PDA

View Full Version : Hair Removal

druid
02-10-2003, 09:33 PM
What does every one out there do for their unwanted hair removal? I personally use nair and shaving (nair back, shave chest and stomach). Does anyone know of any better products? I tried Nads, but it IMHO it sucks.

Does anyone know how to keep from breaking out when shaving a large area? Last time I shaved my chest with a razor and shaving creme I broke out like a teenage in a choclate factor.

Does anyone know about this fairly new laser hair removal? How expensive and how does it compare to electrolysis?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Elana swears by a wax called Microtweeze.

As for razor bumps - shave after a shower so that the warm water has a chance to soften the hair. Use a loofah or cleansing grains to exfoliate thoroughly. Then use a brand new razor every time. Shave against the growth of the hair. Use witch hazel or rose water as a toner for your skin afterwards. That has kept me from razor bumps.

Laser hair removal is expensive - it will run about $1,200.00 to get it all off - happens over several sessions. It works best with dark hair on light skin.

druid
02-10-2003, 09:41 PM
good, I have dark hair on light skin. How do they charge for the laser, per hair folicle, or per square inch?

Tom
02-11-2003, 12:06 AM
In my television advertising, I see touch me, a hair removal solution, they say more cheaper than laser, and permanent without side effect. it is a cream.
I see another product at amazon few month ago