PDA

View Full Version : Facials

bivonic
02-15-2003, 03:59 PM
My \"big brother\" in my fraternity in college used to get facials pretty frequently, he did quite well with the ladies & I just dismissed it as some greek (his nationality) thing & didn\'t think too much of it.

A girl friend of mine recommended I try giving myself a facial & now I give myself one once or twice a week. I\'ve seen a real improvement in my complexion & I haven\'t had acne since. This is the routine I try to do as time permits:
<ul type=\"square\"> shave my face
boil some water &amp; put it into a wok &amp; put a towel over my head to create a tent for 5 minutes
wash my face with clearasil daily face wash
use a biore nose strip if I think I need it, maybe once a week or every two weeks
use biore facial cream, comes in a 6 pack, self heating, I tried the other stuff from a tube but I don\'t think it works nearly as well as the biore, my only knock against it is that I wish there was more cream per unit as I can only get a thin coat on my face, is that ok or should it be more then a thin coat?
pluck my eyebrows &amp; ears so I don\'t have a uni-brow
shower &amp; wash it off
I used to apply face toner like twice a day but didn\'t see much benefit, I\'ll try it again tonight
[/list]Questions: I also have fake cucumber slices that I used to put on my eyes, maybe I\'ll do that now, as I have some time to kill - do you see these as beneficial? Also anything good I can put in the hot water essential oils or &lt;gasp&gt; flower petals so I\'m not just subjecting my face to raw heat? Anything else you\'d recommend for a man?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Put the shave after the steam and wash. Your beard will be softer and it will take less effort to get a clean shave.

You could incorporate a scrub.

Try witch hazel as a toner.

No moisturizer/lotion?

bivonic
02-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Good point I have shaved after the steam &amp; it is much easier, I even believe I get a tighter shave. Yeah I left that out, not always, but sometimes I put Body Shop\'s Of a Man aftershave lotion, it feels &amp; smells great. Should I put a lotion on non-beard locations or would that just be too greasy?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Women are taught you should wear a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 6 always, all over your face and neck. What\'s your skin type?

Also - it\'s great your thinking about stray hairs - check your nose hair and trim if need be. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bivonic
02-15-2003, 04:22 PM
yeah my nose was a big problem, I always keep that in check. I\'m a fair skinned Irishman, about 3/8 Irish, 1/4 English, 1/4 French, 1/4 Italian, 1/8 Scottish

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Oily, normal, dry, combination skin? (combination is oily in the T zone=forehead, nose, chin, normal everywhere else)

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:25 PM
And what does this have to do with penises?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 04:26 PM
You KNOW what I thought this thread was gonna be about ... &lt;giggle&gt;

bivonic
02-15-2003, 04:27 PM
how about eyelids &amp; under the eyes, anything I can do there? I just looked at my top eyelids &amp; they are wrinkly, kinda gross looking, I put some skin moisturizer on them, but didn\'t do much.

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:27 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gifno....tell me

bivonic
02-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Elana baby I\'ll give you a facial, just the kind you like with my special white sauce - I may need your help bringing it to a boil though, I hear it\'s good for the skin &amp; helps your immune system, honest, but the only thing is if you don\'t get it 3 times a day then it backfires.

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Do you lay out in the sun?

bivonic
02-15-2003, 04:31 PM
in the summer time, too much snow to do that now, my hand turns very blonde with a lot of exposure, my buddies called me Sandy after I spent 3 months in Florida &amp; the carribean.

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:31 PM
If you have enough of the ingredients to give it to me 3 times a day, I will be a very happy client. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif If you\'re sure it will work, let\'s go for it.

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:33 PM
The sun causes wrinkles. If you want color use a self tanner. One coat of it and I look like I spent a week at the beach.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 04:33 PM
(Rotten child!) Ask you-know-who - I\'m not the resident expert and would hate to tell you wrong.

Bivonic. There must be ten thousand (no lie) eye creams. Never, ever go to bed without taking off your makeup first, and you should always wear an eye cream, 24/7. I\'m really liking the products at www.skinbiology.com. (\"http://www.skinbiology.com.\") Get CP Serum for sure. They have an eye cream, too. I haven\'t used it yet but will get it when what I have runs out.

bivonic
02-15-2003, 04:35 PM
I\'m not sure, I know I have the base ingredients, just not sure if I have that special ingredient, I know if I was motivated properly then I could mix the batch up real good &amp; tasty, the best part of the facials I give is there\'s no need to wash it off you can just use your tongue &amp; lick it off, actually that\'s how you apply it, you lick it &amp; suck it into your mouth then, you apply it to my special part of my body with your tongue &amp; then I give you that special face massage but I don\'t use my hands, you\'d have to use your imagination what I use, it is real soft too, feels great against your face &amp; then you lick it off &amp; swallow, hmm time to go out &amp; meet some RL babes, catch you tomorrow!

