually need to use a linked chain as I am unaware of a rope strong enough) to be able to restrain the Elana ingredient given the state and condition of her mind from sex withdrawal
- hot chocolate sauce (5 different flavors varying in color, texture &amp; taste)
- hot peanutbutter sauce (better make it the creamy variety, don\'t want the chunks getting lodged anywhere)
- a gallon of the best vanilla ice cream on earth (suggestions?)
- a half dozen canisters of redi-whip whip cream
- a bunch of bananas (actually scratch that, we won\'t need any for this sundae, I\'ve got something larger, more firm &amp; flexible!)
- 2 cherries
- 1 waterbed set on the semi-firm setting (don\'t need too much motion)

Steps in order to assemble the M.E.S.S.:

1. Make sure both bivonic &amp; Elana have been given half day 5-star full body treatments at the best spa in the US (suggestions?) immediately before preparing the M.E.S.S. to ensure every one of their muscles are at their resting points &amp; that every inch of their bodies has been freed from any germs, dirt, stress or otherwise.

2. Have 3rd party (preferably female, any volunteers?) restrain Elana, as she will be serving as the platter for this M.E.S.S. to reside on &amp; since we all know she has no patience when it comes to matters of the libido (especially after being depraved for a week, it\'s like locking a guy up in solitary confinement for a week, you never can tell how he will react when he sees the light again)

3. To be continued....

Hahehahaha (maybe Elana can continue where I left off, since she will be having the majority of the stuff applied to her, she could start off by saying what the best limb bivonic should use in application of said ingredients, which ingredients to apply first, where &amp; in what quantities)

Thank you for your cooperation, you may now return to your regularly schedule content.

Elana
02-18-2003, 09:50 AM
STOP THE MADNESS!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
02-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Please don\'t hurt me Mr. hijacker! I just innocently walked in here because I was hungry and wanted to read about fondue! /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif

Elana
02-18-2003, 10:12 AM
OK, OK everybody move along. There is nothing to see here, let\'s go....keep moving /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bivonic
02-18-2003, 10:16 AM
How do I lock down a thread &amp; control who gets to view what goes on in here, hmmmm, &lt;flips through love-scent FAQ&gt;

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Bivonic\'s a big ol\' hairy perve, I think.