PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Le Male

Track0714
01-16-2003, 02:43 PM
just picked up some Le Male sample testers off of ebay. not too bad a deal to test this stuff out. I got five 1.2 ml testers, 6 ml total for about $12. just do an ebay search for Le Male, there are more sample testers for sale

Wow this stuff smells sweet. I mixed it with NPA 7:2 ratio. that toned the sweetness down nicely. I like the way the mix smells on me now.

Now off to test this stuff

**DONOTDELETE**
01-16-2003, 10:36 PM
i just got some today. I\'m curious if you couldn\'t even go to a 3:1 ratio though. the le male seems like a very strong scent to me.

mokes
01-17-2003, 11:33 PM
Le Male does have a strong scent--but because of that, it lasts longer. Out of all of my colognes Le Male defenitly lasts the longest.

It\'s \"teh sex\" /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

MaxiMog
01-18-2003, 02:47 AM
While I still like it (probably always will) I\'m going to move to the higer quality stuff. (Natural oils, no synthetics) My interest now goes to the Creeds and the \"L\'artisan parfumeur\" colognes (the latter said to be very good, a bit cheaper in prices than Creed AND being very original (how many fragrances do you know that has figs and fig leaf fragrance as notes?)) It\'s more fun to hear someone say: \"Nice fragrance, what are you wearing?\" than \"Oh, you\'re wearing Le Male? Nice isn\'t it. Only a bit sad that EVERYONE seems to be wearing it these days\". I don\'t like to be part of the masses and as soon as I get a loud and powerful confirmation that Le Male is massively used AND by people I don\'t give a **** about, I will probably completely stop wearing it.

franki
01-18-2003, 03:03 AM
There is no question the masses are using \"Le Male\" since it is a mass market scent. But, why is that so bad to stop using it?

I am afraid most people don\'t smell the difference between a $40 and a $120 cologne .... /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Franki /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

MaxiMog
01-18-2003, 03:15 AM
Green Irish Tweed is often compared as being similar to Cool Water, but WAAAAYYY better. (you can actually smell the different notes in it rather easily). I think that\'s pretty much THE mayor difference between cheap synthetics and natural oils when blended. Some synthetic scents are really a combination of two other synthetics, so you don\'t really get what you think you\'re getting.

There\'s a very old topic here on musk. There are several synthetics and natural musk of course. It was about the quality of the synthetics. I\'ll try to find it. (And let me say that what\'s in it may make it clear why I really prefer natural oils, even if it costs me a lot more)

MaxiMog
01-18-2003, 03:29 AM
http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=19146&page=72& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart= (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=19146&page=72& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=\")

Wolfe
01-18-2003, 04:50 AM
thats would be very silly to do.WHY? cause it became common?..simplely touch it up with some of those other EO\'s you wanna buy and change it up some to become a more personal taste /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif..change that le male to a diff colonge all togeather by adding a few drops of this EO or that EO or even some of both those EO\'s..it will still have the base of le male but still to a womens nose it will be \'something differant\'.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-18-2003, 05:44 AM
If you check out www.perfumeemporium.com (\"http://www.perfumeemporium.com\") you will find reviews of almost every men\'s & women\'s fragrance on the market. Here\'s one post from this site that may be helpful for you guys that are still searching for that \"magic potion\" :

GREAT, A MUST HAVE ZEUS 05/24/02 03:30 PM

MESSAGE BY ZEUS
This is definitely a must have. I will tell you it works! You only need to buy 5 colognes for your arsenal to get noticed: (1) Gaultier LeMale (2) Xeryus Rouge (3) Hollywood (4) Lapidus (5) Bijan. Of course there are a few others but to arouse their suspicion because they are not citrusy or smell like the ocean these are the ones. BUY THEM and you will not be disappointed.
He was referring to \"Lapidus\" by Ted Lapidus. I don\'t know about this one, by i agree with him about the others. My favorite of the 5 he mentioned is Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy, but you can only use about 1 spray of it cause this stuff is STRONG !

Happy Hunting !!

Wolfe
01-18-2003, 05:58 AM
colognes are like toliet paper, each has his own idea of what works for him, 3/4\'s of the stuff i\'ve tryed over the yrs smells great in the air/paper tested and yet turns rancid on my skin anywhere from a few minutes to a 1/2 hr r so..personal SKIN TESTING is a MUST!!!! (either that or you love to toss you\'re money away)
this is big reason i\'ve been collecting high end EO\'s the last few months(not used yet-just collecting as high end is DAMN expensive stuff) till i get a full collection of them and then i will do my own mixes to use. (and some cologne spiking, IE: add a drop of this or that to those i have found that work on me IE:LeMale works ok on me as does TheBaron.)

