PDA

View Full Version : One post Two questions

**DONOTDELETE**
01-13-2003, 03:30 AM
1. For all you Edge and NPA experts:
I have 2 bottles of NPA but only had the Edge tester. Now I\'m almost running out of the Edge tester and didn\'t get enough time to experiment with it. My question is: Is the Edge the basically NPA with more alcohol dilution, or are there other secret ingredients involved? Is there any way I can turn NPA into Edge?

2. When I spray cologne with pheros, do I spray it directly over the place I applied it or would it be better to spray the cologne on another spot?

Irish
01-13-2003, 08:33 AM
You can make TE from NPA - same ingredients.

1part NPA + 3parts carrier = TE

A drugstore eyedropper is a good way to mix small batches. For carrier I like Everclear from the liquor store (ethanol). If that\'s hard to get in your area there\'s some ethanol/water carrier in the chemset, or you could probably get away with using vodka. Or you could mix the NPA with cologne as your carrier - small batches are recommended cause then you have your pheros committed to one cologne.

I like to spray cologne, let dry, then spray pheros on top. That way I don\'t \'seal\' the pheros in under a cologne layer - pheros are barely volatile and need all the help they can get to become airborne. I also spray in nearby but different areas sometimes. There probably no \'wrong\' way to do what you asked in 2). Experimenting/personal taste should answer that for you.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanx Irish. If I were back in the States it would be a lot easier, but I\'m currently living in Thailand. Can anyone living in Asia suggest a good source of ethanol (besides vodka or gin). By the way, does methyl alcohol work as well? Any suggetions would be appreciated.

Whitehall
01-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Do NOT use methanol. It can be absorbed through the skin or inhaled. Once in the system it metabolizes to formahyde and can cause blindness and death.

I would suspect that you can go to a drugstore in Thailand and buy medicinal alcohol from the pharmacist. They use in in many preparations. Get 95% UNdenatured if you can.

Watcher
01-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Ditto on the extreme danger aspect stick to the medicinal alcohol.

DrSmellThis
01-15-2003, 08:28 AM
151 Rum works.
Any grain alcohol.
oils don\'t dissolve in vodka; probably not gin either.