PDA

View Full Version : Want to see a "hit"?

Whitehall
01-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Got a plan.

So many of the newbies want to know just what a hit is like. They are hard to describe and they are rare enough that they have proved impossible to capture \"in the wild.\"

So my idea is to script short segments showing the various forms of hit reaction. We\'d tape these with an actor and actress then convert to digital format to post on the board and make available to all.

However, I\'m not current on the available electronic formats and would like some technical recommendations.

bivonic
01-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Store it as an *.MPEG file, that\'s pretty common.

upsidedown
01-14-2003, 02:00 PM
I;m no expert. But, I would think putting it in one of the common formats such as the Real Player format, or the Microsoft Media Player format would be ideal. Mpeg 1 may be what Microsoft uses..I\"m not sure. But, it needs to work on the standard free players that everyone has access to.

So, did you have some sort of plan for putting this together?

Whitehall
01-14-2003, 02:10 PM
So I have a video camera. How do I get it from the video \"out\" into a digital format? Do I need a video capture board?

Yes, I have a plan - the hard part will be finding a savvy actress. I\'ll be discussing the details at Pherocon.

upsidedown
01-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Yes, you have to have a video capture device on your computer to put it in digital format. Most of these devices also tend to include the software to convert it into different formats.

Outside of having the camera, do you have any way of editing it?

If you had the video shot, I\'m sure there are plenty of guys on here, including myself, who have ways of converting it to digital format. But, you\'d just have to mail the tape off to someone else to have it done if you didn\'t want to invest in a video capture device. I think you could probably get into a basic one for $100 or so. I\'d just have to price shop them....it\'s been a while since I did this.

belgareth
01-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Depends on your video camera. There are several ways to connect. Can you send me specs?

Real player and MS will both play MPEG format and for small images the size isn\'t too outrageous. We better talk to Bruce about storage area though. It can add up fast.

belgareth
01-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Some of the newer cameras will send it through the USB port. It\'s a nice feature we\'ve been playing with a bit.

TBiRD
01-14-2003, 03:23 PM
I dont believe , that its hard to see a hit when it happens.
A good hit is something that happens to you that is way out of normal. Example:
If you walk around the city and girls look at you , thats not really a hit. Thats just pretty normal because people (unless totaly ignorant or very busy) are interested ino other people so they often take quick looks.
But, if girls start staring at you for no obvious reason (unless you are very good looking). Or if they follow you around or pull one-hundred-eighties on u THATs a sure hit cos this behaviour is rather unusual.

This was a description of very good hits , but there are also lots of subtile hits that you can only see through reading and understanding a womans bodylanguage.
Example : She corrects her hair for no obvious reason , her body is directed at u , she sits with spread legs, and so on...

This shoulda help u n00bs /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif
I myself happen to be a n00b to this but I think I read THE WHOLE friggin Forum on what a hit is like so I think I\'ll be able to see one when it happens. (Btw , the FaQ also has few examples)

I dont see how some actresses weird face expression could help anybody , every women reacts slightly different. Some might jumpt at u others will smile and turn red....

So spend the money on mones and not 100bux on a camera.

Watcher
01-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Oh the great pherocon event. This could be one of the interesting advances to come out of the convention. Anyone wanting details check out the pherocon discussion section for times and locations.