PDA

View Full Version : Haha I thought of a silly idea.

bsxs
01-14-2003, 03:42 PM
I\'m a musician, but I thought of something kinda crazy. Maybe like at a show, I could work up some device where I can spray pheros into the crowd. Well that\'d be really hard. I wish there was some type of pheromone music. Scientists need to look more into that. What specific tones send what messages to the brain. Like hypnotizing someone into sex with music.. hoooo hooo!!

TBiRD
01-14-2003, 03:51 PM
silly idea......true /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

SonnyBlack
01-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Radiohead seems to incorporate the basic ideas of hypnotism and subliminal messages in their songs.....

bsxs
01-14-2003, 03:54 PM
That Idioteque song makes me feel really weird, I think they use some in that.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Yes, and I looooove Radiohead.

There\'s book called \"Music, The Brain, and Ecstasy\" that you might find interesting.

SonnyBlack
01-14-2003, 04:03 PM
yes they use what musicians refer to as dissonance and assonance in their music. Disonance being rough sounds...sounds that bother you to some extent...and assonance being beautiful pleasing sounds. An example of this with Radiohead is when Jonny Greenwood (the guitarrist) starts making really weird and almost annoying(to the normal person...i love that weird stuff) noises either with his guitar or synhthesizer and in the background Thom Yorke continues singing a beautiful melody with his awesome voice...that way you dont know youre being hypnotized but you are. They are definetely the best band out there right now....bar none

bsxs
01-14-2003, 04:05 PM
They\'re not my favorite to listen to, but nobody can deny it, they\'re very creative. My favorite is Mr Bungle or Faith No More.

SonnyBlack
01-14-2003, 04:06 PM
i like angel dust from faith no more...very much

bsxs
01-14-2003, 04:07 PM
I want to find out what tones can act like pheromones, like send messages to the brain relating to sex. I\'ll hide those behind my music.

TBiRD
01-14-2003, 04:10 PM
System of a Down - Toxcicity (maybe chop suey)

I thin its kinda magical too....I\'m a die-hard hiphop addict , but when I came across this song , I\'ve been listening to it 2 weeks nonstop , only this song....Damn speaking of it make me wonna double-click the mp3 and turn up the volume /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Noooooooooo what do you own the world ? How do you own disoooooorder ? Diiiiiiiiisooooorder Dissoooooooorder........Disooooooooooooooooooooooo rder
Now somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep , saaaaacred siiiiiilence and sleeeeep ........

love this song !

bsxs
01-14-2003, 04:18 PM
System of a Down are a bit Faith No More/Mr Bungle ripoffs themselves. I think Chop Suey is a really catchy song though. It appeals to all audiences.

TBiRD
01-14-2003, 04:29 PM
whyyyyyy have u forsaken meeeeee in your eyes forsaken meee , truuuuuuust iiiiin myyyyyyyy selfrightous suiciiiiiiiiideee , I cry when angels deseeerve to die.

I wouldn\'t say they are a ripoff lyrics are pretty tight !

Elana
01-14-2003, 04:30 PM
TBiRD- You have a fantastic voice /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

nbnbtc
01-14-2003, 04:47 PM
You might want to check out this site http://www.lunarsight.com/freq.htm (\"http://www.lunarsight.com/freq.htm\") its a list of Brainwave Frequencies, you can probably figure out what you want to do from that by using tones at those specific frequencies.

bsxs
01-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Wow! That really is the audio equivelent of a pheromone. I was trying some out. That is crazy!

nbnbtc
01-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Yeah? Let me know how that works out for you. I\'ve found that list pretty helpful in playing around with different brainwave frequencies, but I\'m not a musician or anything so I\'d be interested in hearing how you incorporate that into actual music.

bsxs
01-14-2003, 05:02 PM
What I was thinking. Was making chords with those frequencies of the ones that match up. I can hypnotize a whole room into having sex with me. I was trying some out. I felt like I was on a beach sitting by the ocean.

TBiRD
01-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Sorry Elena , didn\'t want to hurt any feelings , just a stupid joke .

bsxs
01-14-2003, 05:06 PM
I was thinking of having very low tones that the human ear can\'t actually hear, but will process into the brain. A lot like pheromones!

nbnbtc
01-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Really, hmm that could work. I don\'t know about hypnotizing but you can certainly have an effect on their mental state, its just a matter of finding the right frequencies. You might also want to play around with using flashing lights at different frequencies as well to compliment the tones, like a strobelight type thing but at specific frequencies, that definitely has a more pronounced effect. I don\'t know how it would work on a large scale, would be interesting to try though.

xxxPantero
01-14-2003, 05:56 PM
\"You might want to check out this site http://www.lunarsight.com/freq.htm (\"http://www.lunarsight.com/freq.htm\") its a list of Brainwave Frequencies, you can probably figure out what you want to do from that by using tones at those specific frequencies. \"

good lord, what a small world...

the information that was posted on that website was obtained from another page (as the webmaster mentions)

that other page was MY OLDER BROTHER\'S!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif jesus, what a small world. his website is no longer active, i think, but you can check. the link is on that frequency page.

wow, i am slightly amazed.

nbnbtc
01-14-2003, 06:05 PM
Wow, it is a small world. Tell your brother thanks for putting together something so useful! I use that information all the time when I play around with light and sound frequencies.

Watcher
01-14-2003, 06:07 PM
2 Unlimited did that fairly well as well with their music even had a song called hypnotised and let the beat control youre body, just follow the link on my thread to see for urselfs.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2003, 10:14 PM
i studied types of binaural beats to produce low frew (theta resonant) brain wave stimulation a while back. i had to stop because it gave me too many headaches. I inititally blended the theta freqs with some hypnotic inductions from various nlp sources and it worked quite well at aceiving deep trance states, but the downside for binaural bveats to work is that you are required to use headphones to syn the beats across both ears.

Rythm, tempo, and other factors can induce trace states in subjects. Techniques from using monotone to using varied tones, or dual voices that can cause a consious/unconsious split can also work.

Or you could just play good music and get laid the old fashioned way. Musicians have it easy and if you have talent or at least can pose like you do, you should probably not even need pheros. just find yourself some groupies.

talis

oscar
01-15-2003, 08:17 AM
bsxs,

Re: Getting pheros to the audience.
http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=43138&Sear ch=true&Forum=UBB5&Words=fogger&Match=Entire%20Phr ase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=43107 (\"http://www.server2.love-scent.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=43138&Sear ch=true&Forum=UBB5&Words=fogger&Match=Entire%20Phr ase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=43107\")

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif