PDA

View Full Version : pheromone scent

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2001, 11:24 AM
What if the products have other contents besides just Pheromones? APC apparently has next to nothing in regards to Phero content, so why do I get major hits with it? Ones that I can’t seem to get when using a product like the The Edge on its own?

Dylan

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: Dylan ]

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2001, 12:07 PM
i am completely convinced that they work, just wondering why it (primal instict) smells so umm potent. i know that some of the blends contain their own unique essential oils and fragrance. but we\'re referring to that \'orrible smell-which some have described as \"cat piss\", \"b.o.\", etc.
images/icons/crazy.gif

a.k.a.
08-31-2001, 02:05 PM
james,
I think you\'re right about the smell being due to impurities (leftover reagents). In a previous board, Phil Stone (of Stone Lab products) mentioned that AE is purer than some competitors; which is why it\'s not as offensive as other concentrated products.
In addition, even the purest androstenone is suposed to have a musky-woodsy smell which many perfumes try to imitate. I imagine this in itself could be offensive in large quantities.

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: a.k.a. ]

oscar
08-31-2001, 03:00 PM
james,

Welcome.
Ditto,a.k.a.- Alter ego has hardly ANY of that characteristic piss-like smell that we associate with Pheromones.

When asked why this was so, a customer service rep. of Stone Independent Research (AE\'s manufacturer) replied, \"The odors found in pheromone products are only partly associated with pheromones themselves.Many of the more offensive detectable odors are actually caused by ester impurities in the raw materials commonly used in these products.\" He went on to say that Stone uses only the purest, highest grade reagent materials available,thus producing a less \"musky\" smelling product.

Take my word for it,this is TRUE. When I first received AE ,I was panic-stricken that it didn\'t smell at all like cat piss! I\'ve since overcome my problem by applying my AE only while standing next to my cat\'s litter pan. images/icons/laugh.gif

As for the PI, start with just ONE drop spread sparingly around the body to minimize possible piss odor detection.It\'s GOOD STUFF!

The stuff that smells like piss WORKS,the stuff that DOESN\'T smell like piss WORKS.
Go figure!?!

Again,Welcome,
Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

Bruce
08-31-2001, 04:25 PM
Hello,

I agree with all that has been said here. There still are famous names in the field that maintain that androstenone may be completely odorless since it is impossible to get a 100% pure sample, but their numbers are dwindling. The reagents used to produce the androstenone are definitely altering the smell of the finished product since the sample will change smell the further you remove those reagents, but I believe that there is something about pure androstenone that is NOT totally UNlike BO, piss or whatever. In nature male piss and sweat are loaded with androstenone, and they will break down into other yet nastier smelling things when acted upon by bacteria, so all BO is not necessarily \"good\" and only in need of a little cologne.
One last point though, remember that AE contains two other pheros other than androstenone, and they do not have that piss smell (sterone does have something similar), Also, the fragrance added to AE is very well suited for cutting that smell.

Cheers and thanks for the great info,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2001, 09:47 PM
So that is why Alter ego is so clean smelling, well its good that at least one company (Stone labs) is making it better smelling by making the product the best it can, hopefully other companies that are planning to produce pheromones or are in the market already follow their lead, better competition will benefit us in the long-run does anyone have any other information into current research efforts or new products coming onto the market.

Sorry about the grammar again everyone.

I hope this is better.

**DONOTDELETE**
08-31-2001, 10:18 PM
I just received my PI and agree with the many posts regarding its potent smell. According to Ayesh R. et al (The Fish Odour Syndrome : Biochemical, familial and clinical aspects. British Medical Journal 1993;307pp655-657)pheromones are supposed to be completely odor free. Body odor is caused by skin bacterial activity thriving in dark moisture (sweaty armpits). For instance, when your head sweats there is no strong odor since it is exposed to more air and light, not good breeding grounds for bacteria.
What causes the potent smell found in some of the stronger products? Is it a by-product of the processing, impurities perhaps? If these products are synthetic, ie. not derived from the sweat of virile, young men or other mammals, there should be no smell.
Perhaps Bruce or another informed member can explain. Thanks.

oscar
09-01-2001, 06:49 AM
Paul,

Guess what company makes Perfect Ten?
Hint-Their shit don\'t stink. images/icons/wink.gif

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
09-01-2001, 09:45 AM
thanks oscar for the welcome and thanks everyone for the info!
this is such a great forum--the positivity, the willingness to help each other out, not to mention good info...
it\'s a good one! images/icons/smile.gif