PDA

View Full Version : Facial products

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 06:45 AM
Skin bio\'s CP Serum (copper peptides compare to Neova), Efol Serum and Emu oil are a great combo. I have used many products. You only need a small amt of Emu oil and CP Serum. A little bit goes along way. I tried Skin bio\'s under eye cream. It is very dark and not appropriate for day use. Their Calypso oils are great and sexy too. Other techniques and products are Low Level Pulsed Light, I do monthly peels with 30 - 50% glycolic acid at home (takes about 3-5 minutes and easy enough to purchase on Ebay without going to a Healthcare practitioner) and I love Jane Iredale mineral products. She has a Bronzer ( So Bronze1 & 2) that is our of this world for a natural glow! She also has a 14K gold loose powder. Also don\'t forget lots of water and antioxidants! Ester C and Alpha Lipoic Acid are good choices.

Bruce
02-16-2003, 09:32 AM
I\'m really happy about these threads. I have been wanting to start one about face health stuff for a while. I don\'t really know much about it, but every now and then I buy a bunch of stuff and use it regularly until its gone and that always seems to bring some results. At 53 I can make good use of this stuff.
What I\'ve been doing:
a. Working out; which goes a long way to adding general muscle mass including muscles in the face and neck, as well as improving the health of the skin in other ways. Both improve the way you look.
b. I take handfuls of vitamins, antioxidants and herbs that are supposed to be good for you.
c. I put clay on my face every now and then, especially age spots or other yucky areas. After I wash it off, I put on some sort of vitamin oil or cream.
d. vitamin e oil and various other vitamin oils and lotions.

I think I\'ll try the CP serum.

Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 09:42 AM
I\'m surprised you\'ve been without it this long. It\'s the best thing I\'ve ever used and it\'s actually very economical. At the rate I\'ve been using it so far, it prices out to about $10.00 a month. For the best product on the market.

Acupuncture, tell me about the pulsed light thing.

Elana
02-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Another vote for CP Serum. I would never go without it now.

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 09:49 AM
How does the CP serum work on skin that\'s a little on the dry side? My skin is normal, but this time of year, it starts to flake a bit if I don\'t put some moisturizer on it.

Elana
02-16-2003, 09:51 AM
The serum is pretty watery. You could wear a moisterizer on top of it

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Ah, I was under the impression this was something you put on and washed off. Is it something you just put on up to twice a day, like a moisturizer?

Elana
02-16-2003, 10:04 AM
It\'s a thin green liquid. It can be worn under makeup...with or without a moisterizer. You can wear it in the day or night, or both.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Try to apply a small amt of Emu oil on after about 20 minutes. Emu oil is great and new research is very promising on its penetrating properties and ability to stimulate new collagen. It is loaded with EFA\'s as well. It does not clog pores and a small amt goes along way. I have acne prone skin so putting an oil on it made me very nervous but it has actually helped to prevent breakouts and my skin is clearer than ever. Skinbio has Emu oil but there are other places to get it. I get some of my essential oils from ATL in Canada. If you have the money try adding Rose Otto, Neroli and Sea Bucthorn to the Emu oil would give you about the best product you can imagin. I am an Acupuncturist and do Facial Rejuvenation using some of these techniques.
Life is a journey-
Karen

Elana
02-16-2003, 10:11 AM
I just can\'t get past what it is. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif I have also heard wonderful things about Emu oil. I know that it is popular for men trying to combat hair loss. It just grosses me out. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Ahh, if you only knew where they originally got cytokinins... If emu oil makes you queasy, makeup with cytokinins in it might do the same. lol It was originally discovered by autoclaving whale sperm.
Then again, if you don\'t mind \"facials\"....lol

franki
02-16-2003, 10:16 AM
\"Emu oil is great and new research is very promising on its penetrating properties\"

You should like that Elana! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Elana
02-16-2003, 10:20 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif@Franki

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 10:24 AM
I love facials. I\'d swim in it if I could. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

I didn\'t realize emu oil stimulated collagen turn over. Ok, ok, I\'ll put it on ...

