View Full Version : Chatty:Bonding:Alpha-Male:Comfort mix

bivonic
01-16-2003, 09:27 AM
Thinking of making this mix

Nol:Rone:None:A1

15:7:5:3

Chatty:Bonding:Alpha-Male:Comfort

50%:23.3%:16.7%:10%

I want to use Le Male as the cover scent so citrus/jasmine/musk oil to the mix & how much? I guess this stuff is concentrated as well so 2 drops? & then maybe 28 drops of Ethanol or more?
Thus making the ratio\'s

Nol:Rone:None:A1
25%:11.7%:8.3%:5%

I could use some help in calculating measurements as I do not want to OD on my 1st mix, but I guess there will always be trial & error, just trying to minimize the error part.

Has anyone used a similar combination? How were the results? Which of the three EO\'s included in chemset (citrus, jasmine, musk) blends well with Le Male? I also use Realm for Men but I prefer to use that for more -none heavy mixes & I bet the musk would blend well with that.

Also since the normal guide for spiking cologne is 5:1 but since this is already somewhat diluted with the ethanol how about a 4:1 ratio with Le Male sound about right?

TIA!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-16-2003, 10:00 AM
FWIW I would suggest that you do not put in any EO. If what you really want is to smell like Le Male, you probably shouldn\'t muddy the waters with other smells. How much you dilute depends on how you plan to apply the mix (spray vs. dab), but since the chemset is mixed in alcohol, alcohol seems like a good choice to dilute the mix. If you put your mix together as you plan, and use 30 drops of EtOH, you will be working with a .5 mg/ml concentration, the same strength as PI/m or Rogue Male. Two *dabs* of this would give you .02 mg pheros, right on the nose of Scientist\'s hit number. Half of that will be nol. Put on two dabs (you know what locations work best for you) and then apply Le Male as usual.

OR...

at that concentration, you could mix it in a 4:1 ratio with Le Male as if it were an NPA type product. The drawback is that then you run the risk of changing the smell of Le Male to something you don\'t like as much.

OR...

you could put in 120 drops of EtOH instead of 30 drops, put the mixture in an atomizer and spray it on. Depending on the volume of the spray, one or two sprays will do the trick, then cover with Le Male. The advantage of this and the first (dab) approach is that you can put your pheros on separately, and then cover with whatever scent you fell like that day.

If it helps, my preferred method would be to mix with 30 drops of EtOH and dab. You could go to as many as 6 dabs with your proposed formula and still not run the risk of a none OD (only .01 mg at that level, well below the OD threshold), but I don\'t know about the risk of rone OD as I\'ve never worked with it. The best indicator is your own experience. As always YMMV

bivonic
01-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Sympatible thanks so much for the detailed reply. I will go with the dab method, I\'m glad my logic was right in the measurements. I will probably apply the Le Male 1st & then cover with the mones, I read in a different post that this would expose the mones a little more.

What is YMMV?

Thanks I plan on using this tonight, but I\'ll bring some PI/m as a backup if I don\'t get enough of a reaction, I\'ll be in a bar scene so it might need a slight kick (start with a drop of PI/m if I don\'t get any response & then an additional drop but only after another hour or so).

Lastly is the best method to apply a dab is to take the eye dropper, empty is completely & then wipe the liquid from the outside surface on my skin as 1 dab? Or perhaps not completely, only to take a swipe from one side of the dropper?

TIA!

**DONOTDELETE**
01-16-2003, 10:17 AM
YMMV = Your mileage may vary /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I usually dab by putting my middle finger over the mouth of the container, turning the container over and then upright again, and then putting what\'s on my finger on me.

I can understand the desire for backup. It\'s always a tough call when testing to balance the need to test against the need to get a target\'s attention....however, if you want to give it a fair trial, you probably need to ride it out the whole night with the mix. Maybe start the night with two dabs and supplement with additional dabs evry hour or so until you get a response?

bivonic
01-16-2003, 10:35 AM
I\'ll probably try the experiment over the weekend, I\'ll be in ski country amongst strangers, tonight I need more reliable results so I\'ll go with my standard drop of PI/m behind each ear & a drop of A1 in hair gel & a bunch of SoE - 8\" or so dispersed in various spots.

I\'ll give a full report on Tuesday.