Elana
01-18-2003, 06:01 AM
That\'s so true. My signature fragrance used to be Magie Noir by Lancome. It drove the men crazy. Very few women can wear this fragrance, but it worked beautifully on me. The same fragrance will smell very different on different people.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-18-2003, 06:12 AM
Here\'s more from perfumeemporium.com reviews:

1- Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy:
SEXUAL POWER CAROLINA 07/28/02 02:53 AM

MESSAGE BY CAROLINA
This fragance is incredible... and not for every men: not romantic or sensual but very sexual.It may be an aphrodisiac. Special for winter nights.

WHAT SHE SAID. GOOSE 05/31/02 03:31 PM NOT RATED

MESSAGE BY GOOSE
All she said when she first got a whiff of this stuff was \"Please Do Me Now!\" So I obliged. Great, a winner and not overpopulated like some other colognes I know of.

2- \"Hollywood\" by Fred Hayman:

NOONER! ZEUS 05/24/02 03:14 PM

MESSAGE BY ZEUS
Interested in noontime sex-capades? Wear this stuff and you can have your pick of the ladies in the office. Gaultier is tops, Xeryous Rouge is a close second and Hollywood comes in at third for triggering that alarm within the girls that says I am Ready!

FRED HAYMANS HOLLYWOOD LISA 10/10/01 12:39 AM NOT RATED

MESSAGE BY LISA
this perfume is luxurious and fresh,complex and irresisatble

3- \"Bijan\" by Bijan:

BIJAN MARCY 07/19/01 11:38 AM NOT RATED

MESSAGE BY MARCY
this is by far the best mens fragrance ever created! Nothing else on the market smells like it. It is warm, spicy and very sexy. This is also my husband\'s very fragrance to wear.

BIJAN IS UNIQUE DOUG 02/14/02 02:34 PM

MESSAGE BY DOUG
Bijan for men is a very unique smelling fragrance. There is nothing else like it out now, very sophisticated. This is the cologne if you are tired of the \"foofy\" same ol\'stuff and if you want to smell like a man. It is a bit strong out of the bottle but wait a few minutes and \"BANG\".

4- \"Le Male\" by Jean-Paul Gaultier:

ADDICTIVE CHICA 01/01/03 03:41 PM

MESSAGE BY CHICA
distinctive & totally captivating...whenever I get a whiff of it I find myself inching closer to the guy wearing it just to breathe in the scent...NO other cologne has done that in recent memory (aside from YSL Jazz waaaaay back)

HOT!! ZEUS 04/02/02 04:52 PM

MESSAGE BY ZEUS
Mannnnnn, this stuff is hot, I love it because it is diffferent. I get mixed reviews from others who really like it or really hate it and on both accounts the reason is that it is very sweet smelling. Although you cannot argue against its uniqueness. I rate performance of the fragrance a B+ - A- depending on the age of women you ask, it seems younger like the basic Tommy Sport, Aqua Di Gio, and CK One type of citrus scent so do not expect too much progress with those under 22 yrs old.

5- \"Lapidus\" by Ted Lapidus:

LAPIDUS JOLENE 11/08/01 08:54 PM

MESSAGE BY JOLENE
I love Lapidus. It\'s sexy and clean smelling.

UNIQUE JORGE 05/04/02 12:33 PM

MESSAGE BY JORGE
I was encouraged to try this, based on the posted messages. It\'s true, Lapidus is oddly amazing. I love it.

Remember, these are all STRONG scents, so don\'t overdo it.

Happy Hunting !!

upsidedown
01-18-2003, 07:13 AM
>>colognes are like toliet paper, each has his own idea of what works for him,<< Wolfe

Colognes are like toilet paper? Hmm, guess I\'ve really led a sheltered life...I had no idea there were connoisseurs of fine toilet papers out there (although I admit that I did come across some TP in eastern Europe years ago that I wouldn\'t wish on anybody.)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, NOBODY START A TOILET PAPER THREAD! RESIST THE TEMPTATION! PLEASE, NO! AAARGHH.

Wolfe
01-18-2003, 07:15 AM
so i have a sensitive a$$,, sue me /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Elana
01-18-2003, 07:17 AM
USD-Throw something at Wolfe. The crime: using such a bad analogy. Punishment: Nothing big....maybe a few blueberries

Wolfe
01-18-2003, 07:26 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Wolfe
01-18-2003, 07:33 AM
ahh,,,tomatoes plz. i can use the extra Lycopene. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

krtel
01-18-2003, 10:11 AM
I figure if people want such a strong and seductive scent, why not just use AXE, its pretty damn strong. :-)

- Krish