SRH - I had surface dryness and actually some flaking, while still oily skin, a real pill to cure and it happens every winter - prior treatment I\'d used cost a good $150 for products from Origen - CP Serum in TWO APPLICATIONS (I still can\'t believe it) evened out the oil production AND took away the dry patches. It really normalizes your skin.

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Wow, that does sound good. I wash my skin too often for it to be oily. Haven\'t had acne problems in ages. The washing dries it out a bit though, although I really can\'t wash it any less.
Got a question though, since we were talking about makeup last night. When I wear makeup for long periods of time, I have this oily film that I have to blot off my face after several hours. I used to think this was due to oily skin, but I don\'t notice it if I don\'t use makeup. I guess I need to switch to a different kind of makeup, although I like the way the prescriptives covers. Any idea what\'s causing that?

Elana
02-16-2003, 10:32 AM
I don\'t know what is causing it, but CP serum will help stop it. It leaves your face with a matte coating and stop\'s oil.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 10:36 AM
That\'s what\'s considered oily skin. If you don\'t wash your face for four hours and you blot it, and oil shows on the blotting paper, your skin is oily. Which is good because you\'ll age more slowly. I think from what you\'re saying, the reason you only notice it when you\'re wearing makeup for long periods is that for that period of time, you can\'t wash your face. Right?

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 11:14 AM
That may be true. I am the world\'s worst at getting dirt/mud/goo on my face during the day, or just getting plain ol\' sweaty when I have a lot of greenhouse work to do, so I wash my face off a lot. I\'m more careful when I wear makeup, and don\'t touch my face much. But since it gets tight and flaky at times, I figured it was dry. Still, will the CP get rid of that?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 11:16 AM
Yes. No question.

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Well, then that does it. Gotta get it. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
02-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Can you get the CP Serum and Emu oil at the local health food shop, or do you have to get them online?
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Online is the only place I know. It says (I believe) this is the second generation of copper peptide products this inventor made. The commercial products now available that borrow from his patents borrow from the first generation preparations. So online is the only place you can get the most advanced (and the most concentrated) of the products.

www.skinbio.com (\"http://www.skinbio.com\")

Dr. Pickart is nice and will answer questions.

Bruce
02-16-2003, 10:03 PM
FTR,
I had a look at the order page. Which one(s) of those should I get? There is one that says for folks \"over 45\" (with retinol). How about that? How about the EMU oil ones? Which do you recommend?

Then what about the mood enhancer ones? I don\'t like patchouli except in small amounts. I like nutmeg, but that is in the one to attract men, isn\'t it? I\'m rather confused what to get.

Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2003, 10:34 PM
We\'re swearing by Copper Peptide (CP) Serum, Item 130, 4 oz for $36.95. Acupuncture (Karen), says Exfol Serum, Item #84 (1 oz size) or Item 85 (2 oz size) is good to use with the CP Serum, along with Item 121, Emu Oil S. You could get the sample sizes of CP Serum and Exfol Serum, Item 302, for $24.95 which gives you 1 ounce of each to try. For pheromones, why not try SB74 Stealth in either the lotion or in a Calypso oil. Apparently this one is unscented. I can\'t wait to hear a report about their pheromones. If your instinct says something else to you about the skin care products, write an email detailing exactly what problems you have with your skin and what you want to see improved, and Dr.Pickart will write back within maybe three days and tell you what to get, or you could call the 800 number and talk with someone live. That website is so busy it\'s hard to get your bearings but I love that he\'s so generous with his knowledge and eager to tell you everything. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Lucky
02-17-2003, 05:13 AM
Acu,
Where do you get a 50% glycolic acid product?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2003, 05:26 AM
Bruce

You might want to have them mix you up a custom oil with Sandalwood, Jasmine and SB74 Pheromone. They will do that. Sandalwood has a subtle wood/balsamic odor and is very comforting to women.Some traditional uses: to lift melancholy, enhance meditation, heal the skin, help breathing, for calming and reducing stress, restful sleep, disinfecting, as an aphrodisiac. Emotional profile: to relieve possessiveness, lack of forgiveness, cynicism, insecurity, loneliness, nightmares, dwelling on the past. My son has used the Jasmine and really likes that one. Women are attracted to Jasmine too!

