PDA

View Full Version : Date-Mate 2001 odorless pheromones???

**DONOTDELETE**
09-06-2001, 09:42 AM
Hi,

On EBay, I\'ve just found an item dubbed \"Date-Mate 2001\".
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1634975352 (\"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1634975352\")

The seller claims that this spray is odorless. But how could it be a pheromone spray if it\'s odorless???

The feedbacks on this seller\'s are all positive so I would consider buying this stuff.

But, on the other hand, something smells fishy to me because I couldn\'t find ANY hint on the whole net that a product called \"Date-Mate 2001\" really exists.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards,

Doug

CJ01
09-06-2001, 09:58 AM
Hi the product does exist as far I know. But you know the feedback comments are usually about doing business with the person in question ie did they send what they meant to, did they send anything at all, communication, delivery etc.

If you´re thinking about buying I´d take a good look at the COST and also the postage they´re asking!

It´s not odourless either as far as I know, not sure though. (But there are some products that are practically scentless like AFA)
CJ

Bruce
09-06-2001, 11:01 AM
Hi,

There are a lot of fishy things about that product. First of all whoever made that ad page stole the photo of Regis from love-scent.com!
Check out: http://love-scent.com/xicte (\"http://love-scent.com/xicte\")
I scanned that photo in myself and the left and bottom borders match mine exactly. The bum simply trimmed out the right side with Photo Shop or some similar software.

Also, look at what Regis has in his hand. That is an Xcite wipe he is using, not a spray. The quote in the ad attributed to Regis praising a spray product is a hoax. I have a copy of the video that scene was stolen from and he doesn\'t say anything at all about spray products.

Furthermore the product design and name is a ripoff of the UK product DateMate 2000, which clearly has the usual androstenone musky smell. The maker of the original DateMate product is famous for dirty business practises himself, so you can hardly feel sorry for him, but can you really trust someone who rips off advertising material, product design, name etc?

Still further, while it is theoretically possible to design a product with very little pheromone odor, the expense of producing it would make it impossible at that price, and \"no detectable odor???\" No way; it is impossible even with the tiniest amount of androstenone, which virtually all male products contain. A much easier route would be simply not to include any active pheromones.

I usually just delete messages that point to products I don\'t sell, but this one is worth a warning; beyond fishy.

Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
09-06-2001, 11:07 AM
Bruce and all others,

thanks for the hints. Won\'t buy from this guy. I knew that something was wrong with this add. What a crook...

Will place an order with within the next days. Thanks, Bruce!

Doug

**DONOTDELETE**
09-06-2001, 04:56 PM
Bruce,

Can you post that video clip of Regis if it\'s not too big?

Thanks,
Dylan

MAJORSOB
09-06-2001, 10:55 PM
Well the guy selling it on e bay is for real as i have purched this same product from him.. The only problem is ..the product doesn\'t really work very well and it smells god awful..there are much better products with higher pheromone counts sold at love scent and bruce backs up his sales even if it doesnt work for you so i would rather see you buy from this site and save your money.. Whatever you decide to do good luck to you.

Bruce
09-07-2001, 02:57 AM
Hi Dylan,
I\'m not sure how to do that. Can you help me? I have it on a standard VHS tape. I have a digital video recorder, so I can transfer it to that, but then what next? I have been wondering for a while how to take my home video clips and turn them into an mpeg file or something that I could e-mail to friends or post on a website. If you can help me with that please e-mail me with details. The video software I have is Mac iMovie. They make it very clear how to make a quick JPEG or GIF from single screen shots, but that is all from what I can see.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
09-07-2001, 10:11 PM
I’m sorry I can’t help you, unless a computer boots up and say Microsoft I’m completely lost. images/icons/frown.gif Does anyone else here own a Mac?

Dylan