PDA

View Full Version : Did I mix this right???

bivonic
01-17-2003, 05:59 AM
Trying to make an SoE equivalent, let me know if this makes sense.

1st off the line on the Ethanol dropper, I\'m assuming that is 1ml? I put 8 ml into an empty SoE bottle, 15 drops of -nol & 5 drops of -rone. Plus put 1 drop of citrus EO. Does that sound about right?

Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-17-2003, 06:42 AM
Doesn\'t sound quite right I\'m afraid. SOE is 4nol 1 rone, you mixed at 3 to one, so you phero balance is off. Second, if you used 8ml of EtOH, then your concentration is off as well. my guess is that you used closer to .8ml of EtoH. I haven\'t worked with the chemset droppers, but if they make them big enough to hol 8ml, they\'d be pretty large.

Check the chart in the reference section, it has all the info you need. I\'d say a closer approximation would be 5ml of Etoh, 4ml of nol, 1ml of rone, but that seems like a damn big batch to make all at once.

Maybe you could go for a test batch at 1ml of alcohol, .8ml of nol and .2ml of rone. Or, if your drops are all the same size, you could go with ten drops EtOH, 8 dropss nol, 2 drops rone.

bivonic
01-17-2003, 07:01 AM
Questions:
1. Is that line marker on the eye dropper 1ml in the ethanol bottle? I took 8 droppers full up to that line only, please clarify this.

2. I got this recipe from a post by FTR & Oscar, could I have more opinions on the ratio\'s with respect to the chemset products?:

Shoe,

No, not heavy on the Rone. Nor the Nol.

I realized that I only had a bit more than 1/2 mL of chem-set (1mg/mL) Rone, and since I didn\'t want to mess with SOE\'s Nol to Rone ratio, I simply opted to make it half strength.

I put 2mL of chem-set Nol, and 1/2mL of Rone into the flask, then added 7.5mL of vegetable glycerine/ethanol base to make 10mL.

Even with the phero concentration of original SOE being cut in half, without a cover fragrance there IS a faint detectable (phero) scent to the stuff, but it\'s quite mild and rather pleasant.

The phero concentration of an unscented product is less critical than for one that is scented. How much or how little one decides to apply is not influenced by an accompanying fragrance.

I do think James should consider releasing such a product.
I\'d buy it too!

Oscar

Irish
01-17-2003, 07:12 AM
Here\'s the easy way.

Use any eyedropper, size unimportant, don\'t measure anything.

4 drops nol
1 drop rone
5 drops ethanol

If that\'s not enough, just multiply all the numbers through, like

or

There you have it - unscented SOE.

If you want to make really \'big\' batches, just substitute \'mls\' for \'drops\' above.

bivonic
01-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Trying to salvage what I already have, is it common to say one drop = .05ml?

Thanks Irish, makes sense.

Irish
01-17-2003, 07:23 AM
I\'ve got eyedroppers that are .03 and .0165. Others report .05. There\'s a lot of variability. To find out, measure out a milliliter or two in someting. Suck it up in your dropper, and count off how many drops it takes to discard the fluid. Divide the number of milliliters you discarded by how many drops it took. That\'s the ml/drop for that eyedropper. Using a bigger ml sample takes longer but gives you a better result - helps to minimize the error in the method.