PDA

View Full Version : Truth or Fiction?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 03:45 PM
Women - have you actually ever experienced your period changing to match up with another woman\'s cycle, or hers changing to match up with yours? I keep reading about this but I\'ve never seen it happen. Curious if it was one of those fluke things that happens in the study but doesn\'t really happen much in real life.

Wolfe
01-23-2003, 03:54 PM
i saw it happen, my daughter and ex where 2 weeks apart when my daughter 1st started hers, in time she changed to match the ex\'s almost to the same days now. took like 6 months to happen, it seemed to change a few days at a time.
course now being mother/daugther might influance it too

Sexyredhead
01-23-2003, 04:45 PM
When I was in high school and lived with my mom and sister, we were all at about the same time. I\'ve heard the fathers of daughters lament about the whole house having PMS and going fishing for that week. lol
Also, I used to work at a florist, and after several months of working there, most of the female employees noticed we were having PMS/period around the same time. Not exactly to the day, but all in about the same 10-day period.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 04:48 PM
Stupid me. I just realized ... my best friend was on Depo, I\'m sure I was on the pill or something else chemical, always am ... I don\'t know for sure what the other two used besides condoms but I am pretty sure one of the other girls was also on the pill, which only left one girl to be able to fall into synch with anybody. THAT would explain it. sorry - I hadn\'t remembered when I posted this.

Sexyredhead
01-23-2003, 04:57 PM
Depo question, if you can answer, FTR. One friend of mine is on that, and she never has her period. Another friend\'s roommate, on the other hand, is on Depo and is always having her period--constantly. Do you know what\'s up with that? Also, the friend who never has her period on Depo switched to it because on the pill, she always had her period twice a month. :\\ I\'ve never been on Depo, and the pill has always been pretty straightforward for me.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 05:04 PM
My doctor put me on Depo to treat dysfunctional uterine bleeding, reassuring me that this would make it stop, my period would stop completely. I did two rounds of Depo and never felt worse in my life, and my period most certainly DID NOT stop. He didn\'t want me on the pill because I smoke. So I told him I quit. Went on the pill, no more bleeding, no more problems.

My roommate that was on Depo (sorry people who\'ve heard this story before) was a runner, very athletic, and went on Depo exactly because it would stop her period. It stopped her period and then she got floaters in her eyes and started not feeling well. She had retinal detachment and had to have her retinas stapled --a side effect of the Depo. Now she can\'t run at all -- too high impact on her eyes. The woman I used to go to to get my hair cut has horror stories about Depo --I can\'t remember them all.

I\'m against it. I don\'t trust it. The pill works great for me, too, always has. Depo\'s got too much sh!t going on with it.

You don\'t HAVE to have a period on the pill. I don\'t. Take the active pills always, and throw away the placebos. You\'re not ovulating anyway. The \"period\" you have on the pill is a false period, it was just made that way so women would feel more normal while they were taking the pill. I have my doctor write out the prescription for 15 pill packs for the year and just stay on it. No more period. Works like a charm.

How old is your friend who has her period constantly on Depo? Because that\'s not her period, that\'s dysfunctional uterine bleeding. And the one who had it twice a month on the pill just needed a different pill.

Where\'s Lucky, she would know, she\'s a nurse.

Wolfe
01-23-2003, 05:59 PM
constant PMS?..good greif, that\'s one i\'d run from /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sexyredhead
01-23-2003, 07:13 PM
The friend with a constant period is 20. I\'m surprised she\'s not anemic. Then again, she may very well be. All she does is sleep and mess around with her boyfriend--although I admit that can be tiring, especially when one is going at it like practicing for the olympics.lol

And yes, Wolfe, we\'re talking constant PMS. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif However, she and her boyfriend have only one thing in common, and he\'s moved in to the apartment too, so we don\'t see either one of them much, fortunately.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 07:29 PM
How can she STAND it? I nearly lost my mind that year. Threw such a fit in the doctor\'s office after months and months of no results that I\'m surprised he didn\'t call the police. You must be worried about her ...

