PDA

View Full Version : What do women think of a man with glasses?

bivonic
02-13-2003, 10:21 AM
I generally wear glasses to work, at work & when I come home from work.

I\'ve started hanging out in the bars sans specs. I think 1st impressions matter a lot & women are too quick to judgement about a man approaching them wearing glasses. Major downside to this though is I cannot see women checking me out & initiate any eye contact from a distance. I\'ll probably get surgery when I get the funds together. I cannot wear contacts as my eyes are too sensitive, but I may try some of the newer ones they have out, it\'s been a while since I wore them. I tried the disposable ones about 10 years ago, I guess technology could have made them more friendly to those of us with sensitive eyes.

Anyway back to the point, call it a librarian fetish but I prefer women that wear glasses to those that do not. I feel if I can find a hottie wearing glasses it\'s like finding a hidden treasure.

franki
02-13-2003, 10:26 AM
I agree with Bivonic. Based on their first judgement women seem to give a lot more attention when I am not wearing my glasses. So I hope you ladies are honest and are not gonna say it doesn\'t matter. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 10:43 AM
I don\'t care.

It\'s said that glasses increase your perceived IQ by 10 points.

Wear glasses/don\'t wear glasses. I care about how you look at me.

bivonic
02-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Is there such thing as too smart, like \"clint eastwood\" affect is too Alpha-male? I guess it depends on how you carry yourself. My IQ was 136 about 8 years ago, I\'m probably less intelligent now though.

Elana
02-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Some guys look so adorable in glasses. I\'ve seen you mention in several posts that you wore your glasses to a bar, and I always get a visual of a really hot guy in glasses./ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gifIt makes no difference to me.

bivonic
02-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Here\'s a picture of me, I\'m famous:
http://www.venicebeachcalifornia.com/ (\"http://www.venicebeachcalifornia.com/\")

bivonic
02-13-2003, 10:58 AM
<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.vkn.com/valkilmer.jpg>Oops wrong one, this is me.</a>

bivonic
02-13-2003, 11:01 AM
<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.ciudadfutura.com/elcriticon/mcconaughey.jpg>Dang typo, this is me.</a>

Lucky
02-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Glasses don\'t bother me at all...sometimes guys wearing them look sexy and smart. But, I hate dorky looking glasses and the wrong frame on the wrong face.

bjf
02-13-2003, 11:06 AM
i think some women look so hot with glasses

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 11:18 AM
bivonic,

SHUT UP, YOU LIAR! rofl

Here\'s my picture:

http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/roger.htm (www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/roger.htm)

(that\'s without my glasses btw)

Blackwidow_Woman
02-13-2003, 11:36 AM
There is alot of guys that are very very sexy when they where there glasses and it dont matter to me at all if they where glasses or not.. i like the smile and they way they look at ya even thru them specks hehehehe!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Its when i cant see there eyes thru dark shaded glasses that bothers me so i ask um to take them off just so i can see there eyes.... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bivonic
02-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Me and the boys:

http://www.thedoors.com/img/gallery/selectphotos/pic4.jpg

Whitehall
02-13-2003, 12:13 PM
I need glasses only ocassionally for some uses like driving. Otherwise, I wear them propped on on top of my head so that I can get to them if I need them.

Am I cool, or what?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 12:14 PM
What.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Whitehall
02-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Thank you for the insightful response.

Sexyredhead
02-13-2003, 02:18 PM
It doesn\'t matter to me. Some guys look better with, some better without. It\'s just a different look. I agree the frames have to fit the face though.

Blackwidow_Woman
02-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Well i just want to say this all the things everyone askes about how we look or what we preffer or whatever i just want to say that no matter what we do like and preffer alot of things but,,, i am the type of woman who judges no one on the way they look or how they dress or the size of certian things,, you are you and if your being your self, that is whats important.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif sorry just being soppy today... mmmwwwaaaa!!!

bjf
02-13-2003, 02:59 PM
then what is \"The eyes and tattoos have all it takes,snakes, harleys, guns and wild critters does the rest.. \" supposed to mean?

