PDA

View Full Version : Freud, Pheromones and Sexuality

abductor
01-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Sigmund Freud affirms that the sexuality starts since the birth.
---
JVK posted:
With adrenarche (the adrenal-controlled pre-pubertal process that leads to puberty) children anywhere from about age 6 to age 10 experience a change in odor hedonics (e.g, personal preferences). The change is from fruity/flowery to musky/oily at the same time pheromone production is beginning. This unconscious effect (the change)is most likely due to the effect of pheromones on hormones. On the other hand, children often are programmed to like the consciously perceived odors of adults who are \"good\" to them. So, depending on the age of the child and level of physical maturity, pheromones may or may not be a determining factor in behavior. Post-pubertally, pheromones definitely are a determining factor in behavior.
---------
Does Freud had some notion about sexuality and smell ?

DrSmellThis Do you have some commentary?????

abductor
01-17-2003, 10:43 PM
PS - I am lay in psychoanalysis..

frenchie
01-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Hi Abductor,
Does Freud had some notion about sexuality and smell ?
If my memory is good enough, I read that Freud was really aware of the importance of smell in sexuality : the smell indicating if a woman is receptive or not. And this was kind of revolutionary at this time.
This notion had also been re-discovered by Darwin (18th or 19th century). Remember the prehistoric man, pulling his female by the hair, or animals (we are animals after all) sniffing each other\'s anus to have the answer...
Don\'t laugh or feel chocked, but man as a species has transformed these original behaviors into more subtle and very different ones.
Can\'t tell you anymore, I\'ve never studied psychology but a psy friend told me that.
All I can say is : man has lived many centuries of obscurantism, trying to hide his smells under tons of perfumes. Though the smell of too much sweat is... urk !

Hope it helped
Frenchie

Watcher
01-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Good point and to much smell is urk.

abductor
01-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks Frenchie,
My main doubt is: which age the phero begins to act? starting the birth or more later.

PS->
sniffing each other\'s anus to have the answer...
Don\'t laugh or feel chocked
Sorry Frenchie, but it is laugh, I remembered a funny history that my grandmother said when I was a kid: Which the reason of the dogs sniffing each other\'s anus. Is like this: In the sky there was a great party, but to enter, the animals should leave the anus outside. What happened is that there was a great fight. Everybody ran and taked the first anus that saw in the road. Then nowadays, when a dog finds other dog and smells the anus, is to know if that anus is yours or not. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif