PDA

View Full Version : How do you convert the non-believers?

bivonic
02-13-2003, 08:49 AM
I don\'t think I\'ve successfully converted any of my friends into believing that pheromones DO WORK. I admit it\'s subtle but it\'s certainly there. I blew an opportunity to go to a strip club yesterday with a buddy of mine, still need to try out those proving grounds, NYC is just too damn expensive. I typically tell them the story of the movie theater study regarding studying which seats are usually NOT occupied. They then applied pheromones too those seats & for the next movie, all of the seats that were applied were being sat in. I don\'t have a link for this, so most people I tell the story too do not believe me.

My roommate, kind of believes me but he\'s not sold & he definitely doesn\'t want to wear it himself. Which is great more for me!

What have you done to try to convince people that this stuff works? Or do you just keep it to yourself?

Lucky
02-13-2003, 08:51 AM
I wouldn\'t tell a soul.

franki
02-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Most people will think you are a fool. I have made a fool out of myself one time trying to convince someone. I think the best option is to keep it quiet. ...

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2003, 08:55 AM
PHEROMONES!? Oh, please! You must be joking. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

franki
02-13-2003, 08:58 AM
Amazing what some people do to try to get some more attention from the opposite sex, isn\'t it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I mean pheromones... , love potion #9 ..., yeah right.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

bivonic
02-13-2003, 08:59 AM
I got that from a group of bartenders last night. Somehow my SOE bottle came out of my jacket (same night that my keys came out too). Anyway I went back the next day to get my keys & tore my apt. apart looking for the SOE bottle to no avail. So last night on a hunch I went back to the bar & asked if they had it, I showed them another bottle of identical size, they asked if there was a sticker with some writing on it & I said yes. They got it for me & I was real excited, think I said like, \"[bad word] Awesome!\" I know the bartender & he\'s like, \"What\'s the big deal?\" I told him this stuff is worth like $50 - & he takes a double take & looks at the bottle & he says what\'s in there? I said pheromones, do you know what they are? Him and the other bartender looked at each & laughed, LOL, jokes on them!

cuddlebear
02-13-2003, 11:02 AM
I wouldn\'t even try to convert anyone. Pheromones are too widely publicized as it is. Better to keep it hush-hush. People who are truly interested will look it up on a search engine and probably end up here ... Cuddles /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Lutz
02-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Agreed. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bjf
02-13-2003, 11:09 AM
i am surprised anyone would laugh. i don\'t knw why they would assume they don\'t work. i also do not think mones are much publiciized. otherwise i would have gotten them a while back. i wish i had gotten them a long time ago

bivonic
02-13-2003, 11:12 AM
I know they are advertised in Men\'s mags like Maxim & Playboy (I don\'t buy it for the articles), but it\'s just APC which we all know is pretty weak & expensive for what you get. I think it\'s great that people spend cash on APC to see if it really works & then they are disappointed & tell all of their friends & so on, & so on...less competition!

CptKipling
02-13-2003, 11:16 AM
I saw keep it as quiet as possible, and only tell people you really trust who won\'t let you down.

bjf
02-13-2003, 03:00 PM
i am with u..... i don\'t want women to start being weary of guys wearing mones

tallmacky
02-13-2003, 03:24 PM
As of now it seems as we are in the golden age of pheromone\'s. Maybe not exactly with the technological aspect of -mones but more with rarity of it at this point. For example when I go to school I am 100 percent sure I am the only guy wearing TE (or any phero\'s). Now if more people jump on the bandwagon I guess that won\'t give me \"The Edge\".

I am not saying that no one deserves to no about pheromone\'s its just like what was said above I am not going to try like madness to get someone else to try it and them not even want to simply look it up on google but gets the payoff.

It seems that whenever I mention pheromones (rarely and never told I was buying them) people laugh at me or say isn\'t that pathetic and just give me a hard time. What makes me mad is I know damn well under it all they would try it, or maybe not because people act like you are from mars when you mention it. So I keep my mouth shut completey almost no one except maybe my bro know about it.

Now I am sure there are countless guys out there that could really use a tool, and anyone with an open mind and a closed mouth :} (J/K) is more then welcome to experiment.

a.k.a.
02-13-2003, 04:46 PM
I think it’s like the Zen parable about, “You can’t poor tea into a full cup.”

