PDA

View Full Version : Forum Members' Discount

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 09:53 AM
Hello All,

The 15% Forum Members\' (end of the month) discount is back by popular demand. See the announcement list above for details, but all you have to do is put the word \"forum\" (no quotes) into the discount coupon code box when you check your order out, and you will get 15% deducted from your order total. Good only until the last day of the month.

Thanks for your help on the forum. Looks like it it time to try out another board system though. It is getting pretty slow.

All the Best,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 09:53 AM
Slow??? What\'s slow about it? I think this new forum is miles above the last one. I use both a 100T and 56K hookup and notice no difference in speed - both are fast enough for this (but not for playing Quake deathmatches - the 56K sucks for that).

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 09:54 AM
Hi Chemist,

The loading is fast. By \"slow\" I meant the posting activity on the board. We used to get dozens of posts every day, and it has dropped off to a trickle. I like a lot of the new features, but for some reason folks are not posting like they used to.

Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
Two things:

1) people are probably not posting because they have to register to use this board. It keeps the weirdos out but also cuts down on posts because of lack of this .

2) Is it possible to take advantage of the 15% forum discount and the mailorder cash/check at the same time?

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
Hi Bruce,
I don\'t order online, can I tell the person on the phone about the discount when ordering by credit card?
http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg (\"http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg\")

(Edited by jose at 10:47 pm on May 22, 2001)

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 09:55 AM
Hi you guys,

Technically, the 15% is only for online orders. It is kind of tough combining it with other offers or freebies. The phone orders cost me about 4-5 bucks depending on how long you talk. It is important to offer a free phone number as a lot of follks are afraid to send their cc # thru the internet, but it costs me out the wazoo every month. The way it is set up now, the operaters will say \"huh??\" if you ask for a 15% discount. Maybe I could make it 10% to compensate for the phone charges. I am at your mercy, as you active posters help business a lot. Let me know what you think. But maybe you could use the online system at discount time and give the girls a rest (meaning the operaters of course)

Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
Hi Bruce !

It really costs you 5 buckys if someone orders by phone?
What telephone company charges that much?

Can we use the lovely forum discount together with the Mailorder-specials (sending by Fax) order though? That would be really brilliant. I have at least two products in mind incl AFA. ( And our exchange rate is even worse than the canadian one, that´s one reason I´m asking )

reason also for me to order by mail is that the letters`MWC´ are a lot more a discreet name to have on your bankstatement than `love-scent´! (I did it once and was a bit embarrassed!)

You can post me privately if you want some more details .

Luv see ya
CJ

-----
CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
My two cents,

Is 15% discount possible for mail? Ordering online is definitly not the way I would like to benefit from the discount. (IMHO) Anyway, I find that money orders rule so the discount should be available for it also. And if it\'s possible I should know it now because my order will not get in time otherwise...

Ludovic Darmk

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 09:56 AM
Hello Ludivik,
You are right about the money orders. They are the cheapest to process. Credit cards, 800#, they all cost money and it adds up, but they are a fact of life in business, since they are easy and safe for the customer to use (as long as you don\'t get into debt with them).

The only problem with giving the 15% discount for mailorder is that we already hand out freebies with mailorders. If you want to get the 15% INSTEAD OF the normal mailorder freebies, that is fine. Just get the order in by the last day of the month and write on the form that you want the 15% discount INSTEAD OF the mailorder freebies. I can tell Tammy to watch out for that from now on. Remember though, this is just a special that USUALLY runs near the end of the month, and ends on the first.

Cheers,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 09:57 AM
Hello CJ01,
For the time being, if you order when the coupon discount is up, you will get the same \"MWC\" on your card statement. It is a long story about that, but you can order online until June first and get MWC billing.

The mailorder freebies are a gift for using a money order which saves on all the card processing fees and associated problems, so ordering by fax won\'t help much. you might as well order online. If you do it now, you will get the 15% off, and have MWC on your statement.

Cheers,
Bruce