Blackwidow_Woman
01-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Me and my 2 Daughters have a period at the same time and whoa talk about us being crazy we like to strangle each other during this time.. wierd how we use to be diffrent and now we all start at the same time...PMS!! hey dont even talk to me about that word,, Thats the worst with us..we are such mean nasty twits,B$#&%@ we are, oh i mean ladies we are ,,, hehehehehehe!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
01-24-2003, 05:00 AM
sure glad i only have a 15 y/o girl in the house, other two are sons /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif (20 and 10 )..can ya tell?..i had a 5 yr pattern /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif..dont ask me why.

belgareth
01-24-2003, 05:38 AM
It happened in my house. I have three daughters, the older two, my wife and an exchange student we were hosting were all within two days of each other.

It was a really good time to go fishing for a week!

Wolfe
01-24-2003, 06:54 AM
be damn glad they did too /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
cant think what it\'d be like if they took turns at it

belgareth
01-24-2003, 06:55 AM
Yeah, one or the other, four weeks running? Good grounds for divorce. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2003, 08:05 AM
What I can\'t figure out is, how does it make sense from an evolutionary point of view, for all the women to ovulate at the same time? Looks like women would be better off to take turns being fertile. If we naturally synchronize so we\'re all fertile at once ... then we\'ve got to fight over who\'s around to fertilize us. Nature sure does seem to like a good fight.

franki
01-24-2003, 08:07 AM
When you are fertile at the same time, you know for sure your men is not impregnating your roommate (as long as he is sleeping with you).

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
01-24-2003, 08:07 AM
<What I can\'t figure out is, how does it make sense from an evolutionary point of view, for all the women to ovulate at the same time?>

Maybe it is just Ali\'s will. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

I have experienced it too many times. My college roommates and I were always on the same cycle.

Sexyredhead
01-24-2003, 08:19 AM
We do worry about her. On the other hand, she tells us it\'s normal and to mind our #^%&^$$%#$% business.:\\ She seems to be losing her hair too. She and her boyfriend like shower sex and indulge quite a bit. There\'s always a patch of hair on the wall. Don\'t know if that\'s from all the banging up against the wall or something else. She won\'t listen to any of us though. My friend has said something to her roommate\'s mom, but so far nobody can get her to do anything. I think the roommate is afraid she and her boyfriend will have nothing to do if they have to stop having sex while waiting for some other kind of birth control to kick in. Stupid, I know, but she\'s not always the sharpest knife in the drawer.:(

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2003, 09:37 AM
She won\'t go to the doctor just to get the bleeding to stop?? She doesn\'t have to stop having sex to do that, does she?

Wow. That\'s scary to me, the whole thing you just wrote.

Wolfe
01-24-2003, 09:42 AM
no kidding, sounds like a death wish to me.

Mtnjim
01-24-2003, 10:04 AM
RUN away as fast as you can!!!

Sexyredhead
01-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Told the boyfriend at lunch today while she was in the ladies\' room. I think if he cares enough about her to live with her, he might actually get her to do something if the rest of us can\'t. I mentioned medical terms and told him the stories (briefly) you told me, and he seemed rather shocked. Maybe that will help. Thanks for the stories, FTR, that might have gotten something to happen.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Good, jesus, I hope so.

Blackwidow_Woman
01-24-2003, 11:35 AM
hehehehe!!! you dont want to run away from us now do you....LOL!!!! When we are all on the rag at the same time we go thru this no sex food thing its really wierd but we getting to eatting and looking at stuff we never would have..EEEEEEEEE.. i think that if a guy came thru the door we would have one big cat fight of whos gone get him first.. my sex drive is soooo darn high at that time its unreal.. ya ya i know its supose to be but hey i do what i gota do to fix it ...JR gets no rest when that happens.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif poor guy he cant stand it when we are all on at the same time its like geez thank god theres only 3 of them not more...LOL!!!!