PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU know when someone's interested in you?

bivonic
01-29-2003, 01:14 PM
For me there are a few tipoff questions.

\"How old are you?\" (I get this one & ask this one much less now then when I was in my 20\'s)
\"Do you have a girlfriend?\"

Body Language

A girl gives my bicep a nice firm grip that lasts more then a second.
A girl brushes her breast against me during conversation.
Watch for negative body language, lack of eye contact, trite responses, looking up at my hair frequently rather then into my eyes or at my lips. Alot of times people will do this to give the impression they are paying attention to you when they are not interested in you or what you have to say.

To try & show a girl I\'m interested in her I\'ll...

Ask her about her boyfriend, if her reply is she does not have one, I\'ll say oh really? With a little grin.

Body Language

If she has some hair that is just above her eyes (most women do), but is loose, not stylized or pulled back, I\'ll run my fingers through it as if to get it out of her eyes, even when it is not in her eyes. If she does not pull back when I do this, I might take the back of two of my fingers & run it down her cheek for a quick few seconds & then remove it from her face.

Make as much eye contact as possible without staring, smile as much as possible, speak in a confident & positive manner.

Mtnjim
01-29-2003, 01:19 PM
\"Ask her about her boyfriend, if her reply is she does not have one, I\'ll say oh really? With a little grin.\"

ASSUME that she doesn\'t--if she does, she\'ll let you know!

bivonic
01-29-2003, 01:21 PM
Nope I used to be in that school of thought (conservative side), more times then not - about 10-15 minutes into a conversation she will take the opportunity to let me know - that\'s too long, I need to get that out in the open ASAP, certainly not the first thing to ask, but certainly within the first few minutes.

franki
01-29-2003, 01:28 PM
\"\"How old are you?\" (I get this one & ask this one much less now then when I was in my 20\'s)\"

Hmmm. I get that question relatively often (in clubs). So, that means they are interested. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Well, no longer if they hear I am 20 (and apparently too young for most of them ......)

\"\"Do you have a girlfriend?\" \"

Women seem to use that line now and then. To me it is to embarassing to ask a girl if she has a boyfriend. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bivonic
01-29-2003, 01:31 PM
And you can get it out of her without just being as direct as, \"So do you have a boyfriend?\"

You can say, \"Where\'s the old man / ball in chain tonight?\", if she is with a guy who is not paying attention to your conversation you can be direct & just say, \"Who\'s the guy you are with?\", or even, \"So I guess that\'s your boyfriend?\"

Oh yeah my personal favorite if you spot a group of girls & either one has a wedding / engagement ring or you know she has a boyfriend, she can be your informant regarding all her friends she is with, just be discreet, more often then not they want you hitting on the right ones - unless you made a negative impression with her & she thinks you are a jerk. Just start off by saying, \"I realize you have a boyfriend / off limits, but what about your friends?\" I used this at a superbowl party last Sunday when 4 hotties walked in at half time with one guy, one of them let me know right away about her boyfriend, so I caught her when she was by herself & told me all of her girlfriends were single - bonus. Only problem is I didn\'t know which one to hit on 1st! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bivonic
01-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Franki -

Learn to lie, or get a hobby that most 20 year olds are not in. That way you don\'t have to lie just be sure to work it into the conversation before they get a chance to pop the Q (like in your situation take a graduate level course that you can easily work into a conversation & be sure to refer to it as a class for your master\'s degree). But I really would recommend lying - it doesn\'t bite you in the ass as much as you think.

franki
01-29-2003, 01:41 PM
\"But I really would recommend lying\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif FTR said the same. I guess that is some good advice then.

Franki

Wolfe
01-29-2003, 01:49 PM
ya right, till the time comes when you\'ve told a \'lie\' and then you find out you REALLY are hooked on that person, and them you, -till they find out you lied- and they dump you on your butt, leaving you heartbroken.
tell a lie and any chance of a long term relationship is gone forever.

MOBLEYC57
01-29-2003, 02:24 PM
Wolfey\'s on target again!! The good thing about telling the truth is.......you don\'t have to remember what you\'ve said. Lies change, truth stays the same. I use to pull that one on an ex...never in my life have I caught someone that told so many lies. She\'d lie without you asking her anything. If it starts in a lie.....it ends in a lie. You want to know if someone lied to you....wait a few days and ask the same question. POW!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Trust me! And Wolfe! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Tater!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2003, 02:27 PM
I\'m not much on lying, myself, Franki, despite my thinking it might help your situation and maybe not do so much harm if you tacked on a year or two. Bad advice.