I’ve only shared with three guys and had no trouble getting them to try it. But they had already more or less given themselves up for celibate.

SwingerMD
02-14-2003, 01:13 AM
So far I\'ve only told about three of my guy friends. One thinks it\'s a load of sh!t. Another is only is a tad skeptical. And my good friend Nate, is a firm believer especially he witnesses two unbelievable hits from two waitresses in two separate occasions. All three of these guys tend to have pretty bad luck with women and since none of them swing dance, I don\'t consider them too much competition /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif .

As for the ladies, I haven\'t told a soul.

luxveritas
01-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I have only told my roommate, I

am still waiting for him to bust my balls in front of his girlfriend (a total social butterfly) It seems dangerous

to let the cat out of the bag. I dont want to be known as the creepy geek who uses science to get a date.

Premizen
01-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, it might only be me and my

egoistic self, but I have and will not in the future tell anyone about the pheromones. Why even should I? I

am convinced that the pheromones give me the special edge, what (when having mastered some "game" too) almost noone

else has. The more people (especially the people I hang around with the most, my best friends etc.) know about it,

the less edge for me!

So - to my mind trying to convert people to believe in pheromones and telling them about

the products can only have negative effect. There are two most likely scenarios:

1) I will tell

people (for example my closest friends) about pheromones. They try it, they become believers. I go out with them,

all of us wearing 'mones and I am not anymore the special person having the special edge. BAD, is it

not!?

2) I will tell people (for example my closest friends) about pheromones. They will either try it and seeing

that no hot chick is tearing their panties to rags and instantly wanting to jump their bones, laugh you out and

think you are some desperate weirdo. Or they will just laugh you out and make fun of you without even trying. In my

book, this is definitely NO GOOD.

I do not know - is it just my evil selfishness? But this is what I

really think.
I prefer to keep it top secret and have the privilege of having the edge.

Gegogi
01-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Outside of cyberspace, I wouldn't

tell a living soul either. I get to confess my darkest secrets here! I'm not too worried what people think--I'm

long past that stage in my life--but I need very advantage I can get. Why toss it away and level the playing

field?

But I think you guys are right about most folk thinking you're loco. I can't convince most of my

friends to eat organic veggies, drop processed foods or start working out--things widely proved to be good for you.

Why would they believe me if I told them they could improve the quality of their social and romantic activities by

spending a few benjamins on special sauce?

Premizen
01-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Well, I did not mean I am too

worried being laughed at, but I just wanted to point out that this is one of the scenarios that might happen and I

cannot see absolutely anything positive in it.

jvkohl
01-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Well, I did not mean

I am too worried being laughed at, but I just wanted to point out that this is one of the scenarios that might

happen and I cannot see absolutely anything positive in it.

When I tell friends who say 'I

don't believe they work" my response is "I don't care what you believe, I'm telling you the biological facts."

Otherwise, all the discussion amounts to is a matter of personal opinion. I've found that, typically, the personal

opinions of most people are not swayed by biological facts. Too bad, for

them.

JVK

Premizen
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Too bad, indeed. But, well, the

actual point of my first reply in this topic was just to point out that in my opinion, there is no positive outcome

from telling friends (or anyone else) about pheromones and myself using them.
The thing about being laughed at was

just an (apparently lousy) example how in my opinion not keeping the 'mones top secret can only be bad.

Gegogi
01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
"I don't care what you

believe, I'm telling you the biological facts."
Imagine saying that to a bunch of rednecks in a bar.

Sounds like fightin' words to me!

luxveritas
01-06-2006, 04:01 PM
The thing

about being laughed at was just an (apparently lousy) example how in my opinion not keeping the 'mones top secret

can only be bad.
My friends would use every chance they had to c*ck block me with the info. Ridicule at

their hands I could take but telling them would leave me way too open to attack in front of possibly interested

women. I probably need new friends :)

belgareth
01-06-2006, 04:38 PM
A number of my friends, mostly

other business owners know about my mone us. Several of them use mones themselves for the same reasons I do, they

help in business relationships. A few think its weird but the rest are beliebers.

