PDA

View Full Version : Canada to help US in War on Terrorism

bivonic
02-07-2003, 08:34 AM
The Canadians are going to help America with the war on terrorism.
They have pledged 2 of their biggest battle ships, 6000 ground troops and 6 fighter jets.

Unfortunately, after the exchange rate conversion, we ended up with 2 canoes, 1 Mountie, and some flying squirrels.

I know this belongs in Humor, but if it was in the humor section, would you have LAUGHED SO HARD???? LOL

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey now. Every little bit helps. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Blackwidow_Woman
02-07-2003, 09:15 AM
>(Unfortunately, after the exchange rate conversion, we ended up with 2 canoes, 1 Mountie, and some flying squirrels)

Oh man.. LMFAO! I really needed a good laugh.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Lucky
02-07-2003, 10:18 AM
It\'s the thought that counts.

Whitehall
02-07-2003, 11:20 AM
We asked them nicely to tighten up on their borders so to stop being a backdoor for terrorist entry to the US.
They refused so the US tightened up OUR border crossings with Canada but then they groused - loudly.

I think this is because the central government is out of touch with Canadian opinion and is more concerned with appearing independent than with dealing with the terrorist threats to both us and them.

Bruce
02-07-2003, 01:24 PM
I thought it was for real though; with just a little humor thrown in. That\'s why it should go in the humor section. Until I read the print at the bottom, I was going to write and ask if it was from some recent news we might want to know about.
Funny though. Would the flying squirrel be Rocky, by any chance? Could you throw in Duddly DoRight? Did you ever see him? Maybe he was banned from TV in Canada.

BTW, did you know that the Steve Martin movie \"the Three Amigos\" was banned from Mexico for many years? Really true.

Bruce