Watcher
01-29-2003, 03:08 PM
When they talk about being single amoungst themselves whilst with a giggle and with u as the only male around, they try to get youre attention this way - singaling they are interested without being direct (submissive nature of women at work here).

They sit near u and tap their foot excessivley whilst fiddling with something and looking at u occasionally. (ive gotten this more since i got my semi-girlfriend - note a sex buddy only) maybe the natural couplins are having a competitive effect here.

They walk around u around and around and around before getting pissed off at being ignored and going away. And please before anyone asks why im able to spend all day on this forum giving advice etc. Ive made a fortune from the tech boom a few years back. Got an inheritance of $10000 in 1998, left school that year. Got into online trading brought those tech shares that went through the roof, sold before they went bust and am now sitting on a personal fortune of $150000 and spend my time between a casual sales position to earn a living and using accelerated learning techniques to having learnt a lot about the sharemarket applying it to online trading during a few days during the week building my personal fortune and working weekends to earn a supplementry income.
And a bonk buddy is useful at the moment given my way of life.
Dont always get out a lot, when i do pheromones help and i just spend my downtime helping others out.

franki
01-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Is that in Aussie dollars?

Watcher
01-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah in aussie $, i traded the NASDAQ early on but now do real careful research before i buy into something and the returns continue to be positive given the recent volatility on the global stockmarkets and negative returns worldwide.

Its all about timing, sort of like getting the attention of a woman, it happens when u least expect it which means being aware and alert at all times.

I expect the Dow Jones to go under 7000 points this year given the new dividend trend in the US and the fact that the USvsAUSSIE markets since 1987 have returned different % of growth.

Dow jones around 500%+
All ords (aussie) 150%+
European markets are around 300%+

Which means PE valuations are excessive and given the iraq war at the current time will eventually hit the US market hard add the depreciating US$ and rising gold and oil prices its going to impact in the 1st half of this year. My advice that works on the aussie market and applicable to the US market
Look for profitable companies that are growing at least with low PE ratios and a decent dividend payout. Resource stocks are good (gold and oil for at least the next 2 months) and perhaps some exposure to tech stocks that are become profitable or look like takeover targets.

Watcher
01-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Some more advice if you are investing in high risk bigcaps use warrant trading to offset a sliding share price. That covers u both ways if it gains u lose a small $ value on the warrants but if you lose shareprice $ then the warrants cover those losses through their own gains.

bundyburger
01-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Yes. But warrants are dangerous for people who don\'t know how to use them.

CptKipling
01-29-2003, 04:34 PM
Back on topic...

There is a much more subtle science that noone has mentioned. It\'s more of an art form, that has to be learnt.

Lucky
01-29-2003, 06:15 PM
Watcher-Phero Guru-Stock Guru,
What do yo think about Murphy Oil or Duke Power as an investment?

Lucky
01-29-2003, 06:17 PM
That should have been a private message, right?
I\'m sorry.

CJ01
05-19-2003, 12:14 PM
bivonic, I guess one of the most obvious signs I ever got was when a woman (!!!) asked me if I f*ck women. Although - I could already tell before then that she was into me.She was pretty bi btw and this was some time before everyone was much more open and relaxed about `gay issues´.

proteus
05-19-2003, 02:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
this forum giving advice etc. Ive made a fortune from the tech boom a few years back. Got an inheritance of $10000 in 1998, left school that year. Got into online trading brought those tech shares that went through the roof, sold before they went bust and am now sitting on a personal fortune of $150000 and spend my time between a casual sales position to earn a living and using accelerated learning techniques to having learnt a lot about the sharemarket applying it to online trading during a few days during the week building my personal fortune and working weekends to earn a supplementry income.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

I\'m very impressed!! Kudos to you Watcher. I know many folks who lost fortunes during this tech bubble. My older brother\'s best friend for example, lost over $500,000 (ouch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Wish I had your stock trading skills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enticing
05-19-2003, 06:57 PM
they ask about your weekend, they ask if you are married, they hump your leg, they twirl you around and dip you, they hug you like you\'ve just returned from being trapped in an underwater mine, they ask \'could you ever go to bed with a guy like me\'... oh yeah, that one happenned.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif they fly you to (insert city of choice) for the weekend... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
05-19-2003, 07:02 PM
and then the alarm goes off and you wake up ...