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:36 PM
I know it all so I will tell you that I disagree. I recently read from Paula\'s site that eye creams are no different then facial moisturizer. It is just a scam by the cosmetics company to get you to pay big bucks for those tiny jars. I do agree that you should ALWAYS wear moisturizer. I use the CP serum under my eyes. I\'ll look for that article about eyes creams and post it.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Well, I was sure *somebody* knew it all and it damn sure wasn\'t me. What I heard is, the only difference between eye cream and moisturizer is that eye cream has more oil/humectant/whatever in it - i.e., is stronger.

I use CP serum under my eyes too. I bet you\'re right, Ms. Know It All. He could just go CP Serum and be more than fine.

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Yeah....I want some of those facials

bivonic
02-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Okay I\'ll check out the CP serum, that\'s unisex I imagine? My skin is dry I guess, at least now that it\'s winter, Elana what self tanner do you recommend?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Use unscented Dove soap instead of Clearasil - or Cetaphil from the drugstore.

All skin care products are unisex -- the only difference is scent, if there is one, and most of the time that is so negligible it makes no difference. IMO

bivonic
02-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Yeah I use dove soap unscented in the shower, sure it\'s good for dry skin on the face though?

Hey Elama, I just put on Angel/m interesting scent, I smell like a hot fudge sunday.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Why else would I tell you that?

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:47 PM
The best self tanner I have ever used is http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC300&amp;PAGETYPE=S (\"http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/product.asp?CODE=PC300&amp;PAGETYPE=S\")

The best drugstore product is
http://www.tanforless.com/banboatdeepd1.html (\"http://www.tanforless.com/banboatdeepd1.html\")

They are both about the same depth of color, but the first one is hands down the best in consistency (it is a gel) and fading. It fades like a natural tan would. Banana Boat doesn\'t wear off as naturally

Coppertone Effortless color in Dark is also a good drugstore brand.

Elana
02-15-2003, 04:48 PM
&lt;&lt;I smell like a hot fudge sunday.&gt;&gt;

Yummy...I want to lick you all over

bjf
02-15-2003, 05:05 PM
do you guys think men look better with the fakish tan creme?

i know i can sometimes tell it is fake with women, but alot of times they look better. Some blondes overdo it however, need to do less

Elana
02-15-2003, 05:08 PM
The ones today are so good. If you think that you look better with some sun, then you would absolutely look better using sunless tanner. You just have to find the right one. If you want more info, go to www.sunless.com (\"http://www.sunless.com\") You will find tons of info along with product reviews of all of the tanners available.

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Ya know, I hate being so pasty-skinned, but most tanning creams make me look yellow--even the pale ones. Anybody ever find one that gives just a tinge of color without going jaundiced? FTR, ever find anything that works, or are you where I am?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 06:35 PM
If I were blonde and blue-eyed and lived in Florida like Elana, I\'m sure I would want tanner. My peers are office workers and we\'re all under fluorescents all day long and never take a full vacation to go to the beach anyway, so we\'re all pale all year and it\'s not an issue. I never have found a tanner that looked good on my face, but I think I look better without a tan. It\'s a matter of contrasts - for Elana with her light hair and eyes, tan\'s pretty. My hair\'s dark and my eyes are dark green, so pale skin is a nice contrast. And it\'s another one of those things I don\'t want to spend the money and time over. It\'s got to be done every 4-5 days.

Elana
02-15-2003, 07:02 PM
SRH- The two I listed are brown and not orange. The brownest one I have ever found is called Savage Bronze. It is a mouse and you can only get it at Sally\'s Beauty Supply.

bundyburger
02-15-2003, 07:04 PM
I\'ve always preferred red heads how they are. FTR is on track. Pale skin looks better on a redhead.Some hair/etc types sadly do look better with a tan, but I bet both of you look great without a tan. ** suck, suck, suck ** LOL

Elana
02-15-2003, 07:05 PM
I think pale skin looks better on a red head too. Especially a red head with dark hair.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Thanks, babe. I needed a compliment tonight. &lt;mutual stroke, mutual stroke&gt; /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 07:12 PM
I don\'t mean a tan. I mean basically a little more color. After I posted, I thought more about what I was trying to say. I prefer how I look in summer, when I\'m outside a lot. I wear the typical old lady floppy hat in summer, BECAUSE I\'m out a lot and don\'t like the pain of sunburns. However, I do need to use makeup that\'s at least a shade darker in summer, no matter how much I protect my skin. In the winter, I just look pasty white. So no, I don\'t want to be brown, just not quite so glow-in-the-dark-excuse-me-while-I-get-my-sunglasses-white. Does that make sense? So I\'m wondering if there\'s a product out there that can give me that hint of extra color without turning me yellow? I can\'t just use the darker shade of makeup in winter, because it just LOOKS like I\'m using a darker shade of makeup on paler skin--doesn\'t blend well with my skin at all.

