PDA

View Full Version : Writing a Paper w/ Chapter on Same Sex Attraction

**DONOTDELETE**
01-18-2003, 12:13 AM
I\'m putting a research paper together on pheremones, and I\'d like to include a chapter on same-sex attraction. I\'ve been looking around the forums for some information on this, but it\'s scattered everywhere. So I was wondering if some of you experts could answer a couple questions directly.

I know that there have been new \'gay\' pheremones that have been discovered (supposedly), but little research has been done on this. In terms of the well-known mones and products that currently exist, I\'ve heard somewhat contradictory answers, most of which fall into two categories:

A) Gay men should use products for men. Makes sense, but they also contain Arone, an \'indicator of heterosexuality\'.

B) They should use products for women. These contain practically no -none but a lot of -nol, which works on both sexes. But, it doesn\'t necessarily produce overt sexual aggressiveness, just friendliness and confidence. They also tend to contain copulins, which I would think would throw the mix for gay men.

I\'ve also heard that when people mix these products, they get strange androgenous \'mixed signal\' results.

I\'d like to get some clarity if possible.

My three questions are: Anecdotally, which product have you guys noticed that has gotten you the most same-sex \'hits\'? Are these hits overtly sexual or is it just excessive friendliness? What about lesbian women?

Any help on this would be great, since my paper is under a pretty short deadline. I think it would make an interesting addition. Thanks,

TR

franki
01-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Post deleted by franki

franki
01-18-2003, 01:03 AM
\"Anecdotally, which product have you guys noticed that has gotten you the most same-sex \'hits\'? Are these hits overtly sexual or is it just excessive friendliness?\"

Are you interested in straight males\'reactions too? A lot of them tend to have a lot of respect for you if you use -none.

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-18-2003, 01:39 AM
I corrected it right off--it was a typo. Thanks,

TR

MaxiMog
01-18-2003, 02:35 AM
For gay people it\'s actually more like this: the dominant person should wear male pheromones while the submissive (dunno if it\'s the right word but it should mean non-dominant) person wears female pheromones. So it really depends on the roles that they play. (You know, gay people play roles. They\'re both from the same sex but nevertheless one will always act more masculine, the other more feminine. (Either subconscious or by just saying whos dominant that day)

Now if I continue following this line of thought, then I think I know how males may benefit from wearing copulins: they perhaps give the signal that you\'re willing to give yourself to her without her having even asked. I mean, when wearing male pheromones, she\'ll be misteriously drawn to you, but that isn\'t really a confirmation to her that you\'ll actually give her what she wants (even if it\'s only conversation). Copulins might help THEM being more confident to go up to you and take initiative. (as they get the feeling that you\'re submissive (not in the sense of non-dominant but in the sense of willing to accept her offers more easily)

jvkohl
01-19-2003, 01:14 AM
Who is your audience for the paper? I just published part two of an article in Across Species Comparisons and Psychopathology. It explains how olfaction and chemistry influence the development of male homosexual orientation.

CptKipling
01-19-2003, 09:03 AM
JVK,

Is it true that gay men will produce an abnormal ratio of -rone:(the other one, can\'t remember)?

Another usefull post! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

DrSmellThis
01-20-2003, 12:09 AM
There is some evidence they produce less rone on the average, not to far off estimated average levels produced by women. I\'ve had negative reactions from a gay man for no apparent reason once when wearing heavy -rone.

Watcher
01-20-2003, 12:21 AM
Yeah ive had the same sort of responses with chem set Rone.

jvkohl
01-20-2003, 06:56 PM
The variability is in the metabolism of DHEA to androsterone and etiocholanolone. Ratios in the urine of homosexual males were similar to the ratios in heterosexual women. You should be able to find something that I\'ve written in this regard: book chapter, article--look on my website under scientific information.

Watcher
01-20-2003, 08:44 PM
James u have a very good website there.

CptKipling
01-21-2003, 05:37 AM
So in a product for gay men (using SOE as an example), on paper all you would have to do is replace the androsterone with etiocholanolone?

jvkohl
01-21-2003, 09:03 PM
I\'m sure it would be more difficult that simply reversing ratios or just substituting etiocholanolone for -rone. Savic et. al, bring us closer to someone doing a study on such things. They found that women and men respond in a different part of the hypothalamus to opposite sex pheromones. The part of the hypothalamus is responsible for sexual differentiation (especially with regard to olfaction) and has been shown to vary in size/neuronal density in homosexual males as opposed to heterosexual males or heterosexual females. More info about this on my website.

Watcher
01-22-2003, 02:55 PM
That website and book of youres has some very interesting reading on it james. Very informative, a good alternative to that cutler/athena site.

jvkohl
01-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Thanks, Watcher. I\'m in the process of updating the site prior to what usually is a Valentine\'s day rush of visitors. Each year, television newscasters mention something about the involvement of pheromones in human behavior (usually out of context, if not altogether wrong). At least their misguided reports get people interested in finding out the facts.

Watcher
01-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Id add some a1 also, the though just occoured to me (small amount though or perhaps couplins.)

Watcher
01-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Which means the following.
*more education from yorue website
*Media attention
*more sales of SOE and other love-scent products.
*A few more 100 forum members.

Good to see you updating the website, looking forward to looking at the new material.