InternationalPlayboy
01-06-2006, 07:51 PM
I've thought about

giving my best friend since high school some various flavors of gel packs I have since I don't use them much. I'm

curious to see what reaction they would cause between him and his wife. But in the past, he's shared information

about me with others that I wished he hadn't. Not maliciously, he was just making conversation at those

times.

So every time before I visit, I think about giving him some gel packs. Then once I get there I have

second thoughts. I had a "cyber affair" with a woman a few years back whom I told about using Realm. But other than

that, I haven't thought of telling anyone I know face to face about using them.

They used to have a dog that

just loved me. Back then, I was using some less sophisticated, non-Love Scent pheromone colognes bought from an

adult product company and wondered if they were the cause. I did bring out open bottles of the colognes in front of

my friends to see if the scents would attract the dog. These were generic looking cheap cologne bottles though and

did not prominently display that they contained pheromones.

And no, the dog completely ignored the bottled

colognes and kept her attention on me.

jvkohl
01-06-2006, 09:24 PM
... the actual point

of my first reply in this topic was just to point out that in my opinion, there is no positive outcome from telling

friends (or anyone else) about pheromones and myself using them.

By understanding biology and the

impact of pheromones on biologically based sexual behavior, you could potentially show an understanding of human

sexuality that is far beyond the grasp of other mere mortals. An intellectual alpha male can sometimes do better

this way than a physical alpha male. If a woman realizes that you know more about human sexuality than most men,

she's more likely to take an interest in what you can teach her. Hopefully, she already understands that experience

is the best teacher, and will then engage you in some manner that helps her to learn. Talking to a potential partner

about pheromones should lead to talking about sex. And talking about sex can set the mood for sexual

experience.

JVK

catlord17
01-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I made the mistake of becoming

too excited when I had my first few successes with pheromones and I told a few people. Bad move. Not only did I

blow my opportunity to experiment on them, but now I have one of them actively competing with me by using 'mones

herself whenever we get together.

She started blabbing about them, too... until I pointed out how stupid it was

for me to have told her, and why. She also shut her mouth. But she did tell one person... and so the leak is

beyond my control.

Point is, "converting" others is just shooting yourself in the foot. Let them suffer. :)

Friendly1
01-06-2006, 11:29 PM
I told one woman I was dating a

couple of years ago about the pheromones (before we started dating). She said she didn't believe in them but knew

I was using them when we were going out. I doubt I convinced her of their effectiveness.

I recently told a male

friend of mine, who is having trouble finding a girlfriend, to try the pheromones. He actually meets a lot of

girls. One of his jobs is teaching evening classes at a local community college. There are tons of girls who, by

his description, do their best to provoke him in various ways. He also meets a lot of girls through his social

circle.

But he just refuses to believe that pheromones work. And he acknowledges that I have girls coming on to

me quite often.

I don't tell most people about them because I don't want to have to put up with a lot of petty

comments, but they do definitely provide an advantage in meeting people and making favorable impressions on them. I

wish for my friend's sake he would try them. I know he would be convinced after a few tests.

catlord17
01-06-2006, 11:41 PM
I wish for

my friend's sake he would try them. I know he would be convinced after a few tests.

Maybe you could

secretly apply some to his back or somethng... take notes as to what time you did that, and then when he starts

getting hits, tell him? He'll ofcourse not believe you, and then you can say, "Here's my notes. Here's what I

used. Follow what I did and see if you get the same results."

Then let him go a while without them...

I have

always found it amusing tothink about getting someone in a foul mood by secretly ODing themon NPA or something. Not

that I'd ever do such a thing, but it's funny.

Anyway, that's one option...

Gegogi
01-07-2006, 12:02 AM
By understanding biology and

the impact of pheromones on biologically based sexual behavior, you could potentially show an understanding of human

sexuality that is far beyond the grasp of other mere mortals. An intellectual alpha male can sometimes do better

this way than a physical alpha male. If a woman realizes that you know more about human sexuality than most men,

she's more likely to take an interest in what you can teach her. Hopefully, she already understands that experience

is the best teacher, and will then engage you in some manner that helps her to learn. Talking to a potential partner

about pheromones should lead to talking about sex. And talking about sex can set the mood for sexual

experience.

