PDA

View Full Version : Casual scent

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 02:01 PM
Hi. This is my first post. I would like to ask some advice about what people use for a general purpose, all day scent that I can use to cover Edge. Up until now my idea of wearing cologne was all spice deodorant so I\'m kind of new to this. I recieved the IR musk that came with the bottle of Edge and I like the smell but I think it might be a little too much for a trip to the book store or to hang out with friends. I guess I think that I would wear the musk on a date but would like to have a less serious option for general occasions. I\'m kind of a quiet person (and like myself that way) and don\'t want something too outrageous. Maybe you folks could give me a place to start. Or maybe I\'m making too much out of this. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

a.k.a.
09-07-2001, 02:10 PM
You can spray the Edge to your shirt and add Fabric Freshener over it. You can spray in your armpits and cover it with deodorant.

There are threads on these topics (and lots of other great information) in this forum.

Another idea is e-oils or oil based fragrances. GNC has a line of fragrances that are pretty light, but last a long time: Global Notes, my favorite is Tropic Rains.

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 02:23 PM
Thanks. I\'ll check out GNC!

Bruce
09-08-2001, 01:42 AM
Hey Endpoint,
I lived in Botson for many years. My advice is get into Contra dancing. You\'ll meet LOTS of women that are very easy for a quiet guy to talk to. The GNC fragrance line sounds interesting too. I\'ve got to check that out next time we are in the States. I visited loads of natural food stores while we were there this last time but didn\'t notice any fragrances other than the usual rack of essential oils.

Good luck,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2001, 02:04 AM
I checked out my local GNC last night and found out that they don\'t carry fragrances normally. It seems that they only carry them during the holidays. And only women\'s fragrances at that. This may only be my GNC. I think they vary somewhat from store to store. So I went to Filene\'s and got Higher by Christian Dior. I\'ll see how I (and they)like that.

Thanks for the tip about contra dancing Bruce. Dancing hasn\'t been my thing but maybe it\'s time I made it my thing. I\'ll look into taking a few lessons and maybe meet a few people that way!

**DONOTDELETE**
09-08-2001, 12:59 PM
Hey what about that new sandlewood edge, what does everyone think of it, is the smell ok ive got my order on the way.

Bruce
09-08-2001, 04:38 PM
Hi Paul,
I like the sandalEdge. Try the armpit trick with it, but don\'t overdo it. You can try the little musk addtive with it too. I loved those two when I first mixed them together, but my wife said I smelled like one of those little herbal sachets you put in your drawer to make your clothes smell nice. I got disappointed and stopped it, but I still think it is a good combo. Try it everyone and tell me what you think.
Cheers,
Bruce

jose
09-08-2001, 07:14 PM
I love the new Sandalwood Edge it smells great. I used it for the first time today two sprays under each arm pit, and one spray on shirt. The IR oil-based musk also smells nice images/icons/laugh.gif I think everyone should order it before it runs out, it beats the original by a mile.
http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg (\"http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg\")