Enticing
05-19-2003, 07:08 PM
roflmao ...HA HA HA All true, m\'dear... and it was a city very near you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bivonic
05-20-2003, 03:45 AM
One of my famous posts resurfaces! What brought on the urge CJ?

My latest technique with this new prospect of mine (she has a habit of standing VERY VERY close to me when we are hanging out &amp; she enjoys brushing her chest against various parts of my body) is to simply take my hand &amp; start just below her shoulder &amp; very lightly run my fingers &amp; occassionally my palm down the entire length of her arm, stopping just short of her wrist &amp; then just as slowly running it all the way up to just above her bicep, finishing with a light squeeze before removing my hand. She hasn\'t had the slightest negative reaction in terms of stepping away or moving her arm in such a way as to signal that she doesn\'t enjoy the kino. Incidentally she sort of just started to pay more attention to this one kid who\'s 23. Well we were hanging out last night &amp; he really showed how imature he was. We were shooting pool in the middle of a place doing 8 minute dating (which we shouldn\'t have), &amp; this idiot has the audacity to ask some guy in the middle of an 8 minute date (he was sitting down &amp; this tool asked him to move (away from his date they were both seated) so that he could break on the pool table. I wanted to grab this POS by the ear &amp; take him outside &amp; teach him some manners.

At the end of the night (as we leave from a different pub), our group of about 8 start to break off &amp; go home. My prospect is yelling to me, \"&lt;Bivonic&gt; you CANNOT leave!\" Probably since moments before I started to make my exit she told me, \"I *have* to get drunk guy into a taxi &amp; send him home.\" To which I replied, \"you are all on your own!\"

Well long story short I get home &amp; I am lying in bed &amp; she calls my cell to thank me for telling her I thought this new guy she liked was a tool &amp; that in the future she is totally going to listen to my opinion because I\'m such a good judge of character...we ended up talking for like 30-35 minutes before she got a call from her girlfriend &amp; said goodnight.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-20-2003, 04:56 AM
If you want this girl, you\'d better do something quick besides rub her on her arm ... you\'re sliding into LJBF territory like you\'ve got one foot on a banana peel. She\'s calling you up (urm, she should be hoping you call) to tell you that from now on she will ask your opinion about all the guys she dates.

Where does that put you?

Not in the category of guys she dates ...

CJ01
05-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Urge???
bivonic, I didn´t realize this thread was old, I don´t check this part of the forum very often. I just figured this story fits and answered your question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pelotudo
05-20-2003, 01:54 PM
If you want this girl, you\'d better do something quick besides rub her on her arm ... you\'re sliding into LJBF territory like you\'ve got one foot on a banana peel. She\'s calling you up (urm, she should be hoping you call) to tell you that from now on she will ask your opinion about all the guys she dates.

Where does that put you?

Not in the category of guys she dates ...

Yeah, if you\'re the one she\'s asking about for dating advise...you\'re not going to the one doing the dating. You better jump on it quick, or better set yourself up to jump on it or you\'re going to have a new \"buddy\" to hang out with.

-Jon

proteus
05-21-2003, 02:08 AM
Yeah, if you\'re the one she\'s asking about for dating advise...you\'re not going to the one doing the dating. You better jump on it quick, or better set yourself up to jump on it or you\'re going to have a new \"buddy\" to hang out with.

-Jon

you\'re already a \"friend\" in her eyes. Move on, forget about her and learn from the experience.

bivonic
05-21-2003, 05:31 AM
LOL It\'s a good thing I don\'t live my life based on advice I get from a message board.

Sorry but she called me again last night. I happened to be crashed out when I got her message, she was calling (around 10PM) just to congratulate me about my Red Sox beating up on her Yankees - she was at a bar. On top of that a girl that thinks of me as LJBF material does not consistantly walk right up to me &amp; \"boob\" me, given the fact that she is a little small in the rack guarantees it was no accident. Not to mention her behavior when I wear her favorite cologne + mones getting her to say, \"I want to eat you all over.\" Now I know why I don\'t post here so much lately..

**DONOTDELETE**
05-21-2003, 05:50 AM
Bivonic, we\'re trying to help. I still have yet to hear of you getting laid since you\'ve been here.