This is certainly a rational and well thought out response. Nevertheless, expounding on

the biology of human sexually is not likely to entice attractive women, at least not any more likely than lecturing

on quantum mechanics. Beyond a few wayward geeks, women usually prefer the intrigue of the mating ritual; that is,

the mystery, romance and illusion (perhaps elusion too) of it all. Whispering the secrets of her underlying hormonal

responses, rather than sweet nothings, will give her a confused giggle and quick legs for the door.

platinumfox
01-07-2006, 06:20 AM
I tell no one.This goes hand

and hand with the"How Women will eventually know about us using pheromones thread"If people keep running their

mouths NO ONE will have any success and will be crying about how they dont get hits anymore.We mone users should be

sworn to secrecy.

jvkohl
01-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Whispering the

secrets of her underlying hormonal responses, rather than sweet nothings, will give her a confused giggle and quick

legs for the door.

No whispers; straight talk. I agree that many women don't necessarily want the

biological facts, and would rather have the mystique. But there is something to be said for the subtlety of giving

them permission to respond, as they know they do.

JVK

Rbt
01-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Well, let's see, we could write an

e-book about pheromones, call it "Double your Doing," start a website, and sell the "secret program" for $300... or

more...

(That's a joke folks! Don't get serious on me!)

_

catlord17
01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Well, let's see, we

could write an e-book about pheromones, call it "Double your Doing," start a website, and sell the "secret program"

for $300... or more...

(That's a joke folks! Don't get serious on me!)

_

Thank

you for making me laugh out loud. I needed that. :-)

Gegogi
01-08-2006, 06:01 PM
We should buy the domain name

"www.fuckenfast.com"

catlord17
01-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Wow, just had an

interesting IM chat with a woman I've never talked to before. It was going well until we got to talking about

pheromones... and suddenly, I was in the "nutcase" category. Not only did she sound as if I was crazy, but seemed

to feel I needed some sort of psychological aid for my ideas, and seemed to think I was going to get myself into

trouble thinking that subliminal influences are real. Then she became very rude and signed off.

I understand

skepticism... but wow. I guess there are people out there who think pheromone users are literally delusional, or

insane? I suppose this isn't something to discuss with others, even if you are not talking about wearing them

yourself!

Anyone else ever get this sort of reaction from discussing pheromones?

Gegogi
01-09-2006, 12:47 AM
I once sheepishly mentioned

pheromone use to a female friend (I didn't say it was me...). She got ticked and insisted it was grossly immoral

and depraved, and would never forgive or associate with any guy using. After that I figured it to be a dirty little

secret best kept to yourself.

catlord17
01-09-2006, 01:04 AM
I am amazed at how some people

respond to these sorts of things... such vehement responses! What's going on here, fear? Maybe it's fear of

someone taking away control.

chicago
01-09-2006, 01:11 AM
i had a bad reaction from a

female, when i mention pheromone .
________
Harmed

by paxil (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

gaf
01-09-2006, 04:21 AM
I am amazed at how

some people respond to these sorts of things... such vehement responses! What's going on here, fear? Maybe it's

fear of someone taking away control.

I know the feeling.. it's when the hottie at the bar turns out

to have pnumatic enhancement, now thats false advertising!
But seriously, whats the difference as we are usually

heading for the same goal? should i drive a faster car, better home, snappier clothes but still be an unlikable

person? I think it's fear of somthing that they know maybe does work deep down.

on topic now...
Never

really discussed it with others, but when it has come up in conversation most people say "what a load of crap" I

used to think that too, to a point.

GAF :type:

gaf
01-09-2006, 04:44 AM
I don't tell anyone but have had

people ask me how I get so many woman in general coming up to me in bars and strike up conversations about

nothing.. I once went out with a work mate who couldn't belive the amount of woman tring to hit on me and the fact

that i just took it as being another night out, nothing special. The poor guy was just stunned, everyone at work

knows i'm single (I'm the only one that not married)and don't really play the field, he couldn't work it out.

Now they tease me about what i got up to in the weekend, unfortunatly in front of clients so i'm very carefull

about any details now.

