PDA

View Full Version : What is your center?

bivonic
02-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Not sure how to reword that question if you do not follow me. Think of the one value that is strongest in your soul. I know for me it is friendship - Whenever I get a call from a friend in need or one that wants to go grab a drink I almost feel obligated to help them out or go meet up with them. I rarely turn a friend down when they reach out. I\'d almost go so far as to say I put my friends needs ahead of my own, not quite but it\'s almost even.

Other people are church-centered, power-centered, family-centered, work-centered, pleasure-centered (popular one, probably my minor center).

Elana
02-13-2003, 04:36 PM
You, bivonic......you are my center. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

I even wrote a song about how much you mean to me.

You Are My Sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You\'ll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don\'t take my sunshine away

The other nite, dear,
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear,
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You\'ll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don\'t take my sunshine away.

I\'ll always love you
And make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me
To love another
You\'ll regret it all some day;

bivonic
02-13-2003, 05:28 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gifAwwwww/ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

Very Clever. That song sounds a little familiar though. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif
/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

<I\'m testing a theory with smiley faces that show tongue - focus on the tongue, the tongue is your friend, come towards the tongue, you are feeling a hap-piness inside you, you are slightly below me, the smiley tongues are generating a big warm hap-piness inside you>
/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 06:00 PM
I\'d be very happy to center on your tongue.

Elana
02-13-2003, 06:09 PM
<<I\'d be very happy to center on your tongue. >>

LMAO /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 06:12 PM
My center is authenticity. And Elana. You are the cutest, quickest, cleverest, sweetly funniest girl I ever met. I enjoy the hell out of you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Blackwidow_Woman
02-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Mine is pleasing and caring for others, making others happy.....

Elana
02-13-2003, 07:23 PM
I love you too, Renee! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bundyburger
02-13-2003, 08:38 PM
<<Mine is pleasing and caring for others, making others happy..... >>

That\'s me to a fault. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Blackwidow_Woman
02-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Its not a fault its just that once there happy im happy and that really warms the heart, gives me a real feeling of inner peace..

bundyburger
02-13-2003, 09:03 PM
<< Its not a fault its just that once there happy im happy and that really warms the heart, gives me a real feeling of inner peace. >>

Oh yeah, I agree, it\'s not a fault! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
For me I can be generous to people who treat me like sh!t sometimes. Give them a second chance when I probably shouldn\'t. It\'s easy to get hurt. That\'s the fault I meant.

If you looked up the attributes for Cancer you\'d find a picture of me next to it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Blackwidow_Woman
02-13-2003, 09:07 PM
> ( For me I can be generous to people who treat me like sh!t sometimes. Give them a second chance when I probably shouldn\'t. It\'s easy to get hurt. That\'s the fault I meant.)

I know that all to well..its when they take advantage of ya that hurts to..If i give them more than 2 chances shame on me... /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Wolfe
02-13-2003, 09:14 PM
love makes ya do things that go against that sometimes though (giving of chances)

Blackwidow_Woman
02-13-2003, 10:13 PM
aaaawwwww Wolfe,, for you im given and given and given.... hehehehe!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

seadove
02-13-2003, 10:55 PM
My center is :

J E R U S A L E M (and Elana, if bivonic will allow it, but I don\'t mind sharing her with FTR).

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bivonic
02-14-2003, 04:57 AM
I think there\'s plenty of Elana to go around, I\'ll share!

proteus
02-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Very interesting question. Belief in my \"SELF\" is my center

Gerund
02-17-2003, 12:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------
I think there\'s plenty of Elana to go around,
--------------------------------------------------------------

<giggle> How do you feel about that theory, Elana? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
02-17-2003, 01:11 PM
What the hell.....I\'m in a good mood /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
Elana for everybody....when you\'re done, just pass her to the next guy. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Whitehall
02-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Duty.

By looking at the world as a set of mutual obligations, one sees the role of trust and reciprocity in human affairs.

The result of counting my blessings is the realization that I\'ve gotten so much from others that I have in no sense earned. I feel a duty to give back to the world and to posterity. It makes the world go round.

bivonic
02-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Okay all of the Elana fondling aside, trying to get on topic...

When I started the thread I meant it to be like, what drives you, what is your inner power, what when confronted with any decision in life you always go back to.

So for someone money centered it\'s very easy for them to live their life. Which decision will yield me the most money, to hell with who it hurts, same thing for power, which will give me more power, pleasure centered - what will yield me more pleasure, work centered - what will further my career, working late everynight or being able to spend more time with my wife & kids.

Just want to make sure we\'re all on the same page.

Also just wanted to learn more about everyone /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

So based on the above, according Elana\'s response, any decision she has to make has to result in more pleasure for me, hate to sound like a broken record, but she\'s my kind of girl. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Lucky
02-17-2003, 02:13 PM
I can\'t decide between Responsibility and Family, maybe they are the same.

EXIT63
02-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Bush

Sexyredhead
02-17-2003, 02:50 PM
I\'ll probably get many eye rolls for this, but I\'d say God is my center. I try to do what I think is the right thing in any situation, whether or not I really want to do it, although I admit I don\'t always succeed. I don\'t always end up right, but I think if I go into a situation trying to do the right thing, hopefully others will realize it, and will treat me in kind.
Family and friends are also very important to me, \'cause family are the friends God gave you to start with and friends are the family God sends you as you need them.

DrSmellThis
02-17-2003, 02:51 PM
If you have an interest in philosophical ethics you should Check out the famous philosopher Alasdair MacIntyre\'s latest classic work about the interdependency of humans (\"The Dependent Human Animal\"). He is really brilliant, and was a strong intellectual influence for me.

Wolfe
02-17-2003, 04:12 PM
waking up in the morning

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2003, 04:15 PM
PENIS

bundyburger
02-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Is that your answer to everything??? /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2003, 04:25 PM
It is, actually. The ultimate solution. It never fails to make me happy.