What do you think of as your next step, with a girl who calls you for dating advice, talks to you about sports, lets you rub her arm, and boobs you whenever she feels like it?

You don\'t feel even a little bit like a comfy old shoe?

You don\'t think it\'s significant that she feels free to call you up in the middle of the night? No idea in her head that she might be disturbuing your privacy with someone ...

pelotudo
05-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Bivonic, we\'re trying to help. I still have yet to hear of you getting laid since you\'ve been here.

What do you think of as your next step, with a girl who calls you for dating advice, talks to you about sports, lets you rub her arm, and boobs you whenever she feels like it?

You don\'t feel even a little bit like a comfy old shoe?

You don\'t think it\'s significant that she feels free to call you up in the middle of the night? No idea in her head that she might be disturbuing your privacy with someone ...

I\'m going to have to agree w/ FTR on this one.

She\'s comfortable with you, really comfortable. I have a girl now that is exactly like this with me. We\'ll both flirt with each other, and neither of us care where we touch each other. I\'ve laid out on her chest before, and she doesn\'t care. We talk about [bad word], crack on other people, but there\'s no way in hell we\'re going out. Sometimes, even friends, are closer to you than someone you\'re sleeping with or want to be sleeping with. Just b/c you have some false sense of security and think that all of this is meaning that she is giving you signs and wanting to f*ck you...she\'s thinking the entire time that \"Man, Bivonic is an awesome guy...he doesn\'t care how much we flirt, I feel comfortable around him, he\'s a great FRIEND.\"

But hey, I could be wrong...and you\'re right, you should just unzip your pants the next time you guys meet when you\'re wearing your fav -mone/cologne combo...and she\'ll go down on you right then.

-Jon

Enticing
05-21-2003, 04:45 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Works for me.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

proteus
05-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Some classic Gunwitch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Not approaching women at all? Get goin [bad word].

Thinking looks dont matter? Lose that extra 75lbs you living oven mit!

Not realizing women wanna (edited) A LOT? Hey we got em for a reason stop thinking and start approaching.

Approaching groups? Stop it.

Doing all club PU? Try a department store or mall out.

Trying to be romance based verbally? Stop it.

Trying to \"be a jerk\" or cocky verbally? Knock it off [bad word].

Trying to be \"funny\" verbally? No one likes a wise ass, knock it off.

Trying to make her have a good time? A GOOD time for chicks is a roll in the sack not a fuckin magic show/psychoanalysis, get with it, are you casanova or carrot top?

Do you focus far more on what you say than the dynamics between you and her or your own projection of state to her? Forget WHAT you say.

Do you have bad breath or not bother to smell good before going out to PU? Take a bath shithead.

Are you relaxed as you speak to her? Or have you not been doing enough approaching to get this relaxed condition yet? Get goin!

Do you not focus on your sexual state and conveying it to her. Quit jerkin off all the time, be sexual with women not your hand.

Do you touch her at common sense intuitive levels for the level of rapport at the moment? Do it!

Do you make good eye contact, sensual eye contact? Do it!

Do you speak Slowly and relaxed as you would to a lover? Do so!

Are you 3 feet away from her at all times or do you get closer as the rapport goes on to deeper levels? Get in closer to \"get in\" later.

Do you break her state on the approach by having a total different energy level/ state than she does at the moment? What the [bad word] do you think youre doin!? Match her energy level.

Do you continue asking questions about her or volunteering information about yourself after the dynamic has moved past that already, regressing your rapport? Dont beat a dead horse you dont want around anyhow, move on to a better convo and rapport dynamic.

Are you ejecting/getting a phone number/email ect at the first dead spot a conversation has? Rather than persisting to rapport? Quit being a pussy! She aint gonna beat ya up!

Are you attempting isolation without an IOI or SOI from her of sex first? Wait til you see SOME indicator.

Are you taking \"maybes\", \"i dunno knows\" and \"i shouldnts\" as NOs? Do you eject/get a number/email rather than persist to getting her alone? Quit being a pussy!

Are you getting mad, down or sad after the first rejection of sex from a makeout position in isolation and giving up totally? Rather than continuing things until she gets hot enough? Dont give up at the final hill soldier, just a little push and youre over.

Are you not approaching women at all? Needs repeating, get movin and youve got it.