PDA

View Full Version : Fabric freshener on top of Pheros

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2001, 03:33 AM
In a topic i can\'t remember.. someone suggested to wear pheros on the shirt and then on top to spray with fabric freshener

I tried it and the BO smell gone but i want to ask you does the fabric freshener wipes out also pheros ?

**DONOTDELETE**
09-10-2001, 11:31 AM
PG,

I remember the post, and I promptly when out to investigate these so-called \"fabric freshners\" -- the spray on kind.

What I found was a plethora of different \"spray this on smell clothing, beds, etc.\" and they\'ll smell just like they\'re freshly laundered.

Initially, I though this a good idea, but upon examining the list of ingredients on a number of these products, I found that most had a \"oder neutralizing\" agent of some kind.

Since pheros work both at a consious level (e.g., the BO or cat pee smell) and unconsious level, I concluded that the neutralizing agents might break the pheros active components for the unconsious level as well as the consious level.

To test this, I took a shirt that my wife easily detected PI on and sprayed it with one of these \"fabric freshners\". After a couple/few hours of drying, my wife could no longer detect the PI oder, but also she didn\'t really react to the shirt\'s \"new smell\" either.

Also, since washing clothing can destroy pheros, I figured that the \"neutralizing agents\" could also.

Just my thoughts...

a.k.a.
09-10-2001, 02:25 PM
I\'ve tried this five times so far; once at a picnic, once at a large outdoor concert, once at a crowded dance club, once tooling around town doing chores, once at my neighborhood bar:

Two sprays ET and one spray fabric freshener. All I could smell was the \"just out of the dryer\" smell (which, admitedly, isn\'t sexy or even interesting). I got lots of positive reactions every time.

Two sprays is my maximum dosage, which I only wear around lots of people. One spray is my usual dose. So maybe the scent hinders the pheros a little. And I haven\'t tried it with one spray.

I like it because it would take a lot of cologne to mask two sprays of ET and fabric freshener creates a more \"stealth\" effect.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-12-2001, 08:47 AM
But the question is, does the \"fabric freshner\" spray neutralize the pheros in TE, and are you just getting good results because many women like that \"freshly laundered\" smell on men???

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Lex ]

DA
09-12-2001, 03:32 PM
I think I was the first one to try the fabric fresheners with pheros. Whenever I do this now, my usual tactic is to spray the shirt the night before, or at least an hour before I wear it. I spray the whole shirt \'till it\'s slightly damp and by the time it\'s dry, the scent is all through the shirt. Then, apply pheros someplace like the underarms, chest, or even the shirt itself.

I think maybe spraying freshener \"on top\" of pheros could alter their effectivness. I\'m convinced that the freshener helps remove the \'old\' pheros left over from previous wearings, so now I don\'t worry about pheros accumulating and ODing the women around me. Anyway, women do seem to love the fresh laundered smell, and with the phero boost, I think it\'s great.

DA