PDA

View Full Version : Atkins question about -mones

Sexyredhead
02-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Had a thought today. Talking to a friend who\'s on Atkins, and something clicked in my head about one of the mones (-none?) being a ketone. Doesn\'t Atkins put you in ketosis? Forgive my deplorable understanding of chemistry, but would that cause any effect in wearing -mones? Conversion faster/slower/not at all? Difference in detection, scent, anything?
I find the older I get, the more questions I think up about how things work. lol Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

DrSmellThis
02-08-2003, 04:35 PM
more meat > more cholesterol > more pregnenolone >more DHEA > more testosterone and estrogen > more pheromones.

Eat your eggs!

Sexyredhead
02-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Hmm, so has anybody out there discovered they get more hits when on Atkins with or without the -mones? I wonder if it would just be the weight loss issue? Interesting. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MAL224610
02-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Only problem is you have a negative feedback loop in your body that controls production of testosterone. Its primary feedback loop is Estrogen levels, secondary testosterone inhibits cholesterol from crossing the transmembrane into the leydig cells there by physically blunting testosterone production. However the oils from the atkins diet might bring more androgen containing oil to the skin. Still, I feel that when I am on a low carb cutting cycle I tend to not mingle to much with women. Partly because of focus, and partly because ketones really repel people.

Mike

marv14yag
02-09-2003, 03:27 PM
How do ketones repel people?

Bart

MAL224610
02-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Ketone bodies on the breath generally don\'t smell very good, and the scent comes through out your entire body when you are in ketosis.

Sexyredhead
02-09-2003, 04:34 PM
So would that give you something similar to a -none OD, or is it like that at all?

SonnyBlack
02-18-2003, 11:47 AM
I used to do the Atkins diet when I wanted to bring my bodyfat down to 7 or 8 percent..and I remember noticing that I wasnt too attractive to people when I was on it..I never got any attention at all from the ladies while I was on it...and as soon as I came off and started eating carbs again...girls started noticing me alooot more. Im thinking maybe it was causing me to produce even more none than I usually do. I already produce alot of none naturally(clint eastwood effect) so it didnt help...

Sexyredhead
02-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Ok, so go with me on this. My mom, sister, and a couple friends (female) are all on Atkins. I\'m thinking about going on it to lose 10-15 pounds by summer. I\'ve been on it before, and I can do induction easily--basically the kind of thing I eat anyway.
So, is it possible that when on Atkins, you have a reaction in your body like SonnyBlack said, and you produce more -none? Would increasing the amount of -nol you use overcome the CEE (Clint Eastwood Effect)? Or is that just a problem for guys? My sister is married and my mom\'s too involved with her work to think about men, unfortunately, so I can\'t tell a lot about them, but both of my friends on Atkins don\'t get much attention from guys, and I don\'t think they look bad at all. Could it be they\'re producing too much -none, and maybe if they got something like AEw or PIw and increased their -nol, they might get some attention?
Does this make sense, or am I going off on a tangent? Please help. If I decide to go on Atkins for a couple months, I\'ll need to know this for me too. Thanks.

CptKipling
02-18-2003, 06:45 PM
You have to be aware of the -nol/-none conversion aswell. Increasing the -nol will probably help, as long as you take regular showers (cos ya stink! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif ) and apply your -nol to what I call none volatile areas (less bacteria), such as your inner forarms, earlobes, nape of your neck... Experiment, find some good application points for you.

Sexyredhead
02-19-2003, 04:52 AM
Ummm, is this in reference to the \"you don\'t wear deodorant\" thread, or because you think people on Atkins stink? I personally can\'t tell any difference with anybody on Atkins, or at least I haven\'t noticed.

CptKipling
02-19-2003, 04:59 AM
Thats what people say about people on Atkins though, isn\'t it. Someone (not here) apparently smells like dog food. You might not be able to tell the difference on yourself, but others may.

Taking lots of showers would get rid of whatever it is that is stinky.

Sexyredhead
02-19-2003, 05:03 AM
I\'m not on it at the moment. I\'m thinking about going on it for the next month or two. But I can\'t smell it on my mom, sister, or a couple of girl friends. Maybe I\'m just not close enough to them. On the other hand, I don\'t kiss on them either, so unless their breath is knock-you-down horrible, I couldn\'t tell. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
02-19-2003, 05:25 AM
Ya know, now that I think about it, there\'s a guy in the greenhouses who\'s on it, and he always smells like bacon, coffee, and cigars. But that\'s because he\'s always eating bacon, coffee, and cigars. I think if he got some water in instead of that coffee, he might not smell so bad. Flush all those ketones out, or something. I think the smell depends on the person.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2003, 07:25 AM
My mouth tastes funny on the induction phase of Atkins. It does make your breath bad. I use those capsules with mint oil in them, Breath Assure, I think they\'re called, and that seems to work just fine.

druid
02-19-2003, 01:55 PM
the ketones can cause \"atkins breath\" which smells bad to some I guess. A simple mint like FTR suggest can rectify that.