PDA

View Full Version : Repost - Minimalist Manifesto

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2003, 01:51 PM
another good post that deserves another go-round
http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=15049&page=&vi ew=&sb=&o=&vc=1 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=15049&page=&vi ew=&sb=&o=&vc=1\")

bivonic
01-15-2003, 03:09 PM
very good read - THANKS!

DrSmellThis
01-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Yes; nice post /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Wolfe
01-15-2003, 03:11 PM
agreed, and goes hand and hand with my thoughts on what i\'ve seen some posting lately..such as 4-6 daps of NPA\\RM?..seems that be a OD

Watcher
01-15-2003, 03:29 PM
Yeah that thread was very good. Sometimes less is better othertimes more seems the way to go. Its mostly better for more in smoke filled environs ie bars, pubs and nightclubs and less in the workplace etc.

druid
01-15-2003, 04:45 PM
How much should I apply (of none) to get these results?? I have TE, NPA, RM, and APC. Also what is a \"less is more\" does of nol?? I have PI/w which is very heavy on nol and I have SOE.

Tonight I am gonna \"clease the pallet\" and towworow I will go for a less is more dose -- say 3 dabs of APC? Will that suffice?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Sympatible, that was timely.

I miss a.k.a. He always writes a good post.

Watcher
01-15-2003, 07:20 PM
Yes very timley and also ive just hit the title of pheromaniac, i wonder what is next.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Congratulations, Watcher!

Watcher
01-15-2003, 07:27 PM
How many posts before u went to recovery FTR?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Too many! I don\'t know, I don\'t pay attention. With one exception, every time I made rank, someone else pointed it out to me. I don\'t notice what title I have.

Watcher
01-15-2003, 07:42 PM
I wonder what youre next ranking will be just out of interest.

franki
01-15-2003, 07:43 PM
There isn\'t a next ranking (yet) after Recovery. Maybe we could come up with a funny one for FTR. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Franki

Watcher
01-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Yeah sounds like a good idea, perhaps the next level could be 3000, or maybe a complete reworking of the system could be done, bruce could invite ideas etc.

bundyburger
01-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Yeah.... She could start all over again maybe. Stranger sounds good to me. Strange, Stranger , strangest. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif Nahhh...you\'re a legend FTR. (I\'ll suck up to you. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif )

Me thinks [Phero Goddess] /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks to all for the kudos. I agree that I\'d like to hear more from aka these days, as well as many others, to balance out the hype with more thoughtful discussion. His approach certainly gives a perspective to what we\'re doing here. I think I\'m getting grouchy from too many posts jocking mixes and too many posts that basically read: \"GIVE ME THE PERFECT MIX RIGHT NOW CAUSE I WANT TO GET LAID AND I DON\'T WANT TO TAKE MY TIME AND LEARN ANYTHING I JUST WANT TO BE SPOON FED THE RIGHT ANSWER!!! AND DON\"T YOU DARE TELL ME \"IT DEPENDS!!\" JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO SO I CAN SLATHER ON SOME PHEROS AND DRAW WOMEN TO ME MAGICALLY IN SPITE OF MYCOMPLETE LACK OF SOCIAL SKILLS AND UNWILINGESS TO ACQUIRE ANY.\"

Ironically, I\'ve been cruising along for the past month with a mix that has made me quite happy. After reading this thread in the archives, I ran the numbers and figured out that except for the rone (I haven\'t any), it turns out to be very similar ratios to the 4:1:1:1 mix at roughly twice the concentration. So my usual dosage of two dabs deleivers a phero pattern like the aka mix at about 33% stronger concentration. I\'m amused that I ended up by trial and error in a similar place, but irritated to realize that I had read this thread 8 months ago and dismissed it as a quaint but misguided idea. Live and learn I suppose, but it goes to show that a number of questions have already been answered if we just take the time to do the research.

It also goes to show that posting your findings is important, even if it doesn\'t seem to shake the world up when you post it the first time. Reasonable and measured reporting is useful. Broad pronouncements without sufficient field research is not helpful because it closes down discussion and reduces the ongoing testing of given idea. One successful day does not conclusively prove much, any more than one bad day proves a product unsuccessful. OK, I\'m off the soapbox....

Wolfe
01-16-2003, 02:37 AM
while i agree that it sometimes closes down discussion.it shouldn\'t, i mean look, even as good as aka\'s stuff is (it still can be researched and refined) because if it can\'t, whats the point in going futher? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif, we all just use that and forget the rest. See no fun in that myself /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif i\'d rather keep going on, making mistakes, and learning from it, as i just MIGHT find something thats better for me (or you) in the end of it all (not to mention we have things to add to mixes he didnt)

**DONOTDELETE**
01-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Wolfe, I agree whole-heartedly. I like to see the continued experimentation, tweaking discussion...that\'s my point! I\'m encouraging people to report their testing because we need to get all the ideas out on the table and wrestle them around....and even if no one comes back and give positive feedback on a post right away doesn\'t mean that somebody won\'t get something out of it down the road. The key is that people actually need to do the testing, rather than just accepting someone else\'s word and going with it.

Wolfe
01-16-2003, 08:26 AM
failure isn\'t possible without a attempt being made.
advances can\'t be made without failures.
now i feel like i\'ve gotten \"MY\" combo very well set, and yet, i KNOW i still can make it work better, do i NEED to make it work better, well no i don\'t, however, i wouldn\'t find it nearly as interesting if i didn\'t at least try to.
Maybe for many this doesnt hold true (me being so much older than most here) but the chase is MUCH more important to me that the prey once i\'ve caught it (now don\'t take that wrong, i love women and love to make them smile /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif ) and in that regard i do quiet well. most every woman i been with was happy that i was with her. can\'t say i\'ve had the misfortune that some have had with the \'24 hr rule\' where they( my lady friends) were sorry they had been with me. Not sure why, might be cause i don\'t go JUST for the poontang but to please them knowing that if i do that i WILL BE pleased in return.
that\'s just IMHO though.