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 07:14 PM
BTW, thanks. My ego just loves a good stroking. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Elana
02-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Go to www.sunless.com (\"http://www.sunless.com\") and use the product picker on the left hand side of the page. There are plenty products that will just give you a healthy glow. Alba is one that comes to mind.

franki
02-15-2003, 07:17 PM
LOL, Elana the beauty expert. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Franki

Elana
02-15-2003, 07:17 PM
I take my sunless tanning seriously. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 07:19 PM
SRH, what makeup do you wear, what colors where? Like what color scheme eyeshadow, do you do a two color or three color application, do you do monochrome eyes/cheeks/lips similar tones, or break it up? and what color undertone do you have, have you ever been colortyped? blue undertone or toward yellow?

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 07:19 PM
Ha! Oddly enough, that\'s the only one that came up on the search. lol I\'ll go to drugstore.com and check it out. Thanks!

Elana
02-15-2003, 07:20 PM
No way! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif See...it was meant to be

bundyburger
02-15-2003, 07:26 PM
I definetly hear you. There is a pastey white that somehow doesn\'t feel healthy or something ??? Like how girls and guys into the gothic look dress up. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
But on the other hand, any shade of skin seems to look good if you are healthy and have good muscle definition etc. Or are fit.

BTW There is a girl I know here that has jet black hair. She is tiny and has asian style eyes and white skin. She is absoluteley gorgeous. She reminds everyone of a china doll. Very pale skin looks great on her. (...and I found out once that she liked me too /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif )

Elana
02-15-2003, 07:30 PM
&lt;&lt;(...and I found out once that she liked me too )&gt;&gt;

Who wouldn\'t /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 07:31 PM
What Elana said.

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 07:42 PM
I prefer Prescriptives (more often than Estee Lauder these days) in Fresh Cream (winter), and I think Fresh Vellum (summer). I generally wear makeup in summer only to go out at night, because I work either in a greenhouse or a mist house, with many long walks outside between the two, and neither are conducive to makeup staying on for more than 26 seconds in the South in summer. I have two-tone eyes. Very dark blue on the outside, and the inside is blue, green, or gray depending on what I wear. Eyeshadow in golds, browns. Example: Often I use gold creme or brown shadow on my eyelids, with something like eggshell (about my skin color, but with a hint of shimmer) above that.\"Natural Glow\" blush from Cover Girl. My two fave lipsticks are Spiced Cider and Sultry Blush by Estee Lauder. Spiced Cider is a coppery red. Sultry Blush looks light brown, but has a hint of pink in it for color. Otherwise I tend toward rose-browns, and sometimes corals in spring/summer.
My skin tends toward yellow. Hair is auburn-red, not dark, not blonde, but I was born with strawberry blonde hair that got darker as I got older, so I get a little blonde in my hair if I\'m in the sun a lot during the summer.

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 07:43 PM
*Definitely* what Elana said. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 07:47 PM
I think that\'s the pasty white I\'m talking about. I\'ve been sick with one thing or another since a certain New Year\'s Eve party. There\'s a joke at school about a certain group of us needing to quit sucking face, since we\'re all getting the same thing at about the same time. On the other hand, I\'m in the gym for at least an hour at least 5 days a week. It\'s just that I\'m INSIDE so much \'cause we\'ve had so much rain this winter. I really can\'t wait till spring. Even as a baby, I would scream if you even turned to go back in the house! lol

bundyburger
02-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Oh shukks girls... /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

I was going to go for a hoon on the bike. But now I\'ll have to borrow a bigger helmet. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 07:51 PM
&lt;now I\'ll have to borrow a bigger helmet&gt;

Ahh, if only you\'d said \"bigger head gear\" instead. lol I\'d have been all over that one. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Did you color type as a yellow/orange?

If you stay away from blue undertones and do a monochromatic makeup, it seems to give your whole face more color and sort of the effect of being tanned, or at least it works for me. Does that make sense? See what happens if you come away from pinks or anything with any blue in it, and do your whole face tawny going toward brown,gold, no more red than copper.

The other thing is to use the darker makeup shade across the middle of your face, cheekbone to cheekbone, and then the lighter blending down toward your neck and up into your hairline.