As for the high Retinol product. I do use this alternately with Renova at night. It has a clay like green look to it and you would not be able to use this during the day. I am not crazy about this one but use it for the Retinol \"benefit\". CP Serum can be used day or night. It is a great product for everyone and seems to tighten and give an instant glow to the skin- especially when used with the Exfol serum.

As for Emu oil, I prefer a pure product. I buy my Emu oil direct from a manufacturer and if I need to I add a few drops of neroli etc.

Try to find a spa that does phototherapy (Pulsed Light). If not I can tell you where to purchase a LED light for home use for the same benefit. I have a lamp I used in my Practce and it is great! Many Acupuncturists are certified in Facial Rejuvenation as well. Most of the clients in our clinic were men.

Chinese Herbs are great for anti-aging stamina and vitality issues too!. Most of the good formulas you can only get through a Practitioner- for good reasons. Everyoe has to be assesse individually to see which herbs are best suited for them. Kan Herbals has a tincture Aging Solution which you can put in your tea. It is a tonic and should help in all aspects of your health.

Sorry to be so wordy...

Karen

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2003, 05:40 AM
http://www.giorgiomilanskincare.com/ (\"http://www.giorgiomilanskincare.com/\")
These are professional products at wholesale. Caution you will wait along time for your order. You can even order Renova here without a prescription. I get Neostrata 30 & 50% and alternate. Caution again. These are professional products. Use a lower % apply with cotton evenly, leave on for 1 minute and assess your tolerance. Do not do another peel for at least 10 days and then ease up time. Your face should look like a mild sunburn only and usually fades in 1 day. You can use aquaphor cream for those first days but nothing else after 3 days your fact should feel smooth again and will usually appear much brighter. Dermanew is a great product and can be done in conjunction with this as well. Hope this is helpful. Please be careful with these glycolic acid products as they are not buffered or only slightly buffered. What you have tolerated in an over-the-counter formula will not guide you in your selection for the potency.

Karen

Lucky
02-17-2003, 06:49 AM
Thanks, Karen. By the way, welcome to the forum.

I\'m wondering if the 50% would work on my legs. I spents lots of years tanning and have some sun damage (skin looks dry and crinkled) on my legs. Think that might help?

Bruce
02-17-2003, 05:12 PM
FTR,
Thanks. I jotted down all these item numbers and will get either the sampler packs or the full-size items you mentioned.
Bruce

Bruce
02-17-2003, 05:24 PM
karen,
I\'m going to ask them to make me up this pheromone brew too. I like sandalwood a lot, and jasmine too for that matter. Sounds interesting. Thanks.

I\'m also curious about the photo therapy thing. Is that something you can do to yourself at home while you are working on the computer? I spend hours in front of this thing, so I am always eager to find therapeutic things I can do to myself while sitting here. I have a back massaging chair, foot massager and state of the art air ionizer and filter. I used to have an assortment of brainwave machines and zappers I could hook up to while working. Lost them somehow in moving.

Bruce

Sexyredhead
02-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Ooh, you can get sampler packs? Where are they?

Bruce
02-17-2003, 06:18 PM
You have to pay for them. They are just an assortment of various products in smaller bottles. Maybe \"assortment pack\" would be a better description. All these products are at the same site FTR posted up a few posts.
Bruce

Sexyredhead
02-17-2003, 06:25 PM
I figured I\'d have to pay for them. I\'d just prefer the sampler pack to start with, if possible. They tend to be cheaper, and if I don\'t like the product, I\'m not stuck with the rest of the bottle. I didn\'t see them on the website--there\'s so much listed! I\'ll have to look around a bit more.

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
02-18-2003, 08:06 AM
I think it is item #302 for the sampler.

Bruce

Lucky
02-19-2003, 03:35 PM
Bump.
Where\'s Acupuncture? She left me hanging!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Oh! I was thinking about you yesterday and forgot to write it down. Benefit makes a cream called Sandal Scandal which is 10 percent AHA. 10 percent is hard to find and it\'s super effective. Put it on, then exfoliate. Those salt scrubs with oils are really nice for that, to use on your legs. Bath and Body Works and Origen have nice salt scrubs. But it doesn\'t really matter, you could use ... actually - there\'s a thing called a Buff Puff sold in drugstores that is an excellent exfoliator. A Buff Puff and Dove soap would work nicely, or whatever moisturizing soap you like.

