PDA

View Full Version : Air Travel with Pheromones

nonscents
01-23-2003, 09:32 AM
I have a couple of business trips coming up and I will want to bring a bottle of AE (new scent), the plastic sample TE(s) spray, and the foil SOE gel.

1. With heightened security in US airports, will any of these cause any problems in carry-on or checked luggage?

2. Will the reduced air pressure cause leakage? (I\'d hate to have my only suit soaked with mones.)

bivonic
01-23-2003, 09:35 AM
I wouldn\'t worry about #2, but I am equally curious about #1, If I have like 6 little bottles with chemical written on them, how are they to know I\'m not making a poison gas or a bomb - plus I would want to keep these on my carry on bag - anyone had any problems explaining what you are carrying? I doubt airline security is very hip on pheromones!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Put them in a zip lock bag, at any rate. If you leave the labels on, just explain that they\'re colognes.

Wolfe
01-23-2003, 09:39 AM
good question, though ya know, many ppl have to travel every day, and many of those do have to have all kinds of meds of all sorts( those would be pills/liquids and creams i\'m sure) and i havnet heard storys of them gettin held up much.

Wolfe
01-23-2003, 09:41 AM
that would be hard for me there RED as i remove the labels the day they arrive before i store them so noone else knows what they are.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-23-2003, 09:44 AM
Always a problem, huh, Wolfe?

Wolfe
01-23-2003, 09:46 AM
not alone in that, many remove the labels /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
01-23-2003, 09:47 AM
one way might be to call the airport security and ask them the policy on stuff like that ahead of time.

upsidedown
01-23-2003, 10:59 AM
I\'ve traveled through airports with my pheromones quite a few times with no problems yet.

I usually put some in my checked suitcase. I did have some leakage problems with the atomizers and NPA during the flight. I don\'t know that it was due to anything other than poorly designed containers. I understand that the NPA bottle was a known problem that has been corrected. I would pack the pheromones in a little mini toiletries kit along with my toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant. I think that most security people will readily recognize a toiletries kit and toothbrush on the x-ray machine and won\'t be overly concerned about seeing other small items in there with it. This is probably the safest place to pack them.

I have also usually carried on at least one or two pheromone items with me for possible use in the plane or in the airport once I land. I have NEVER kept them on my body in case of a random gate check (which I dont\' think they do anymore.) But, I always carried my laptop with me, and would pack my pheromones with my laptop along with other small items. Security never had any questions on what was packed along with my laptop, they were more interested in me taking out the laptop and looking it over rather than the bag. Overall though, I would suggest actually packing your pheromones with your toothbrush and supplies should you be in a position to have a carry on. Just put them all in a plastic bag to protect your other items in case of leakage. Othewise, it should be OK in the checked baggage.

My main concern with puting them in my checked baggage was not so much in leakage, but more a concern about them possibly being subjected to extremely cold temperatures. I don\'t know how well heated the cargo area is, or how much cold can possibly damage the pheromones.

CptKipling
01-23-2003, 05:21 PM
My atomiser leaked aswell, and I had it in my toilettries bag!!

xvs
01-23-2003, 07:47 PM
I\'ve travelled quite a lot since 9/11. I do lots of experimenting, so my pheros are all in generic amber dropper bottles with hand-applied labels such as \"-none\", \"-nol\", etc.

I\'ve also travelled with my own copulin concentrate in three concentric vials (to keep the odor locked in).

No problems at all.

One of the bottles has my own cologne formulation, and my plan was to open it and say it was perfumery supplies, but again, no problems.

These were all in carry-ons and I have been searched.

Sexyredhead
01-24-2003, 08:44 AM
A question, since there was mention of extreme temps damaging the -mones. What about this major cold snap we\'ve got down south? Would sitting around in a mailbox all afternoon at 16F cause degradation? How cold does \"extreme\" mean?

Wolfe
01-24-2003, 08:50 AM
they can be stored refrigerated, but at freezing temps..not sure what that\'d do..though keep in mind, they are shipped by air from alot of places overseas and those cargo bays arnt heated..if it affected them you\'d think the manufacturs would take steps to ground ship them or put them in insulation...but that speculation there.