PDA

View Full Version : Theory on Androsterone

MAL224610
02-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Back in 98 there was a research study on neurosteroid action in rat forebrain. The study showed that exposure to androsterone in fetal rat, as well as adult shows that exposed rats had increased sensitivity to GABA. Also it is non-gender specifc, if activation of VNO with androsterone reacts with GABA-A receptors then there would be an increased relaxation and reduction of inhibitions(based upon how much activation there is) Very very fascinating study, and might show androsterone\'s possible method of action in humans.

Brain Res Dev Brain Res 1998 Jun 15;108(1-2):131-7 Related Articles, Links

Neurosteroid action at the GABAA receptor in fetal rat forebrain.

Kellogg CK, Olson VG, Pleger GL

Mike

**DONOTDELETE**
02-10-2003, 09:53 AM
I believe that.

jvkohl
02-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Are you actively involved in research? How did you happen to find this citation? Details may be a bit too technical, but GABA is among the influences on the gonadotropin releasing hormone neuronal system, which is also affected by pheromones. You may be on to something.

SonnyBlack
02-10-2003, 10:58 AM
so does this mean that rone increases testosterone levels in humans....I was wondering why I had gained a little bit of weight since I started using AE/m ...maybe this explains why

Shoe
02-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Here\'s a study that mentions it:

<a target=\"_blank\" href=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&amp;db=PubMed&amp;list_uids=120207 51&amp;dopt=Abstract>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&amp;db=PubMed&amp;list_uids=120207 51&amp;dopt=Abstract</a>

\"Positively modulates the GABA (A) receptor\".... same terminology used if you research benzos. I once used Xanax occasionally for anxiety and social phobia. Fortunately I\'m over that (through more natural methods). But androsterone seems to have a mild benzo like relaxing effect, after about an hour. I\'m pretty sure it is absorbed through the skin -- many steriod therapies involve applying a cream on your skin.

It\'s not a VNO effect, because the it still happened when I apply to my stomach under lots of clothing. The VNO effect on myself seems to be the mood intensification, and perhaps a bit of mood depression.

jvkohl
02-11-2003, 04:06 AM
They used 40 mg/KG, which is much more than could be absorbed through topical application of any product I know about containing -rone. It\'s interesting that more studies on the effect of androsterone are being done, however. Recent studies also indicate that our main olfactory system processes pheromones, so the effect need not come through the VNO, as you indicated.

SonnyBlack
02-11-2003, 10:06 AM
so whats the final word...can rone cause a raise in one\'s test levels ultimately causing a rise in our estrogen levels as well thru aromitization???Or can it cause one to gain weight the way that prozac and other type of antidepressants are notorious for doing????

Shoe
02-11-2003, 07:35 PM
You\'re probably right JVK.... the testosterone content of a transdermal testosterone gels is 50 milligrams applied to the skin, to achieve a theraputic effect. And I\'m talking about 1/100th of a milligram of androsterone on the skin. So the relaxation is probably a VNO or olfactory effect, or even something else.

It\'s easy to forget the power or \'mones, even under your shirt....

jvkohl
02-11-2003, 09:23 PM
I don\'t think a final word is coming anytime soon. I can only speculate that wearing -rone should tend to make you the more dominant male. Whether or not it alters your hormone levels or the hormone levels of others is a question that can only be answered via an expensive study.

SonnyBlack
02-12-2003, 10:17 AM
i think it raises your testosterone levels(its what Ive personnally noticed) if youre a man but unfortunately for me I have somewhat of a high test to estro conversion rate....Well

SonnyBlack
02-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Oh I forgot to ask...what studies or personal experiences do you have showing that rone makes you look like the more dominant male??Not questioning your experince or expertise in the subject...it just that Ive always wondered about this

Wolfe
02-12-2003, 12:12 PM
DUDE!!! dont you know who that is??..he is the maker of Scent of Eros product Bruce sells and author of the book by same title, he knows what he\'s doing /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

SonnyBlack
02-12-2003, 01:47 PM
DUDE!i know exactly who he is...he is one of the most knowledgable persons on the planet when it comes to pheros and he has my complete respect and admiration...which is why I said that I wasnt questioning his expertise in any way...