PDA

View Full Version : Roll-top

dpguy
01-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

What do you do when you are done with your mix and are going to put something new in a roll-top bottle? Do you somehow clean the top?

Thanks,
Dpguy

krtel
01-26-2003, 03:41 PM
I clean the top and the bottle with soap and warm water.

- Krish

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2003, 04:13 PM
Take the roll top off and rinse it, wash the bottle out with soap and water, put the roll top back on and roll it several times over paper towel or what have you, to make sure the soap and water covers the ball and around the part that holds the ball, then do the same with clean water. You could finish off with alcohol if you\'re persnickety.

bundyburger
01-26-2003, 04:36 PM
I cleaned mine with metholated spirits a couple of days ago and... it\'s now leaking. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif But the mixture seems runnier/thinner now with NPA and PI added.

dpguy
01-26-2003, 10:59 PM
How hard do you push when you apply to skin? Hard enough so that the liquid on the skin is the circumference of the roll-top? I noticed that when I push lightly, only a small line of liquid appears, but when I push hard the liquid is as wide as the top. I\'m just curious.

Thanks for the replies,
Dpguy

bundyburger
01-26-2003, 11:41 PM
This is where it gets vague. There doesn;t seem to be a way for all of us to know exactly how much is going on. I\'m thinking of using an eyedropper for SoE so as I know that it is consistent. I know how \"I\" apply it but others would be different.

dpguy
01-27-2003, 11:37 AM
I agree. It\'s difficult to say how much pressure you are applying or describe another qualitative measure.

Watcher
01-27-2003, 05:46 PM
The roll top works best for SOE mixes Ie (DD#1). U might want to clean it in hot water and let soak for 12 hours in a glass of cold water, that kills the remaining scent and add a few drops of vanilla to clean out any residue smell - vanilla also blends the scent of different products and if 2 products dont mix vanilla can be the answer (also good for toning down the AE and The edge scents)