PDA

View Full Version : If you could tell guys that go to the gym...

bivonic
01-25-2003, 12:33 PM
If you could tell the average male that go to the gym on a regular basis what to work on during his workout what would you recommend, better yet rank the below from 1 to 5.

<<Alphabetically listed>>
Back
Biceps
Cardio
Chest
Thighs & Butt

I would tell the average female:
1. cardio
2. thighs & butt
3. biceps

I don\'t like the body builder look on a girl, but I do like a little muscle tone on the arms & thighs, I think it\'s sexy.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 12:37 PM
ABS, shoulders, biceps, would be my vote. Most guys seem to do all right with butts, etc. It\'s the upper body that seems to go. What kills me is guys, e.g., in personal ads, who describe themselves as in \"great\" shape, say they spend at least 1/2 a day in the gym - and you meet them and their asses and legs are just as tight and defined as you could want - and everything from there up is jelly. They go to the gym and ride the bikes, and that\'s it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Blackwidow_Woman
01-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Thighs & Butt of course!!!!!!!! I love grabbing a mans A$$ and smacking it to hehehehehe!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
01-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Honestly, I love a guy with great legs. And I\'m not talking biking legs,I\'m talking running legs. And I find that a guy who runs looks pretty good all the way up to his chest and arms, which aren\'t so great. So in addition to running, I\'d say work on the shoulders and arms a bit, along with that \"T\" in the back. Mmmm....

Elana
01-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Abs, chest, biceps, butt

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Runners and swimmers usually have good bodies.

Sexyredhead
01-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Ooooh, yeah, swimmers are generally hot.:) But gotta love the bods on those soccer players. (sigh) lol

bivonic
01-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Yeah I purposely didn\'t put ABS in the list, in my opinion that comes down to diet & cardio, at least for me, I can feel a 6 pack under my thin layer of fat.

I\'ve been doing real good with my cardio recently (4+ miles per day on the elliptical), it\'s just my diet that I\'m too stubborn to change. When I lift I do the body for life regimen where you do a set 12, 10, 8, 6 & back to 12 - you increase the amount of weights up to 6 & then go back to the base for the final 12.

As far as exercises I don\'t vary it too much I stick to:
- incline presses (very low angle like 20 or 30 degrees
- 1 rep of butterflies on the machine
- back using the pull down bar
- shoulders using the machine
- triceps - pully
- biceps - either pully or dumbells

Overall work out takes a little over an hour if I do 30 minutes of cardio, I almost wish I did more cardio but my feet hurt if I do, I guess I just have to wisen up & change my diet & reduce my drinking, bah. Can\'t have my pie & eat too hehe!

I typically do the weight training 1st & then the cardio but I\'ve been reversing a little the past week to see how hard to lift it would be, I find it\'s easier on my body to lift 1st & then cardio, I think your system is depleted of a substance when you do cardio that your system needs in order to do strenuous activity like lifting so I was told always lift first & then do cardio.

As far as supplements I use ATP Advantage Creatine Serum (liquid), it\'s expensive like $40 a bottle, but my muscles never hurt later in the day or the next day, I could lift 7 days a week if I wanted to with no injury. Oh yeah I also take two vitamin supplements - Nature\'s Plus Ultra I - One a Day & Nature\'s Plus Vitamin B Complex.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 12:51 PM
That would be a good post for the Health section.

franki
01-25-2003, 12:54 PM
From reading Bodybuilding message boards for a while I thought liquid creatine isn\'t worth sh%t, because it is not stable in liquid.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bivonic
01-25-2003, 12:54 PM
I thought of that, but the intent of the post was to get the female\'s perspective on what they think guys need to pay more attention to. I had a theory that waist line was more important to women then the size of their pecks & I think I was right. I\'ll cut paste the above & put it in there as you suggest.

bivonic
01-25-2003, 01:00 PM
Don\'t believe everything you read. Heheh, I\'m telling you this stuff works wonders for me, plus here are the advantages from what I have read comparing it to the powder:

Serum: convenient to use
Powder: inconvenient time consuming

Serum: no loading - take just minutes before exercise
Powder: loading required, must take 5 days prior

Serum: no maintenance, only training days
Powder: daily maintenance even when not training

Serum: instant absorption
Powder: takes one hour or more to digest

Serum: completely assimilated into the muscles in minutes
Powder: 50% loss through digestion