And then a very rich lotion afterwards.

Sleep in the Sandal Scandal a couple of times a week, legs and feet, and exfoliate regularly, and that should help a lot.

Lucky
02-19-2003, 08:13 PM
What do you think about the Neostrata 50%?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Never heard of it. What is it?

Lucky
02-19-2003, 08:25 PM
That peel Acup was talking about early in this thread. I think it would take years of damage away. I want her to tell me how to use it. Does she show up often?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 09:35 PM
This is the first I\'ve ever met her. I hope she\'ll be back. I\'d like to know more about the peels, too, and especially about the pulsed light that you don\'t have to go to the doctor for.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Posted this AM- Not sure where the post is? Must be lost in cyberspace. Sorry for delay. Have 2 demanding tots and a Doctor husband who is neeever home... Here is what I think based on my own experiences. This is not designed to take the place of medical advise. If you haven\'t done a peel better to start with 30%. Procyte has pads which are not buffered at all. Neostrata is good and the bottle is pretty big. These are strong and designed for Spa and or Medical Professionals. If you decide to use, Start by applying to clean dry skin with cotton ball as evenly as you can. Time 1-2 minutes for the first peel. Working up to 3-5 minutes gradually (You should never leave on for more than 5 minutes), Space 7-10 days apart. After, You can use Aquaphor cream which is much cheaper than the Neostrata post peel cream ( Same stuff). Rinse with water or mixed solution of baking soda and water to neutrilize. If doing body parts best to just jump in bath or shower. Skin should look slightly sunburned but not blistered. You do not need to see irritation for the peel to be stimulating cell turnover. You can use Emu oil (3 days post peel) or The Protect & Restore body cream from skinbio (this would probably be best). Also the Dermanew is a must. http://www.dermanew.com/ (\"http://www.dermanew.com/\") It has the body attachments. Georgio Milan has the professional advanced crystal solution with the unit. However, Georgio Milan sells professional products at wholesale and profits from the money \"float\". You may wait 4-6 weeks for your products. They state 2 weeks but I have never gotten my order that fast.
Feel free to email me
Karen@WholisticCare.com (\"Karen@WholisticCare.com\")

Lucky
02-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Do you use the Dermanew device to apply the Neostrada cream?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2003, 04:09 PM
No. For the most part you would not be using Dermanew immediately after the Peels.These are unrelated products. One is a chemical peel, the other Microdermabrasion which uses a crystalized substance to slew away dead skin and stimulate skin renewal. I found that the Dermanew worked really well about 4 days after a peel. If you decide on the Dermanew do not do immediatel after a peel. Your skin needs to heal first (even if you dont see any visible signs of irritation).
To apply the glycolic you would use a cotton pad or if u decide on the Humma Pads, the solution is already on the pad. Apply sparingly but evenly. You don\'t need very much. Make sure u have\'t used any other products on the area that could potenitate the irritation. Time carefully and remove immediatly ie. jump in shower or bath. You could try 30, 50 and then 70% over a 6 week period or you could just use 30% and incease the time you leave it on. You always have time to go up with the stength later though do proceed cautiously. 1 Peel 1x a week for 6 weeks should work great. After that monthly would be enough. Also remember during this process to drink your water and take plenty of antioxidants, & EFA\'s (flax seed, evening primrose, Fish Oil). We have to heal from the inside first.
Hope this is helpful- If I am confusing you or leaving something out just let me know.
Karen

Elana
02-22-2003, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the info Acupuncture. While searching for Neostrata products on ebay, I ran across the peels too and have been tempted to try them at home. I used to spend a fortune at the esthetician office. I think I\'ll give it a try.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2003, 08:50 AM
I have gotten some products from time-to-time. I believe you can get the Dermanew there (Just make sure it comes with the advanced crystal cream). The only thing- check the sizes of solution. The professional bottle of Neostrata from georgiomilan is much bigger.
Good luck!
Karen