Blackwidow_Woman
02-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Well thats my signature, i use that at all the sites i belong to...other than that my eyes are my soul and they lead straight to my heart... my eyes tell alot about me.. my tattoos are my art work, a given talent of mine that i was born with and to use and share with eveyone around me.. and all the rest is part of my life and the things i love and enjoy... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

upsidedown
02-13-2003, 05:31 PM
I had to get some glasses just for reading...and opted to go with bifocals. I\'m so deficient when it comes to fashion that I had my girlfriend at the time help me pick out my frames.

I tried on many and she gave the \"ehh\" \"OK\" type responses on a lot of them. Finally she had me try on some and she went \"wow!\" \"Oh wow..... Whew!\" and gave off the look like the frames on me were getting her hot and stunned...close to a DIHL type effect. This wasn\'t a put on act as a joke either...it was a legitimate \"wow\" response from her. So, we both agreed at that time that this was the pair of frames to go with.

We\'ve since parted ways, and I have no idea if other women react the same to them...but at least I feel she helped me make a better choice than I would have made by myself.

bundyburger
02-13-2003, 06:20 PM
&lt;&lt;Here\'s my picture: ... ....(that\'s without my glasses btw) &gt;&gt;

Wow FTR!! You\'re one one hot gal!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Weren\'t you in a movie many a year ago ??? Your face (ahemmm...yeah really, the face. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif ) looks familiar. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW I have glasses too. Hardly wear them though. They annoy my nose. For the same reason as bivonic, they seem to effect the attention I get, but like bivonic I too have trouble spotting eye contact without them though.
Hardly wear them out. I think I\'m good at chosing the right frames for my face, which I believe is the key.

Bivonic,
the disposable contacts I tried wearing a couple of years ago were good (Opticlear I think(??)). Took a couple of weeks for my sensitive eyes to get used to them( and putting them in!!). Otherwise they were good. Got lazy with them and haven\'t bought more of them since. Worth a shot. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif That Lasik surgery sounds really good these days. If you\'re LUCKY you can end up with better than 20/20.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 06:25 PM
No, that was Jessica Rabbit who was in the movie. But who do you think that character was created after?! Me, I tell you, it was me!

upsidedown
02-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Here I am with my sexy glasses. Ladies, please don\'t shower me with praise about how hot I am in my glasses. You know how easily I blush. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

http://halloweenscene.safeshopper.com/1/43.htm?660 (\"http://halloweenscene.safeshopper.com/1/43.htm?660\")

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 07:05 PM
Wheewwww boy.

Never mind the glasses. Can we talk about that tie???

I bet you look good nekkid.

upsidedown
02-13-2003, 07:09 PM
&gt;&gt;I bet you look good nekkid. &lt;&lt;

Yes, as long as you DON\'T wear YOUR glasses.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Tell ya what. Let\'s turn the lights off and we\'ll both look good. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Crystabell
05-28-2003, 12:47 AM
I think a man in glasses is very sexy. The man I have a big crush on whears them(as did my last boyfriend). I love them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bivonic
05-28-2003, 01:36 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I think a man in glasses is very sexy. The man I have a big crush on whears them(as did my last boyfriend). I love them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Hey Stranger! &lt;wink&gt;

Haheh. I had a rough one this past weekend, I lost my watch, my glasses &amp; my toothpaste!!! Lead me to believe someone ripped me off where I was staying?!

I never wear my glasses out anymore (very rarely), real big downside is I cannot check anyone out nor tell if they are checking me out from more then 5 feet away. I hear there have been some great advances in contacts, I have very sensitive eyes - maybe I\'ll give that another a shot. Funny thing is (I might have mentioned this before), when all of my girl friends see me wearing glasses on that rare opportunity they look at me differently (it\'s said to subconsciously add +10 to your IQ) &amp; they compliment me &amp; say \"reassuring\" things which I don\'t need as I wear them at the office all day long &amp; feel comfortable in them.

pelotudo
05-28-2003, 06:26 AM
I just started wearing glasses a couple months ago. I don\'t need them except for nighttime driving, so I don\'t wear them but once and a while. When I do, everyone tells me I look really smart and more grown up..and a lot of people tell me I look better with them on then off. I don\'t like the look though, even though they are really nice glasses...as they just don\'t go well w/ an eyebrow ring and spiked hair.

-Jon

Bottle
03-27-2004, 03:54 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
i think some women look so hot with

glasses

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

agreed...