Serum: 100% stable, 2-year shelf life
Powder: unstable: rapidly degrades into waste product creatine

Serum: does not cause water retention, bloating or cramping
Powder: causes water retention resulting in dehydration, bloating & cramping

Serum: stay with your normal water intake
Powder: must consume extra water to counteract dehydration

I got turned onto this stuff from a bouncer I know who is in very good physical shape - he also turned me onto the Nature\'s Plus products - it makes you piss day glow yellow (the excess that your body does not use) pretty cool - I have SUPER PISS!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Lunatic. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

A slim midsection makes your dick look bigger, did you know that?

bivonic
01-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Oh I thought my big dick made my dick look bigger. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
01-25-2003, 01:08 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
01-25-2003, 01:11 PM
I don\'t believe in the need for supplements or any of that crap. Just eat right and exercise. That\'s all I do and I look fantabulous! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Bivonic, you may be right. Come here and let me see.

franki
01-25-2003, 01:14 PM
I bet you look good without make-up too, but that doesn\'t prevent you from using a little extra help. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Franki

Elana
01-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Franki-
STOP STEALING FTR\'s SIGNATURES!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 01:26 PM
But Elana, he IS one of the secret helpers ...

franki
01-25-2003, 01:26 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif @ Elana

Lucky
01-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Chest, legs, and a cut waist are my favorites.

Wolfe
01-25-2003, 02:53 PM
shucks, i\'m as wide as i am tall but found licking my nose is all i needed

Wolfe
01-25-2003, 02:54 PM
j/k

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 02:55 PM
You\'re a liar, too, I know \'cause I asked Bel what you look like. :P

Wolfe
01-25-2003, 02:59 PM
he told me he told you i was a short fat guy /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Elana
01-25-2003, 03:01 PM
That\'s what he told me, Wolfe

Sexyredhead
01-25-2003, 03:05 PM
Remember in Earth Girls Are Easy, when the aliens are in the club and, I think it was Jim Carrey, used his tongue to get the ice cube out of the bottom of his glass? Immediately he was swamped with women. lol

Wolfe
01-25-2003, 03:08 PM
heh, if a person can be that at 5\'10\" and 167 #\'s i guess so /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

bundyburger
01-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Elana,

\"I don\'t believe in the need for supplements or any of that crap. Just eat right and exercise. That\'s all I do and I look fantabulous! \"

Yeah but are you really a dancer?? Dancers have the best bodies. I know Kylie Minogue (If you\'ve heard of her /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif) does JUST dancing for fitness and has an excellent body.
I\'ve heard the same about male dancers too. But wouldn\'t know. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif ...Though they always seem to have good abs and stuff all fat.

Elana
01-25-2003, 05:33 PM
<Yeah but are you really a dancer?? Dancers have the best bodies.>

I was for over 8 years. I haven\'t danced in years and my body is still in near perfect shape, from eating right and exercising.. Modesty.... What is that? /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

bundyburger
01-25-2003, 06:01 PM
modesty (mod\'is·të) n. Decent reserve and propriety;delicacy; decorum.
...Synonyms: backwardness, bashfulness, coldness, constraint, coyness, diffidence, reserve, shyness, timidity, unobtrusiveness.

...hmmm

...Nnnnuuuup. No match. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2003, 06:07 PM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Wolfe
01-25-2003, 06:11 PM
when ya got it, flaunt it /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
01-25-2003, 07:36 PM
con·ceit·ed
having an excessively high opinion of oneself

Now that is more like it /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

belgareth
01-27-2003, 05:51 AM
I told you he was a short fat bald guy who tucks his grey beard into his belt! And he smells like mules.

Wolfe
01-27-2003, 06:50 AM
now that part is bull, keep telling ya thats you\'re upper lip /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Lucky
01-27-2003, 08:47 AM
It takes a lot of abuse for a dancer to lose her body. A lot. The legs always stay shapely.

belgareth
01-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Dancers and girls involved in marshal arts have the best bodies IMHO. They always seem so graceful and vibrant. I love to watch them (amongst other things I like to do with them)

bivonic
01-27-2003, 10:25 AM
All I can think about is Jaime Pressley from that show Jack & Jill, yowza what a body. For those that haven\'t seen it, she\'s a dancer & was often seen wearing the tightest clothing when she went to her dance sessions.