PDA

View Full Version : * ORAC: Clove EO is the strongest antioxidant *

NoLimits
01-24-2003, 06:15 PM
10,786,875 ORAC score per drop.

DrSmellThis
01-24-2003, 11:08 PM
It is also a liver toxin in high doses. Never ingest it if not organic, then a max of 4 drops in a glass of water, if liver is in good shape.

Otherwise good for you, and makes a mouthwash with aphrodisiac qualities.

MaxiMog
01-26-2003, 12:50 AM
WHA???

NL, where\'dya get that information?

Anyone knows a place with articles on different oils and the effects upon digestion?

DrSmellThis
01-26-2003, 04:12 AM
I have a very knowledgeable nutritionist friend and have experimented with ingesting organic clove oil quite a bit, as has he. 4 drops is the dose we both settled on. You can add 1-2 drops of peppermint to make a drinkable mouthwash. This deodorizes your whole system, and also fights candida.

I did a study at a college I taught at where young women found clove oil to be among the sexiest essential oil smells. Cedar was rated highest. Sandalwood and patchouli were up there. Coriander was 2nd among the spices, which is weird to me as I think it\'s pretty funky. I forgot to test cinnamon, however.

Organic Peppermint oil and organic ginger both help digestion.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Could you use, for example, Aura Cacia oils, for this? I\'m nervous to buy essential oils because I never can get a straight answer whether they\'re ok to ingest, use directly on skin, breathe, etc. ... I\'d like to try your mouthwash recipe.

What\'s ORAC?

btw, I love coriander. Have you ever smelled the cologne, Coriandre? One of my all time favorites. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

NoLimits
01-26-2003, 12:10 PM
O.R.A.C. (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) is a way to measure antioxidant power. It is good information for anyone who is interested in the \"free radical theory of aging\". You should get at least 5,000 ORAC units of free radical protection (antioxidants) every day.

You should use organic theraputic grade or food grade essential oils. I saw some organic clove EO for $7.50 for 1 ounce.

One way to use EOs is to put a few drops in a carrier oil and rub them on the bottom of your feet. You can also inhale them or even put a few drops in your food or drink. Be sure to do your own research on using EOs and make sure that they are diluted when necessary.

For more info about the ORAC of clove EO go to www.av.com (\"http://www.av.com\") and do a search like this:
+clove +ORAC +\"essential oil\"

Cloves are also a great source of organic manganese. Manganese is the mineral that activates enzymes needed for the production of sex hormones (testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, etc.) I use ground cloves in protein shakes.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Thanks