GAF :angel:

Premizen
01-09-2006, 06:13 AM
I still cannot understand why

not totally keep it to oneself? Well, not totally, but not to talk about pheromones outside this little

community.
To my mind it would definitely be wise for all of us to help us keep our little (or not that little)

edge!
Furthermore, if most people react negatively anyway.. why bother?

Just my two cents, though. No offence -

really!

catlord17
01-09-2006, 07:42 AM
I wasn't trying to advertise,

suggest the use of, or admit use of... the subject of pheromones just came up in normal conversation. She flipped

out. I don't know what went through her mind, but she certainly abreacted. Must have been jumping to conclusions

or something. At least I don't have to talk to her any more.

luxveritas
01-09-2006, 07:54 AM
I decided to also tell my

little brother, he is not competition, even if he does run his mouth the consequences are minimal. We never go pub

crawling together so I don' t really have any reservations. From an evolutionary stand point it makes sense to tell

those related to you. Soon enough my clan will be powerful enough to take over the world MUhahaha!!!!!!

Shenandoah
01-09-2006, 03:58 PM
A few observations.

Gegogi, the reaction I got from revealing mone use was "That's IMMORAL" & "You aren't wearing them now are you?"

It had been more than 12 hours since putting any on, so I said "No." => Lesson Learned. Keep my mouth shut.

That was the one, and only time I've told anyone.

As to the word getting around, you don't have to tell

anyone. There is an exponential increase in the number of people posting on this forum. I was #2559 (March 2005),

and luxveritas is #3299 (December 2005). That is a 29% increase of the total pool over only 9 months, (or 39% annual

growth). That means that about 40% of the people here today weren't here in 2004. This is very good for Bruce.

I had been trying APC, and other things prior to joining, and had been reading the Forum quite a while before

posting. So there are many more people reading this than the 3299+ posting members.

All this means that the word

is getting around. I predict that mones will eventually be commonly known, accepted, and used by a fairly sizeable

segment of the population.

That is, if someone doesn't feel cheated at having fallen for someone in an

"Unnatural" way, and start litigation for unfair, and malicious abuse of their VNO, and body.

That is, if some

legislator doesn't feel that "Uncle" knows best about what is good for you, and make use of mones regulated, taxed,

or illegal. Worse, some gubermint bureaucrat could decide that mones already fall within his purvue of regulations

that already exist, and "We are here to help you."

Love-Scent's business is going to grow anyway, simply

because Bruce is marketing good products.

The mones market in general will grow simply because they work.

Let the use of mones expand without making waves, enemies, and advertising. Eventually legeslators will be using

mones themselves for the social, and power influence. They will want to keep it all their own little secret. Can't

you just imagine a room full of congess reeking of mones? Maybe they will go into gross OD, and argue so much that

nothing gets done. We can wish.

The fewer peole "alarmed" about the abuse of mones. and whether it is "moral"

the better. My advice is NEVER tell. The first lesson of survival on the battle field is "Don't be seen."

So if

we keep a low profile - don't anger relationships that we lose (better yet that they not know) - don't be seen as

a segment of weirdoes large enough to be regulated, then, it's better for Bruce, and it's better for us.

Chemist
01-09-2006, 08:06 PM
I started dabbling with Pheromones in

1996. I started conciously and purposefully changing my game in 2003. The change in game coincided with suddenly

being in great demand by females - many of whom are half my age (I'm in my early 40s). Sometimes I've stopped

using phereomones to see if the game was the only factor - and I have to say that pheremones do make a difference -

it's subtle - but it seems to open the window of opportunity more than without them - but its still the game that

makes the difference. You can supposed that pheromones are the bait, but the game is reeling them in.

The

finny thing is that by about early 2005, those who have known me for a while were astounded at the attention I was

getting and suspected I had suddenly started using phereomones in 2005, when I had previously been using them for 9

years.

It was how I played the game that made the difference.

The way to convince your friends that

you are doing something right, is for them to realize that you are different and then to ask you about it. I used to

have to bang my head against the wall the get the company of one girl (I only persued one at a time - and that was a

mistake) whereas now, almost every lunch and dinner of every week is usually spoken for a week in advance. You will

be able to convince your friends once they notice the dramatic difference in your situation, then approach you and

ask you how you do it. Trying to approach them and convice then when they show no interest in knowing the

information will get you no where.