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Yep, I typed as yellow/orange.
I can\'t wear blues or pinks on my face, at all. Look horrible on me. My eyes look red and my skin looks terrible. I go more towards warm colors now, and it does look better since I started using Prescriptives.
Didn\'t know about blending the two shades. I think I\'ll try that. Thanks, FTR.
Which products/shades do you wear?

bundyburger
02-15-2003, 08:00 PM
There is something about even a little exposure to the sun that makes me feel good. Almost feel myself absorbing it\'s energy. Giving my legs even a short dose on a warm day after a long winter can make skin feel better. &lt;aaaahhhhh&gt; ...and it gives that slight colour I think you mean.

Oh, and I may as well rub it in ...It\'s summer over here right now. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Elana
02-15-2003, 08:02 PM
&lt;&lt;Oh, and I may as well rub it in ...It\'s summer over here right now.&gt;&gt;

Big deal show off....it\'s summer in Miami year round. It was 84 F today. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Wicked, evil man!
Yes, that\'s the color I mean.
I\'m sitting here with all my windows open (it\'s not cold out) but if I go downstairs I\'m afraid the current will drag me under, from all the rain we\'ve been getting. I think my car\'s still down there somewhere. *sigh*
I can\'t wait till spring. Catnaps under trees or in sunny windows, barefoot frisbee, hikes, soccer season (yea!), hide-n-seek all night, hurricane parties....:)

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Hmm, may have to grab a guy or two and head to FL for a few days....

84 is one thing--is the sun out too? *hopeful glint in eyes*

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2003, 08:09 PM
I bought one of those monster boxes of makeup for $20.00 by The Color Institute from Hecht\'s and I\'ve been so pleased with it. It has four color collections - in each one, 6 shadows, a blush, two nail polishes, a lipstick, two glosses - four collections. Two of them work really well - the other two are just too blue. I wear Max Factor with permawear in Cream Beige #6 foundation and then all shades of auburn/copper/peach from eye shadow to lips, and it sort of makes an aura of warm glow.

Sexyredhead
02-15-2003, 08:16 PM
You know, I\'ve never tried either of those brands. I think the nearest Hecht\'s is in either Memphis or Birmingham, but I think there\'s a Max Factor counter a little closer. I\'ll check them out next time I\'m down there. Didn\'t know they had a line for redheads. Most brands really don\'t seem to.

bundyburger
02-15-2003, 08:32 PM
&lt;&lt;Big deal show off....it\'s summer in Miami year round. It was 84 F today. &gt;&gt;

And??? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
...I\'ve NEVER been able to figure F out. We talk in Celcius over here. So all I see is it was 84 (F)uk knows in Miami. LOL
F seems to be at a different linearity than C too. It\'s too confusing. ...plus my head is tooo swollen from before and not thinking proberly.

I have access to free board on the Gold Coast - Qld when I get sick of the winter, so i have that choice. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif
We don\'t get snow here though. Only in alpine areas.

Elana
02-15-2003, 08:38 PM
84F is about 29C

EXIT63
02-16-2003, 06:25 AM
...Catnaps under trees or in sunny windows, barefoot frisbee, hikes, soccer season (yea!), hide-n-seek all night, hurricane parties....:)

Gators, cottonmouths, diamondbacks, copperheads, coralsnakes, pygmies, fireants, cars on blocks, palmettobugs, rednecks, dirtbags, trailerparks, bungeejumps, etc, etc, etc....I\'d rather shovel snow.

EXIT63
02-16-2003, 06:28 AM
...I\'ve NEVER been able to figure F out. We talk in Celcius over here. So all I see is it was 84 (F)uk knows in Miami. LOL
F seems to be at a different linearity than C too. It\'s too confusing. ...plus my head is tooo swollen from before and not thinking proberly...

try this

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~asarver/111/p3/cToFtoC-form.html (\"http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~asarver/111/p3/cToFtoC-form.html\")

Sexyredhead
02-16-2003, 06:52 AM
&lt;Gators, cottonmouths, diamondbacks, copperheads, coralsnakes, fireants&gt;
Nah, they don\'t really get moving till summer. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

&lt;cars on blocks, palmettobugs, rednecks, dirtbags, trailerparks, bungeejumps&gt;
They\'ve got all that up north too, Exit. Well, except the true palmetto bugs, but up north, you make up in quantity what we have in quality. lol
&lt;I\'d rather shovel snow.&gt;
Me too--Then I\'d be OUTSIDE. lol Serioulsy, I love snow. I love the South \'cause it\'s pretty and green all winter (all the pine trees), but having grown up without snow, I loved it every time we got it in OH. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif